PDA

View Full Version : Conservative beliefs linked to low IQ

gabosaurus
01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
I could have told them this without doing a study. :laugh:

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

ConHog
01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Yep, noway I could find a study on the internet that says liberals suffer from low intellect............

OCA
01-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Yep, noway I could find a study on the internet that says liberals suffer from low intellect............

Yeah, thats why the blue states(liberal) almost always have the esteemed educational institutions contained within and the red states(neocon) include mostly.......................well..........the South.........lol.

ConHog
01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah, thats why the blue states(liberal) almost always have the esteemed educational institutions contained within and the red states(neocon) include mostly.......................well..........the South.........lol.

No argument that the south generally has an education problem, especially when it comes to secondary education; but education =/= intelligence as you well know.

Sir Evil
01-28-2012, 04:40 PM

Exactly the problem plaguing america today, too bad for the next generation when the youth are already spewing this shit....

Thunderknuckles
01-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Damn this a stupid thread and the article posted is by a garden variety intellectual who has no understanding of human history.
Gabby, I challenge you or anyone else to a debate on the following premise:
Racism is defensible and justifiable.

krisy
01-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Same bullsh*t the media has been trying to say for years. This falls in line with red states are poor uneducated farmers and blue states are well educated smart people.

We should all be jealous of the libs. After all.they have people like Jay Z and Alec Baldwin on their side.:slap:

Shadow
01-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Same bullsh*t the media has been trying to say for years. This falls in line with red states are poor uneducated farmers and blue states are well educated smart people.

We should all be jealous of the libs. After all.they have people like Jay Z and Alec Baldwin on their side.:slap:

Don't forget about that intellectual giant Rosanne Barr.

krisy
01-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Don't forget about that intellectual giant Rosanne Barr.

Indeed! :laugh:

jimnyc
01-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Damn this a stupid thread and the article posted is by a garden variety intellectual who has no understanding of human history.

Go here and post your challenge: http://www.debatepolicy.com/forumdisplay.php?45-Debate-Topics-Discussion

I would love to read that debate! Maybe we can find someone to do a one-on-one on the subject...

pegwinn
01-28-2012, 08:38 PM
According to this, (http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1968042,00.html) the jury is still out on whether I am dumber than a liberal. But, on the bright side it's reasonably sure I can still kick his ass.

Nukeman
01-28-2012, 09:23 PM

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.htmlTotal and complete bullshit...

Really OCA. Lets see Indiana which is always red except for the last election. Has ohh lets see.. Rose Hullman (top rated engineering school in the country), Notre Dame (one of the top Jurist doctoral programs in the country), Purdue University (not only a top engineering school but also top Veterinary as well as pharmacy and one of a hand full of nuclear pharmacy), Indian University (one of the top medical schools in the country as well as law schools), Indian State University (great law school ranked very high), Trine University (most affordable private college in the US with top engineering studies to include top 3 in metallurgical studies), Butler University (another top pharmacy school). I could go on and on but what would it matter, you coasties have your collective heads so far up each others asses. Its fine with me for you and your ilk like to consider us "fly over country". We like it that way and are happy to keep it just the way it is. YOU keep your "ohh so enlightened" attitudes to yourself. we know what is really going on and have the education to back it up with a STRONG work ethic, you know that thing that seems to be missing from our brothers and sisters on the coast... F***ing idiots....

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rusty-weiss/2012/01/22/yes-liberalism-mental-disorder

Little-Acorn
01-28-2012, 09:23 PM
One example of conservatism linked to low intelligence?

The fact that several conservatives on this forum are replying to little gabby as though there were any chance of her wanting to learn the truth.

OCA
01-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Total and complete bullshit...

Really OCA. Lets see Indiana which is always red except for the last election. Has ohh lets see.. Rose Hullman (top rated engineering school in the country), Notre Dame (one of the top Jurist doctoral programs in the country), Purdue University (not only a top engineering school but also top Veterinary as well as pharmacy and one of a hand full of nuclear pharmacy), Indian University (one of the top medical schools in the country as well as law schools), Indian State University (great law school ranked very high), Trine University (most affordable private college in the US with top engineering studies to include top 3 in metallurgical studies), Butler University (another top pharmacy school). I could go on and on but what would it matter, you coasties have your collective heads so far up each others asses. Its fine with me for you and your ilk like to consider us "fly over country". We like it that way and are happy to keep it just the way it is. YOU keep your "ohh so enlightened" attitudes to yourself. we know what is really going on and have the education to back it up with a STRONG work ethic, you know that thing that seems to be missing from our brothers and sisters on the coast... F***ing idiots....

