PDA

View Full Version : GOP Establishment Mobilizes Against Newt Gingrich

Shadow
01-28-2012, 10:14 AM
As Newt Gingrich's momentum seems to be slipping in the days leading up to the Florida primary, Republican politicians and conservative pundits have launched attacks against the former House speaker.
Recent polls in Florida show Mitt Romney back ahead, which is in part because of an anti-Gingrich avalanche raining down from members of his own party.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-establishment-mobilizes-newt/story?id=15458239

krisy
01-29-2012, 01:02 PM
He definitely is taking a beating by a lot of prominent conservatives. I've seen everyone from Ann Coulter to Bob Dole give him a beat down. At the same time,people like Sara Palin(in SC),Michael Reagan,and now Herman Cain have endorsed him. Herman Cain was my favorite in the race before he dropped out.

I'm going to have to research these allegations against him more. I respect all these people that have come out for and against him. I don't trust the news to give me all the details.

At this point,I am leaning toward Rick Santorum,but the poor guy cannot get the press he deserves. Also,as much as I disagree with Ron Paul on foreign policy,the debates have not been fair to him or Santorum timewise. The media is once again shaping this election up.

Shadow
01-29-2012, 01:34 PM
He definitely is taking a beating by a lot of prominent conservatives. I've seen everyone from Ann Coulter to Bob Dole give him a beat down. At the same time,people like Sara Palin(in SC),Michael Reagan,and now Herman Cain have endorsed him. Herman Cain was my favorite in the race before he dropped out.

I'm going to have to research these allegations against him more. I respect all these people that have come out for and against him. I don't trust the news to give me all the details.

At this point,I am leaning toward Rick Santorum,but the poor guy cannot get the press he deserves. Also,as much as I disagree with Ron Paul on foreign policy,the debates have not been fair to him or Santorum timewise. The media is once again shaping this election up.

You would think they would have learned from the infighting last time around (see McCain,Huckabee,Romney). The establishment gave the conservatives a shitty candiate last time around (McCain) which everyone hated. Then they pacified a lot of the conservatives by selecting Palin as VP...only to tear her down later. They obviously wanted to lose.

These dipshits have no clue what they are doing...are we sure they have paid consultants on their staff?:laugh:

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 01:39 PM
You would think they would have learned from the infighting last time around (see McCain,Huckabee,Romney).

This happens on the other side of the political line as well and it's a major issue but the bigger problem is that people are simply picking sides without looking at the big picture, the power is there to change it but the majority are too stupid to see that.

krisy
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
You would think they would have learned from the infighting last time around (see McCain,Huckabee,Romney). The establishment gave the conservatives a shitty candiate last time around (McCain) which everyone hated. Then they pacified a lot of the conservatives by selecting Palin as VP...only to tear her down later. They obviously wanted to lose.

These dipshits have no clue what they are doing...are we sure they have paid consultants on their staff?:laugh:

Thats what is so amazing. People haven't learned to do their own thinking. They still let the media do it for them. I thought for sure this time there would be no way to get anything but a true conservative against Obama.

Shadow
01-29-2012, 01:54 PM
This happens on the other side of the political line as well and it's a major issue but the bigger problem is that people are simply picking sides without looking at the big picture, the power is there to change it but the majority are too stupid to see that.

That's what happens when you are dealing with a shallow entertainment driven society. It's all about the packaging and advertising....not substance.

krisy
01-29-2012, 02:04 PM
That's what happens when you are dealing with a shallow entertainment driven society. It's all about the packaging and advertising....not substance.

No doubt. Gotta have a good lookin(in some opinions) white guy to get up there and be the GOP frontrunner. No one else could possibly have a chance.

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 02:29 PM

Very true, things are likely to get worse before they get better...

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 02:31 PM
No doubt. Gotta have a good lookin(in some opinions) white guy to get up there and be the GOP frontrunner. No one else could possibly have a chance.

This is true too, newt doesn't stand a chance in hell...:laugh2:

OCA
01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Thats what is so amazing. People haven't learned to do their own thinking. They still let the media do it for them. I thought for sure this time there would be no way to get anything but a true conservative against Obama.

You are assuming there is a true conservative running, there isn't.

krisy
01-29-2012, 02:41 PM
You are assuming there is a true conservative running, there isn't.

I think you misunderstood me,that's my point. I'm not fully convinced there is either. Santorum seams to be pretty conservative tho. He has openly admitted any mistakes and doesn't try to bullsh*t around them. I like that.

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I think you misunderstood me,that's my point. I'm not fully convinced there is either. Santorum seams to be pretty conservative tho. He has openly admitted any mistakes and doesn't try to bullsh*t around them. I like that.

They all bullshit and neither side is true to their party. A third party option such as the independant might be the thing to right the ship or at least to put some perspective back into the system.

OCA
01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
They all bullshit and neither side is true to their party. A third party option such as the independant might be the thing to right the ship or at least to put some perspective back into the system.

BINGO! Give that man a cigar!

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Problem is who's the candidate?

OCA
01-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Problem is who's the candidate?

Haven't had a convention yet, there will be one soon though.

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Haven't had a convention yet, there will be one soon though.

thats not soone enough or I don't think it would be soon enough to open eyes. I do think it would be a good start forward though.

revelarts
01-29-2012, 03:00 PM
As Newt Gingrich's momentum seems to be slipping in the days leading up to the Florida primary, Republican politicians and conservative pundits have launched attacks against the former House speaker.
Recent polls in Florida show Mitt Romney back ahead, which is in part because of an anti-Gingrich avalanche raining down from members of his own party.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-establishment-mobilizes-newt/story?id=15458239

Now we're talking whats the subtance of the allegations, that's the only thing that matters. All the rest is Show biz.

BINGO! Give that man a cigar! http://www.constitutionparty.com/ (http://www.constitutionparty.com/)

!!COUGH!!?

what?!!
i thought i was the only one here who even considered voting 3rd party. I've been beaten back several times about over the pass couple years.

I voted for Chuck Baldwin, the constitution party's candidate, in the last Presidential election.

but Paul running R so I'm sticking till the end, he's closer to the Constitution party than any of the other candidates. Santorum is a poor 2nd. Gingrich and Romney aren't on the map.

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 03:07 PM
but Paul running R so I'm sticking till the end, he's closer to the Constitution party than any of the other candidates. Santorum is a poor 2nd. Gingrich and Romney aren't on the map.

Paul doesn't have a chance in hell, may be a better choice as suggested in your line above but all of the names you mention above would come out on top. Paul is not the difference make in the equation.... Just my opinion.

krisy
01-29-2012, 03:15 PM

I never have been closed minded to a third party.

pegwinn
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Historically, a rising third party means that one of the big two is going into the shitter.

Not a bad idea really.

fj1200
01-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Historically, a rising third party means that one of the big two is going into the shitter.

Not a bad idea really.

Unfortunately we know which party would go that way. A third party is an utter waste given our system of selecting representatives and a POTUS. Primary challenges are a more effective use of protesting IMO.