PDA

View Full Version : Noir in the USA

jimnyc
02-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, not now, but in the future? Noir, when are you coming to the dark side? You have any plans to come to the US for any reason?

Noir
02-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Short term there are a few friends i want to visit, making Indiana, Chicago and New Jersey pretty high on my places to visit list. However i also want to take a trip to Australia, and atm i think Aus would trump the states since i've already been there...

However, looking a few years into the future i'd say its Almost certain i will move totally to the states. Were it not for the fact that i have a younger brother i would likely of moved to the states a while still in my teens, but i'd like to wait until he's at least in his teens before i leave (he's 7 now).

jimnyc
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Not sure why, but I thought you were coming here sooner. Let me know if you do come though, I was born and raised in NJ and still go there often.

I think the only other member I have a chance to meet, based on distance, is OCA. My brother in law wants to kill him, so I may find a way to get him to drive North a few hours and help that happen! :laugh:

OCA
02-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Not sure why, but I thought you were coming here sooner. Let me know if you do come though, I was born and raised in NJ and still go there often.

I think the only other member I have a chance to meet, based on distance, is OCA. My brother in law wants to kill him, so I may find a way to get him to drive North a few hours and help that happen! :laugh:

Funny thing is though he's so stupid i'd have to help him kill me!

DragonStryk72
02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Short term there are a few friends i want to visit, making Indiana, Chicago and New Jersey pretty high on my places to visit list. However i also want to take a trip to Australia, and atm i think Aus would trump the states since i've already been there...

However, looking a few years into the future i'd say its Almost certain i will move totally to the states. Were it not for the fact that i have a younger brother i would likely of moved to the states a while still in my teens, but i'd like to wait until he's at least in his teens before i leave (he's 7 now).

But you've been to Aus, so the US would be new then. You should always endeavor to go to the new place, plus it's closer and cheaper to get to.

jimnyc
02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
But you've been to Aus, so the US would be new then. You should always endeavor to go to the new place, plus it's closer and cheaper to get to.

That's how I read it at first too, but if you read it again you can see it could mean he's been here already. But he should still choose the US, at least the NJ/NY area, he won't get eaten by crocs here, or poisoned by weird frogs and spiders.

Noir
02-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Will do ^__^ like for serious if i lived in the states i'd of meet a dozen of you guys already...i did have a plan to buy a months pass on the greyhounds (i think it was $400 or something) and travel through at least a few states in the east. The only real problem is flights, which London to the states and back tend to be £600+ and i also have to fly to london and back which is another hundred. >,> But once i am there i have to maximise, last time i spent way too long in the same area.

Whoops, pretty badly worded by me ^,^; i meant i've already been to the states, spend 3 weeks in San Francisco in the Summer of 2010

That's how I read it at first too, but if you read it again you can see it could mean he's been here already. But he should still choose the US, at least the NJ/NY area, he won't get eaten by crocs here, or poisoned by weird frogs and spiders.

I've been most assured that in the places i wana go i'm much more likey to be done over by a man who thinks i'm looking at his daughter the wrong way than by any crocs or creepy crawlies lol

DragonStryk72
02-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I've been most assured that in the places i wana go i'm much more likey to be done over by a man who thinks i'm looking at his daughter the wrong way than by any crocs or creepy crawlies lol

So... why not just go to Texas? The same threat applies.

Noir
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
So... why not just go to Texas? The same threat applies.

I don't believe i know anyone from Texas, except Gunny, and I dare say he'd be less than thrilled to open the door to find me with arms outstretched xD

SassyLady
02-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Yes, Noir was here in SF area and we were supposed to have lunch and do some wine tasting...however, when I told him my granddaughter wouldn't be here he lost interest in visiting. He's not interested unless you have sweet things to also occupy his time!J/K!!

DragonStryk72
02-07-2012, 05:51 AM
I don't believe i know anyone from Texas, except Gunny, and I dare say he'd be less than thrilled to open the door to find me with arms outstretched xD

lol, and clearly he would be less than thrilled if you looked at his daughter the wrong way, so just like Australia, but closer

darin
02-07-2012, 06:03 AM
We'd host ya for a bit, Noir. :)

Nukeman
02-07-2012, 07:23 AM
WE would as well. Have a couple of spare rooms....

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2012, 07:56 AM
he can go anywhere, anywhen he wants.....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-37xswiCkixw/TZlPpQKdF-I/AAAAAAAAAKs/jSTOZBG1o_U/s1600/doctor_who_david_tennant.jpg

Noir
02-07-2012, 09:32 AM
lol, and clearly he would be less than thrilled if you looked at his daughter the wrong way, so just like Australia, but closer

WE would as well. Have a couple of spare rooms....

As far as i'm aware nuke and trigg are the users with sweet things to also occupy his time, so naturally they get first preference =P

Noir
02-07-2012, 09:35 AM
he can go anywhere, anywhen he wants.....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-37xswiCkixw/TZlPpQKdF-I/AAAAAAAAAKs/jSTOZBG1o_U/s1600/doctor_who_david_tennant.jpg

True story - Once, about two years ago, a friend and I where down the city at night and a guy asked us if we were on our way to a party, when we said no he then said we must be dressed for something, when again we said no he was like 'well you look right like dr who, and she must be trying to be Amelie, if that's how you both look all the time that's just weird' xD

Jess
02-07-2012, 10:55 AM

But Gunny isn't in Texas anymore. He's just a few hours south of Chicago. :cool:

ConHog
02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
But Gunny isn't in Texas anymore. He's just a few hours south of Chicago. :cool:

Are you near Bloomington?