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rusty-weiss/2012/01/22/yes-liberalism-mental-disorder

LMFAO! I know you are not using a newsbusters link to prove your point, right?:laugh2:

And I know you are not comparing those schools to Harvard, Yale, MIT, Cal-Berkeley, Georgetown, Columbia, Princeton etc. etc. etc.

Seriously? There is no work etic on either coast? Ever try and make it in a big city? I guarantee with no work ethic you will be living in a spot a john before too long.

Nukeman
01-28-2012, 09:40 PM
LMFAO! I know you are not using a newsbusters link to prove your point, right?:laugh2:

And I know you are not comparing those schools to Harvard, Yale, MIT, Cal-Berkeley, Georgetown, Columbia, Princeton etc. etc. etc.

Seriously? There is no work etic on either coast? Ever try and make it in a big city? I guarantee with no work ethic you will be living in a spot a john before too long.Yaa dumb fuck I pulled all those schools from ONE state, I would compare Rose Hullman to MIT and cal-tech any day, I would also put Notre Dame up there with Princeton, Harvard and Yale, Last I checked those schools put out MOST of our politicians and none of them seem to bright to me, how about you smart guy....

By the way I made NO comparison to other schools thats all you. I just pointed out that a mostly RED state has top notch educational facilities. YOU had to go and pander to the elitist and try to make comparisons where none were made.. F you!!!!!!!!!

AS for the work ethic YOU have no idea what its like, you guys think living in a city is hard your so full of crap its laughable, You think its hard catching the subway and stepping on others to get what you want .... Please... Spare me your "ohh city life is so hard and you wouldn't make it" BS.. Been in large cities and small towns, lived in cities with 2 million people and towns with 2000, and will tell you first hand the folks in the smaller towns would work circles around most of "big city" folks any day of the week, you just hate to admit you're a lazy piece of shit looking for a hand out.....

ConHog
01-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Go here and post your challenge: http://www.debatepolicy.com/forumdisplay.php?45-Debate-Topics-Discussion

I would love to read that debate! Maybe we can find someone to do a one-on-one on the subject...

I would take that on one on one.

ConHog
01-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Total and complete bullshit...

Should have included Vanderbilt, which clearly is one of the top Universities in the world.

Of course you could also have mentioned that most colleges have students from not just around the country but around the world attend them, so it's not like people from the south ONLY attend southern collleges, or that people from other regions of the US and indeed other countries don't attend colleges in the south.

OCA stated yesterday that he is a graduate of Texas A&M. One of the least regarded educational facilities in the entire country, so I don't even know what the fuck he's babbling on about anyway.

krisy
01-28-2012, 09:50 PM

Seriously? There is no work etic on either coast? Ever try and make it in a big city? I guarantee with no work ethic you will be living in a spot a john before too long.

Just because someone does not attend Harvard does not mean they are not as smart as someone who does.

You kind of asked for the work ethic comment. You were insinuating that all voters other than coastal voters are stupid. Most red states are the South....so? There are no educated,intelligent voters in the South? Isn't a lot of the midwest red too? I can promise you OCA,that we folks here in the midwest have real banks,colleges,big successful companies(P and G here in Ohio),hospitals(Cincinnati Childrens-one of the 10 best in the country) and they are all filled with smart people.
:2up:

Nukeman
01-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Should have included Vanderbilt, which clearly is one of the top Universities in the world.

Of course you could also have mentioned that most colleges have students from not just around the country but around the world attend them, so it's not like people from the south ONLY attend southern collleges, or that people from other regions of the US and indeed other countries don't attend colleges in the south.

