PDA

View Full Version : And the finger pointing begins... too late to matter :(

Abbey Marie
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Joe, I am sure you are beyond caring about such things now. Thank God.

An attorney for former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky blamed the attorney general's "embellished" rhetoric for setting off the furious public outcry that led to the downfall of longtime coach Joe Paterno.
Karl Rominger said in an interview with abc27 News of Harrisburg, Pa., on Wednesday night that Paterno was the victim of an unwarranted media storm fueled by the attorney general's office and blamed prosecutors for making November's grand jury presentment against Sandusky so graphic it helped hound Paterno out of his job.
"We believe that the report was embellished, embellished for effect," Rominger told the TV station. "In other words designed to hurt Mister Sandusky publicly to whip up public foment against him and that Joe Paterno became collateral damage of that."

The retired assistant is out on bail and awaiting trial on charges he committed a range of abuse against 10 boys over a 15-year period, including alleged sexual assaults on Penn State property. Paterno testified before a grand jury investigating Sandusky, and authorities have said he was not a target of the probe.

"I firmly believe that the attorney general's office owes an apology to the public for throwing Joe Paterno under the bus by trying to trump up the charges against Jerry Sandusky," Rominger said.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7531608/penn-state-nittany-lions-jerry-sandusky-lawyer-blames-ag-joe-paterno-downfall

ConHog
02-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Joe, I am sure you are beyond caring about such things now. Thank God.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7531608/penn-state-nittany-lions-jerry-sandusky-lawyer-blames-ag-joe-paterno-downfall

Oh please, the DA was playing a game of dirtying a potential juror pool, it happens all the time, and Sandusky himself was doing the same thing. In fact that is what this attorney is trying to do here. Apology my ass.

As for Joe, he SHOULD have went to the police with the information. Don't give me any crap about " he went to his bosses" who gives a shit? Man suspects another man of abusing children he goes to the POLICE, not the athletic director. It's that simple and shame on anyone who denies that fact.

Doesn't take away from Joe's legacy in my mind, people make mistakes in judgement, but he DID fuck up.

Also, it's beyond obvious that he could have barred Sandusky from the football facilities as PSU, as Jim wrote in another thread "the man was a god aat PSU"

Now, THAT being said, God rest his soul and I am moving on

jimnyc
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Hilarious, that "Sugar" Hog would attempt to claim to know it all about what happens at PSU as well! :laugh2:

ConHog
02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Hilarious, that "Sugar" Hog would attempt to claim to know it all about what happens at PSU as well! :laugh2:

Hilarious that you are once again flaming me without provocation.

Everything I said was fact, including the part about me moving on.

jimnyc
02-03-2012, 03:21 PM

What I said is fact too, you appear to think you know more about how matters are handled at PSU than them themselves, SugarHog.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Con, I find it hard to understand how you can continue to berate this man no matter what comes out about this case. When the day comes that people get to judge you for what you did or didn't do, without being in your shoes, you'd better hope that people are more understanding of you, than you are of Paterno.

jimnyc
02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Con, I find it hard to understand how you can continue to berate this man no matter what comes out about this case. When the day comes that people get to judge you for what you did or didn't do, without being in your shoes, you'd better hope that people are more understanding of you, than you are of Paterno.

Didn't you know that Coach Joe could have single handedly shut down the facilities to whomever he wants and whenever he wants, even though the facilities encompass miles and miles through happy valley? He could have called one of his employees, like a state trooper and then had Sandusky found guilty that evening by a judge who Joe employed as well. How do I know all of this? Well, because I'm a fan of SEC football, and I know how things work! :coffee:

OCA
02-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Oh yeah? You have facts to back up your "dirtying the jury pool" statement? You just like to post in every thread, meaningful or not in order to boost your count....................post whore.

ConHog
02-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Abbey, I don't continue to berate Joe. I in fact said I'm moving on. I certainly didn't wish any ill on him, and in my eyes he's still a great coach. I just think he screwed the pooch on this one thing. No big deal.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Abbey, I don't continue to berate Joe. I in fact said I'm moving on. I certainly didn't wish any ill on him, and in my eyes he's still a great coach. I just think he screwed the pooch on this one thing. No big deal.

It is a very big deal what was taken from this, by all accounts, giving and decent man. An entire unblemished, exceptional career. His good name. His job. And eventually, most likely, his strength to fight the cancer that took his life.

It is pathetic that gutless people are just now starting to stand by Joe. But it bugs me that you cannot even let them, without once again making several statements about all the things you think Joe did so wrong.

OCA
02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
It is a very big deal what was taken from this, by all accounts, giving and decent man. An entire unblemished, exceptional career. His good name. His job. And eventually, most likely, his strength to fight the cancer that took his life.

It is pathetic that gutless people are just now starting to stand by Joe. But it bugs me that you cannot even let them, without once again making several statements about all the things you think Joe did so wrong.

Abbey you do admit that the very least he had some poor lapses in judgement, no?

I am of the personal belief that when all is said and done on this deal you will see that the school and probably Joepa covered it up because football and the money it brought in was more important than those little boys.

logroller
02-03-2012, 11:19 PM
I thought all along he was fired because the school board had wanted to get rid of paterno for while but couldn't because of his esteemed status; ceasing the opportunity this provided. Any lesser man wouldn't have been treated as harshly as paterno; nor would a lesser man have been at Penn State as long as Paterno-- so its a wash IMHO. Helluva run though-- JoePa rocks.