PDA

View Full Version : African Americans for Obama

Trigg
02-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Wow, I almost don't know what to say about this. Watch the video where he talks about a "shrinking number of people do really well". Sounds like he's talking about white without really saying it. He must be getting desperite to send something like this out there.

Today, we're announcing the 2012 launch of African Americans for Obama.

There's no better time than African American History Month to consider the tremendous progress we've made through the sacrifice of so many—or a better time to commit to meeting the very real challenges we face right now.

Visit africanamericans.barackobama.com for more information about all the ways you can get involved—from attending HBCU organizing workshops to becoming a Congregation Captain—and say you're ready to keep making history. Thanks, and see you out there.

http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2012/02/02/obama-announces-2012-launch-african-americans-obama

ConHog
02-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Kinda odd that Obama embraces his African roots when it suits him.

Trigg
02-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Especially since, according to his book, his father abandoned them and he was raised by this white grandparents. What exactly did his african roots do for him??

I went to his websight and WOW. Take a look at the groups section, every race and ethnicity is represented EXCEPT white people.

Racist???????

Thunderknuckles
02-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Today, I'm announcing the 2012 launch of White Americans for anyone but Obama.

Damn that sounds racist :laugh:

Noir
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM

A politican pandering to his aduciance for political gain. Kinda odd? Not at all.

Trigg
02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
He's got to be worried about his chances to do something as stupid as this.

He has to get the black votors and college kids excited again otherwise he's sunk. These two groups, although they historically vote democrate, have low voter turnout. If they are apathetic this year, and really why wouldn't they be since the unemployment rate for blacks and college age people is extremely high, he's chances of winning will decrease drastically.

to prove the point there is the voter turnout for 2008

by age http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1031/young-voters-in-the-2008-election

by race http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1209/racial-ethnic-voters-presidential-election

black voters increased almost 5%

ConHog
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Today, I'm announcing the 2012 launch of White Americans for anyone but Obama.

Damn that sounds racist :laugh:

LOL I had the same fucking thought. Wonder how that would go over.

Trigg
02-03-2012, 04:33 PM
my daughter posted the video on her facebook and she had a reply saying she should take a government class before she comments on politics. The poster also said blacks are a minority and that kind of thing is ok.

My daughter said, " I don't care what color they are or if they're a minority, if they're being racisit it's wrong".

Yep, I love her

krisy
02-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Just crap!!!! Didn't black leaders of the past fight for equal rights ? Yet,there is a portion of the black community that continuously seperates themselves from white people

I have also wondered like Trigg,what Obamas African roots did for him when he was raised by white people. I also wonder why under an Obama administration it is o.k. for Black Panther jackasses to stand outside polling places with billy clubs and intimidate voters? Can you imagine if the KKK did that? Then there is Eric Holder saying he won't prosecute black on white crime.

Racism isn't allright no matter what side it comes from.