OCA stated yesterday that he is a graduate of Texas A&M. One of the least regarded educational facilities in the entire country, so I don't even know what the fuck he's babbling on about anyway.Ohh I could have gone on and on about the states around me, but I was concentrating on Indiana only, he obviously knows nothing of Notre Dame, rose Hullman, or Purdue (nuclear pharmacy). He's a typical coastie elitist!! Plain and simple, I like it that way keeps the idiots out of our state.....

ConHog
01-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Ohh I could have gone on and on about the states around me, but I was concentrating on Indiana only, he obviously knows nothing of Notre Dame, rose Hullman, or Purdue (nuclear pharmacy). He's a typical coastie elitist!! Plain and simple, I like it that way keeps the idiots out of our state.....

I feel the same, I tell anyone who asks that Arkansaas sucks big donkey dicks. Don't even come for a visit. That goes double for OCA.

ConHog
01-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Just because someone does not attend Harvard does not mean they are not as smart as someone who does.

You kind of asked for the work ethic comment. You were insinuating that all voters other than coastal voters are stupid. Most red states are the South....so? There are no educated,intelligent voters in the South? Isn't a lot of the midwest red too? I can promise you OCA,that we folks here in the midwest have real banks,colleges,big successful companies(P and G here in Ohio),hospitals(Cincinnati Childrens-one of the 10 best in the country) and they are all filled with smart people.
:2up:

Pretty sure some stupid hillbilly from Arkansas created the world's largest retailer. Hell , he didn't even go to any college.

Nukeman
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
I feel the same, I tell anyone who asks that Arkansaas sucks big donkey dicks. Don't even come for a visit. That goes double for OCA.I think we all know that OCA sucks donkey dicks for money, I hear he's in Tijuana all the time to participate in the shows....

Nukeman
01-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Pretty sure some stupid hillbilly from Arkansas created the world's largest retailer. Hell , he didn't even go to any college.

That was Sam .... somebody.. Walton maybe????

ConHog
01-28-2012, 10:04 PM
That was Sam .... somebody.. Walton maybe????

Hey , you might be right.......... But hey, let the morons continue to believe that the south is full of dumb shits as they destroy their own states.

OCA
01-28-2012, 11:44 PM

He most certainly did, on the back of slave labor no less.

Ohh I could have gone on and on about the states around me, but I was concentrating on Indiana only, he obviously knows nothing of Notre Dame, rose Hullman, or Purdue (nuclear pharmacy). He's a typical coastie elitist!! Plain and simple, I like it that way keeps the idiots out of our state.....

Rose Hullman...........lol.

Sure you guys got universities, hell even Idaho has universities..............lol.

Mark Zuckerberg...............Facebook...............Ha rvard.

Need I say more?

Bill Gates.............Microsoft....................Har vard

Need I say more?

Warren Buffet..........University Of Pennsylvania(Ivy League)

Need I say More?

I think we all know that OCA sucks donkey dicks for money, I hear he's in Tijuana all the time to participate in the shows....

Better than sucking man's dicks, right Nuke?

You don't want to go down this road with me hayseed.

OCA stated yesterday that he is a graduate of Texas A&M. One of the least regarded educational facilities in the entire country, so I don't even know what the fuck he's babbling on about anyway.

Oh i'm sure its not as esteemed as the College Of The Ozarks known for its coon hunting degree or Arkansas where fixing rusted cars and proper pig mounting are the order of the day.

Hell I didn't even have to graduate H.S. in order to be smarter than your Green Acres ass.

gabosaurus
01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Why are we debating whose college degree is better than whose? If you have a degree from an accredited four-year university (and not some online diploma mill), you are better off than the schmuck who doesn't have one. And if you didn't graduate from high school, you should be working at the car wash instead of reading this. :cool:

ConHog
01-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Why are we debating whose college degree is better than whose? If you have a degree from an accredited four-year university (and not some online diploma mill), you are better off than the schmuck who doesn't have one. And if you didn't graduate from high school, you should be working at the car wash instead of reading this. :cool:

Because some dumb shits (OCA) actually act is if there is any appreciable difference between colleges. WHen those of us who actually DID attend college realize that you can exactly as much out of any college as you are willing to put into it.

