PDA

View Full Version : My mom's chocolate lab

ConHog
01-28-2012, 10:45 PM
a good and faithful dog , 7 years old was put to sleep today. Just had health issues come up all of a sudden that were more than she could over come. She had lost about 40 lbs in the last week then yesterday morning when they got up to go to work she was laying on the porch not moving. They took her to the vet and they did a bunch of tests determined that she had quite a few things wrong with her, and they kept her overnight and she was even worse off today, mom just called me in tears, and now my wife and daughter are crying to.

The funeral is tomorrow so I guess it's going to be my wife, my daughter, my mom, my aunt, my sister, my niece, and my sister in law all crying over this dog.

I don't know if dogs go to heaven, but if they can this one deserves to be there, she was a great dog.

Shadow
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
a good and faithful dog , 7 years old was put to sleep today. Just had health issues come up all of a sudden that were more than she could over come. She had lost about 40 lbs in the last week then yesterday morning when they got up to go to work she was laying on the porch not moving. They took her to the vet and they did a bunch of tests determined that she had quite a few things wrong with her, and they kept her overnight and she was even worse off today, mom just called me in tears, and now my wife and daughter are crying to.

The funeral is tomorrow so I guess it's going to be my wife, my daughter, my mom, my aunt, my sister, my niece, and my sister in law all crying over this dog.

I don't know if dogs go to heaven, but if they can this one deserves to be there, she was a great dog.

Sorry to hear that...losing pets is very hard because they are the one's we humans can count on to love us unconditionally. Labs are great dogs too...very smart and loving. We had a Lab/Bassett cross that we lost to Parvo. We still cry about losing that dog sometimes.

krisy
01-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry CH. It is so painful to loose a pet,especially at that age. We had to put our 16 year old cat down last year. This was the first time my husband and I had to do this. We stood in the vet and cried for a long time.

Your and your family are in my thoughts. Hang in there,and if you need to cry tomorrow,don't worry. No one's lookin.

SassyLady
01-29-2012, 01:46 AM
sorry to hear about your family's loss.

ConHog
01-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Stupid dogs. and yes I will cry when either one of my Danes die.

jimnyc
01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear that, Con. I've dealt with losing pets too many times and yet I keep rescuing them or buying the little bastards!! I'm dreading the day when I lose my Pug. He's my best friend. :(

ConHog
01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear that, Con. I've dealt with losing pets too many times and yet I keep rescuing them or buying the little bastards!! I'm dreading the day when I lose my Pug. He's my best friend. :(

Had the funeral yesterday ( buried the dog out on the farm.) My mom is quite heart broken and swears she'll never get another dog. Not the first dog she's lost of course, but she gets really attached.

My male Dane is 8, quite old for a Dane, but so far in good health. Female is only 5, so she probably has a bit left in her.