PDA

View Full Version : "Sigh"

Shadow
01-30-2012, 04:42 AM
If I only knew THEN what I know NOW,I could have saved myself damn near a years worth of grief. Yep...should have just taken that "gift"...back when I had the chance and called it a day. Live and Learn.

shattered
01-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Sounds very ...dramatic.

Especially for a political forum, in the Steel Cage.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 09:12 AM
If I only knew THEN what I know NOW,I could have saved myself damn near a years worth of grief. Yep...should have just taken that "gift"...back when I had the chance and called it a day. Live and Learn.

Huh?

Shadow
01-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Sounds very ...dramatic.

Especially for a political forum, in the Steel Cage.

It's called being up at 2:30am because you can't sleep...and needing an outlet. You use the tools you have sometimes.

shattered
01-30-2012, 09:52 AM
It's called being up at 2:30am because you can't sleep...and needing an outlet. You use the tools you have sometimes.

Umm. Or a plea for SOMEONE to pay attention to you.

Were it simply an outlet, youd have ranted out the details. Not put up ...whatever this is.

Call a friend.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Huh?

Someone gave me a "gift"...and if I had of accepted (and used it)...I would have seen that ALL my efforts from that day forward were in vein. I wish I had known that back then.

You know...do you ever wish you could unlearn something you have learned? Or change something you did in the past? I do...in a big way right now.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Umm. Or a plea for SOMEONE to pay attention to you.

Were it simply an outlet, youd have ranted out the details. Not put up ...whatever this is.

Call a friend.

It was 2:30 am...that would have been rude.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Someone gave me a "gift"...and if I had of accepted (and used it)...I would have seen that ALL my efforts from that day forward were in vein. I wish I had known that back then.

You know...do you ever wish you could unlearn something you have learned? Or changed something you did in the past? I do...in a big way right now.

Yes I do, I think everyone does.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes I do, I think everyone does.

It just sucks when you feel you have wasted a lot of time and energy on something you could never achieve. When you could have been working on something else (and probably should have been). That's all.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:10 AM
It just sucks when you feel you have wasted a lot of time and energy on something you could never achieve. When you could have been working on something else (and probably should have been). That's all.

Hindsight is wonderful, isn't it?

I think we all have things we wished we had done differently.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:11 AM
It was 2:30 am...that would have been rude.

You know what makes me laugh? People who accuse others of looking for attention with their posts. The only people not looking for attention on message boards are the people who are in fact NOT posting on message boards. Some people are so dumb.

shattered
01-30-2012, 10:16 AM
You know what makes me laugh? People who accuse others of looking for attention with their posts. The only people not looking for attention on message boards are the people who are in fact NOT posting on message boards. Some people are so dumb.

Well, at least you finally put on your big girl panties and admitted you arent getting any at home.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 10:25 AM

Right...because you know if I had of been that blue barfy slut elsewhere who thrives on "drama"... instead of well...me. I would have gotten lots of words dripping with endearment instead.

It's all about who you know I guess. Eh...whatever.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Right...because you know if had of been that blue barfy slut elsewhere who thrives on "drama"... instead of well...me. I would have gotten lots of words dripping with endearment instead.

It's all about who you know I guess. Eh...whatever.

Maybe you should act like a fat tatooed skank from up north and pretend like you are above message boards all the while posting on a message board....:lol:

Abbey Marie
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM

No need to explain, Shadow.

I have an acquaintance who is almost 40, who was just telling me how she is so sorry she let her ex-husband take up years of her life, because now she feels she doesn't have time to meet someone new and have children. She wishes she could have those years back now. I think most of us live with some regret, and the later in the night it is, the more those thoughts can run away with us.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe you should act like a fat tatooed skank from up north and pretend like you are above message boards all the while posting on a message board....:lol:

I think someone wrote a poem about that sort of thing..I read it (or actually heard it)... it was good.

I forgot though...better not use the message boards (even though they are offered to the public) without the permission and specific direction of the posting police.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I think someone wrote a poem about that sort of thing..I read it... it was good.

I forgot though...better not use the message boards (even though they are offered to the public) without the permission and specific direction of the posting police.

Odd that some can act any way they like on a message board while calling out others for something as innocent as making a 2 AM post. Just boggles the mind.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 10:46 AM
No need to explain, Shadow.

I have an acquaintance who is almost 40, who was just telling me how she is so sorry she let her ex-husband take up years of her life, because now she feels she doesn't have time to meet someone new and have children. She wishes she could have those years back now. I think most of us love with some regret, and the later in the night it is, the more those thoughts can run away with us.

It's my own damn fault...and I feel so stupid now too. I was working really hard at getting things in my life back on track...and was in a really good place. Then I let myself get derailed. I'm really mad at myself right now.