ConHog
01-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Oh i'm sure its not as esteemed as the College Of The Ozarks known for its coon hunting degree or Arkansas where fixing rusted cars and proper pig mounting are the order of the day.

Hell I didn't even have to graduate H.S. in order to be smarter than your Green Acres ass.

College of the Ozarks, or Hardwork University, actually is highly esteemed by those in the know.

gabosaurus
01-29-2012, 12:35 AM
OCA, how am I supposed to defend you now that I know you are an Aggie?
My best friend, who earned her degree in biochemistry from Texas, would shun me forever.

SassyLady
01-29-2012, 01:50 AM
I could have told them this without doing a study. :laugh:http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.htmltotal BS...conservatives are too busy working to volunteer for studies about IQs.

Gunny
01-29-2012, 07:02 AM

How stupid. Conservatives have to actually think, unlike their counterparts. How brilliant do you suppose you have to be to follow the sheep's ass in front of you and just hit "D" at election time? Not much. Proof? Look at the communist you losers put in office this current go-round.

And when the shit hits the fan, loser lefties will just be dead bodies waiting on big brother to save them. Proof? Katrina. "Dah-her-de-her ... let's stand here and watch a Cat 5 him-acane roll right over our asses. Yuk Yuk. We'll shoot at the relief helicopters too and we can blame it on Bush". :cuckoo:

revelarts
01-29-2012, 07:46 AM

Soo liberals are smarter and better people than conservative... Smart pschologist scientist (liberals? or exception conservatives?) say so. It's "science."

Soo A white person is going to "prove" scientifically that racism makes good sense, because there are Scientific reasons or studies done that show Whites are better than others, smarter maybe, better people than other folks ... Smart scientist say so. It's "science."

But in rebut to the idea that "Conservatives are Dumber" we can reply with something LIKE "it's BullS--- Media Bias going on for years".
But I wonder if we could do the same for any defense of racism, say something like
"It's BullS--- cultural bias, that been going on for centuries."

One example of conservatism linked to low intelligence?

The fact that several conservatives on this forum are replying to little gabby as though there were any chance of her wanting to learn the truth.

When replying to stereotypical biases, getting through to the group that perceives themselves as the superior is kinda tough. Any evidence that supports it is "TRUE", any evidence against it is well "just the exception". Ego thing i guess. And all of the social backup from the rest of the so called superior group keeps the ball rolling too i guess.

My groups better than your group WAAAAH!

The Elites are playing us all. They sit on the plantation porch and watch us fight over who's going to go to their school huas, and work in the Big haus or in the fields.

We all need to WISE UP seems to me.

OCA
01-29-2012, 09:49 AM
OCA, how am I supposed to defend you now that I know you are an Aggie?
My best friend, who earned her degree in biochemistry from Texas, would shun me forever.

Ahhhh thats ok, I know plenty of fine people that went to Austin, tell her/him that we can share a mutual hatred of everything Red Raider.

While you are correct at a base level(a 4 yr degree doesn't guarantee shit in today's economy) take a look at any of the blue/red maps, the closer you get to the major population centers where access to education is greater and the poulation is on a whole more educated the bluer the map gets.

The farther away you get from quality education the redder it gets, just stating a fact is all.

jimnyc
01-29-2012, 09:58 AM
While you are correct at a base level(a 4 yr degree doesn't guarantee shit in today's economy) take a look at any of the blue/red maps, the closer you get to the major population centers where access to education is greater and the poulation is on a whole more educated the bluer the map gets.

The farther away you get from quality education the redder it gets, just stating a fact is all.

Which "red states" do you think offer lesser quality educations?

OCA
01-29-2012, 10:00 AM

Jimmy, take your pick........i'll start with Arkansas.

Looks like I should've started with Misissippi, a solid "red state". Check out the top 5 and tyen check the bottom 5, proves my point.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/11/state-education-rankings-_n_894528.html

jimnyc
01-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Jimmy, take your pick........i'll start with Arkansas.

Well, a fairly desolate area with not a lot of population demanding schools, but ok, let's start there. Specifically, tell me what is wrong with the University of Arkansas?

My son will be going to the deep south, to the gun toting, conservative as can be, hick town of Blacksburg, Virginia.

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 10:12 AM
WHen those of us who actually DID attend college.

What did you major in, message boards?......:laugh2:

Nukeman
01-29-2012, 10:16 AM

You will also note that the more densely populated the area the HIGHER the number of welfare recipients, maybe just maybe the reason they are blue is due to all the morons on assistance and govt handouts, last I checked most of them vote Liberal all the time. Those red states are most often hard working people that don't ask for a handout or need the hand out, So dipshit the Red vs Blue is more an indication of govt reliance......

Sir Evil
01-29-2012, 10:18 AM
My son will be going to the deep south, to the gun toting, conservative as can be, hick town of Blacksburg, Virginia.

VT, does he know that? I think I know who made that choice! :laugh2:

jimnyc
01-29-2012, 10:43 AM
VT, does he know that? I think I know who made that choice! :laugh2:

He's sort of learning it now, when he's pushing 12, but the woman decided this when she was pregnant! LOL Not a lot to debate though, as VT is a damn good school, and not too far away that we won't be able to drive and visit.

Gunny
01-29-2012, 10:43 AM

"red states" is a misnomer. California and Illinois are perfect examples. The losers pile up like cockroaches in a city and get more votes by sheer volume when 90% of the state thinks they suck.

OCA
01-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Well, a fairly desolate area with not a lot of population demanding schools, but ok, let's start there. Specifically, tell me what is wrong with the University of Arkansas?

Well Arkansas used to have a good basketball program under Nolan Richardson but other than that don't know of too many academic all stars that came out of there. Hell I don't even think that Bubba Clinton attended Arkansas and he's from there.

Hell Jimmy better teach the boy to shoot straight because they waste people at VT like its going out of style!

Michael Vick went to VT. Bow wow! Ruff Ruff!:laugh2:

You will also note that the more densely populated the area the HIGHER the number of welfare recipients, maybe just maybe the reason they are blue is due to all the morons on assistance and govt handouts, last I checked most of them vote Liberal all the time. Those red states are most often hard working people that don't ask for a handout or need the hand out, So dipshit the Red vs Blue is more an indication of govt reliance......

Thats because there is more variety of humanity in densely populated areas.

I guarantee that as a percentage of population there are more people in red states receiving assistance such as unemployment thanks to the great economy W left us with.

"red states" is a misnomer. California and Illinois are perfect examples. The losers pile up like cockroaches in a city and get more votes by sheer volume when 90% of the state thinks they suck.

Do you ever proof read your shit?

You are actually claiming that Dems purposely fill cities for votes.......LMFAO!:laugh2:

Maybe you need another cocktail? Dunno.

ConHog
01-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Well Arkansas used to have a good basketball program under Nolan Richardson but other than that don't know of too many academic all stars that came out of there. Hell I don't even think that Bubba Clinton attended Arkansas and he's from there.

Hell Jimmy better teach the boy to shoot straight because they waste people at VT like its going out of style!

Michael Vick went to VT. Bow wow! Ruff Ruff!:laugh2:

Of course Bubba didn't attend the U of A, because no one who has an offer of a free ride to an Ivy League school goes to a state college. That's not a knock on the University of Arkansas.

Speaking of our basketball program, we have brought Mike Anderson home to coach us and we'll be back on top within a few years. Be interesting to see who wins a national championship first our basketball team or our football team.

Oh and VT is a damn fine school as well, Jim's son will get a quality education if that is where he attends.

OCA
01-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Of course Bubba didn't attend the U of A, because no one who has an offer of a free ride to an Ivy League school goes to a state college. That's not a knock on the University of Arkansas.

Speaking of our basketball program, we have brought Mike Anderson home to coach us and we'll be back on top within a few years. Be interesting to see who wins a national championship first our basketball team or our football team.

Oh and VT is a damn fine school as well, Jim's son will get a quality education if that is where he attends.

Neither will win a national championship.....................................I guarantee it. Not with Bama in football and Kentucky in hoops in the SEC, Arkansas will always suck hind tit with the likes of Miss. St., nobody gives a fuck who goes to the Cotton Bowl anymore.

ConHog
01-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Neither will win a national championship.....................................I guarantee it. Not with Bama in football and Kentucky in hoops in the SEC, Arkansas will always suck hind tit with the likes of Miss. St., nobody gives a fuck who goes to the Cotton Bowl anymore.