But thanks for your kind words.

krisy
01-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Hope you feel better shadow, and it doesn't bother me that you posted here. :thumb:

krisy
01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
It's my own damn fault...and I feel so stupid now too. I was working really hard at getting things in my life back on track...and was in a really good place. Then I let myself get derailed. I'm really mad at myself right now.

All you can do is move forward. Being mad at yourself will do nothing but hold you back.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:49 AM

Derailments happen SHadow. All that matters is that you keep trying.

shattered
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Odd that some can act any way they like on a message board while calling out others for something as innocent as making a 2 AM post. Just boggles the mind.

Odd that this IS a message board, and yall are entitled to big fat crocodile tears, but I cant call them 'silly'.

Hypocritical twat.

Abbey Marie
01-30-2012, 10:55 AM
I once dated (for a few years) a guy who was such a jerk, his own mother told me to "run as fast as I can". Everyone could see him dragging me down, but me. If I could change one thing in my life, I would never have met him.

But I was able to wrench one good thing from it all: having experienced all the garbage that was "him", prepared me to fully appreciate the wonderful qualities my husband had to offer when I met him.

krisy
01-30-2012, 10:55 AM
ugh. If I don't like someone's post,or if it's no interest to me,I ignore it. I don't see the point in beating someone that's down.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Odd that this IS a message board, and yall are entitled to big fat crocodile tears, but I cant call them 'silly'.

Hypocritical twat.

The difference , you stupid bitch, is that I have never nor will I ever suggest that you shouldn't be posting. Quite the opposite in fact I encourage you to post more so as to give more evidence for the board to see what a nasty bitch you really are.

Twat? Really? How mature and lady like.

Yes I took you off ignore, no sense in me ignoring you as requested while you continue to talk shit about me.

You're a sad pathetic human being. IF this thread disturbed you so much all you had to do was back out, but oh no not Dis, she has to make some nasty, insulting remark.

Have a pleasant day bitch.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 10:56 AM

Hypocritical twat.

Nobody said you couldn't act like a bitch. Feel free.:laugh:

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I once dated (for a few years) a guy who was such a jerk, his own mother told me to "run as fast as I can". Everyone could see him dragging me down, but me. If I could change one thing in my life, I would never have met him.

But I was able to wrench one good thing from it all: having experienced all the garbage that was "him", prepared me to fully appreciate the wonderful qualities my husband had to offer when I met him.

Silly woman if a guy's own mother is telling you to run you need to haul ass. :laugh2:

ConHog
01-30-2012, 10:59 AM
ugh. If I don't like someone's post,or if it's no interest to me,I ignore it. I don't see the point in beating someone that's down.

SOme people have no sense of self worth or self esteem so instead they troll message boards looking for people to insult, pick on , or otherwise harass to try to boost their own self esteem. They then make the claim that they don't care about message boards . LOL it's quite amusing in a sad, pathetic sort of way.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 11:01 AM

That's what I kind of take away from these things too...or at least try to. And in this case...it did get me to address a few things I was trying very hard to ignore...so, in that way it was a good learning experience.

Abbey Marie
01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Silly woman if a guy's own mother is telling you to run you need to haul ass. :laugh2:

No doubt about it, I was blinded by something.

chloe
01-30-2012, 11:04 AM

geez, what gift makes you lose of years worth of time?

Shadow
01-30-2012, 11:04 AM

True...but love is blind sometimes. My first real love..was kind of controlling. His dad once told me that he thought he was too hard on me. You don't see those things yourself sometimes.

Shadow
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
geez, what gift makes you lose of years worth of time?

One you stupidly turn down because you don't realize at the time that someone is trying to help you out without actually getting involved.

ConHog
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM
True...but love is blind sometimes. My first real love..was kind of controlling. His dad once told me that he thought he was too hard on me. You don't see those things yourself sometimes.

Seriously, how big a loser are you if you're own parents are talking shit about you to whomever you're with? Now true, my parents kiss my wife's ass and tell her she's the best thing that ever happened to me, but they don't say bad things about me LOL. To be fair , her parents kiss my ass to .... oh wait I just realized that's just because of the grand kid. Hey we gonnna have to talk to those parents .

chloe
01-30-2012, 11:15 AM
One you stupidly turn down because you don't realize at the time that someone is trying to help you out without actually getting involved.

No point in feeling bad about that, you have no way of knowing if it really would be a gift in the end or not.

We make a choice and if it doesn't pan out we learn something out of it.

I would just reflect on the great insights you gained and then be glad you are still able to move on as some people make choices that never allow them a choice again. ( women who chose not to leave and got killed in domestic violence as just on example )