Wasn't Kentucky part of the SEC when we won our title in 1994? Oh I think they were also in the SEC when we went back to the championship game in 1995.

As for the Cotton Bowl, easily the best matchup outside of the title game of all the bowl games this year, and it WILL be a BCS bowl within the next three years. That being said, yes it will be tough to win the SEC with Alabama and LSU in the same division, let along a national title, but in case you didn't know, over the last two seasons Arkansas is 20-5 with their 5 losses ALL coming to teams who were ranked #1 in the nation at some time during the year in which they beat us. None of those games were at home. Next year we have Alabama AND LSU at home. Doesn't mean we will win anything, but it gives us a MUCH better chance.

pegwinn
01-29-2012, 07:03 PM

It's been a long time since I heard the word "schmuck". I am sorta glad to know the definition of the term so I can know for sure that I am one. Although I have to take exception to the oh-so-haughty (yeah I looked it up to be sure) tone you take with someone actually working at a car wash vice sitting on the porch waiting on the welfare check.

Ahhhh thats ok, I know plenty of fine people that went to Austin, tell her/him that we can share a mutual hatred of everything Red Raider.

Up until a week ago I worked at Texas Tech. My wife still does. My kid is an alumni as well. So I can't go for the hatred of "everything" Red Raider. But I am there for the hating of the athletics and the fans. Just call.

tailfins
01-30-2012, 02:21 PM

Your post itself lacks intellect. Where's the study on spurious relationships? Would you like to try a study comparing the number of incarcerated to per capita income? Should we therefore draw the conclusion that we will have a very wealthy nation if we lock up most of the population? Hint: Review material on "time series".

ConHog
01-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Are yall even reading the link from the OP? The article is about racists being less intelligent, says nothing about conservatives.

Gabby sure baited everyone with this thread. LOL

tailfins
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Are yall even reading the link from the OP? The article is about racists being less intelligent, says nothing about conservatives.

"Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found."

The above quote is in the linked article. Of course A implies B does not mean B implies A.

Little-Acorn
01-30-2012, 05:34 PM

Only 50 posts and you already noticed that nothing in little gabby's link, connected to anything in her title? And the title (and thus the entire thread) was a lie from the get-go?

Are you beginning to realize why so many people simply ignore little gabby's constant stream of I-hate-conservatives threads?

gabosaurus
01-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Are you beginning to realize why so many people simply ignore little gabby's constant stream of I-hate-conservatives threads?

I have always noted your love of liberals and the extensive amount of posts you have dedicated to to political fair play. :rolleyes:

My daughter will go to whatever college she feels will best serve the profession she has chosen to follow. My husband and I will offer only advice.
Otherwise, I have often seen noted here that most colleges are "liberal" and how so many academic people are "liberals." So it only figures that most academic and learned people are liberals. Which is why there are no left-wing talk shows or TV networks. Smart people don't need talking heads to help formulate their opinions.
So where are the people with low IQs? In bars watching wrestling and debating college football rankings, at home listening to the talking heads and out at NASCAR races and tractor pulls and monster truck rallies. :cool:

Little-Acorn
01-30-2012, 06:05 PM
I have always noted your love of liberals and the extensive amount of posts you have dedicated to to political fair play. :rolleyes:
How would you know? When I (or others) refute your nonsense, you usually vanish from the thread immediately and remain absent for at least a month, trying to pretend you hadn't seen it.

So it only figures that most academic and learned people are liberals.
Right. Just ask them!

Thanks for so capably (if unknowingly) illustrating my point.

tailfins
01-31-2012, 11:30 AM
How would you know? When I (or others) refute your nonsense, you usually vanish from the thread immediately and remain absent for at least a month, trying to pretend you hadn't seen it.

So it only figures that most academic and learned people are liberals.

Right. Just ask them!

Even if one accepts the premise that most "academic and learned" are liberals, it's because those people have been sheltered from the real world and haven't studied economics. It should be obvious when a government overspends that it's a drain on the economy.

Little-Acorn
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM

Points, plural. As you are doing now (again).