The idea of Gunny wandering around Chicago ranting about liberals makes me laugh for some reason. :laugh2:

Jess
02-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Are you near Bloomington?

The idea of Gunny wandering around Chicago ranting about liberals makes me laugh for some reason. :laugh2:

Yup. Not too far away.

Oh geez! I have no intention whatsoever of taking Gunny to Chicago. I actually don't care for it much because I've spent most of my life out in the country. I'd like to go to the museums and aquarium, etc but you can keep the rest.

The ex and I went there when his job was there. Had the company holiday party at Soldier Field (in the VIP sections) the night before game day. That was different but too much fuss for me.

ConHog
02-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Yup. Not too far away.

Oh geez! I have no intention whatsoever of taking Gunny to Chicago. I actually don't care for it much because I've spent most of my life out in the country. I'd like to go to the museums and aquarium, etc but you can keep the rest.

The ex and I went there when his job was there. Had the company holiday party at Soldier Field (in the VIP sections) the night before game day. That was different but too much fuss for me.

I have a pretty good friend who works at the State Farm office in Bloomington. That is one HUGE complex, been there a couple times visiting him. I hate Chicago, as I hate all big cities, but must admit going to a Cubs game every now and again is cool.

Jess
02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I have a pretty good friend who works at the State Farm office in Bloomington. That is one HUGE complex, been there a couple times visiting him. I hate Chicago, as I hate all big cities, but must admit going to a Cubs game every now and again is cool.

Holler if you're there in Bloomington again - Gunny would love to meet you. :happy0203:

PostmodernProphet
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
True story - Once, about two years ago, a friend and I where down the city at night and a guy asked us if we were on our way to a party, when we said no he then said we must be dressed for something, when again we said no he was like 'well you look right like dr who, and she must be trying to be Amelie, if that's how you both look all the time that's just weird' xD

you should have just winked, told him there was a good reason for that and then stepped into a phone booth......

darin
02-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Holler if you're there in Bloomington again - Gunny would love to meet you. :happy0203:

I passed through Bloomington area en-route to Springfield. Sep of 2009. Destination was Fort Leavenworth. :)

Abbey Marie
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Yup. Not too far away.

You can take the girl out of the country... :cool:

Jess, I was born and raised in the South Bronx, but I am sure you and I would still have a hoot together!

Noir
02-09-2012, 12:18 PM
you should have just winked, told him there was a good reason for that and then stepped into a phone booth......

It would of only lead to an anti-climax when i failed to fade out of this time and space into a relative dimension, and i tire greatly of being a source of anti-climactic moments in other peoples lives...

Trigg
02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Yup. Not too far away.

Chicago is a great city to visit. LOVE the museums and shopping. Hate, hate, hate the traffic through.

We're actually going to be driving through there in June on our way to Wisconsin. Haven't been since I chaperoned my daughters class trip 2 years ago.

Jess
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
You can take the girl out of the country... :cool:

Jess, I was born and raised in the South Bronx, but I am sure you and I would still have a hoot together!

Most definitely!

PostmodernProphet
02-09-2012, 05:52 PM
i tire greatly of being a source of anti-climactic moments in other peoples lives...

I'm sorry....did Amelie find it disappointing?....

Gunny
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Let me know when you're in Chicago. :gunner4:

Noir
02-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry....did Amelie find it disappointing?....

If she did, she his it well, bless ^,^

gabosaurus
02-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Noir, forget those other yahoos and come to beautiful Southern California. New York is a human cesspool and Chicago is useless unless the Cubs are playing. California has fun in the sun and enough liberals to make the collective heads of this board explode. :cool:

ConHog
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Didn't I make it clear to you that I will NEVER let you and the Mexican get together? :laugh2:

Noir
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Noir, forget those other yahoos and come to beautiful Southern California. New York is a human cesspool and Chicago is useless unless the Cubs are playing. California has fun in the sun and enough liberals to make the collective heads of this board explode. :cool:

I has already been to Cali, and anyways, too hot and sunny and hot and sunny and hot for my liking lol

Noir
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Let me know when you're in Chicago. :gunner4:

I do believe I've already said (and stand by) that I'd love to take you out to lunch/dinner, aslong as long as you promise to not hurt me (:

Jess
02-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Didn't I make it clear to you that I will NEVER let you and the Mexican get together? :laugh2:

But whyever not? We're sweet and innocent and ummm ... stuff. :halo9:

Gunny
02-11-2012, 09:03 AM

California sucks. The best place in CA is in the desert where the low-life leftwingers don't rule. But I beg to differ ... the COAST of CA has a bunch of stupid lefties. Y'all aren't liberals. You don't know the meaning of the word. Get inland or north of San Fagsisco, and you got LOTS of normal people. Too bad you cockroaches huddled in your little yellow houses with red tile roofs like a colony of ants control the electoral vote for those who want to be free.

Gunny
02-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I do believe I've already said (and stand by) that I'd love to take you out to lunch/dinner, aslong as long as you promise to not hurt me (:

No offense, but what would people think? Me being seen in public with YOU? And that "do" of yours? Jess's SISTER would be questioning my manhood. And before you say it, I wouldn't. Or I'll bring her along to "lunch". *I* won't have to hurt you.:laugh:

Jess
02-11-2012, 09:09 AM
No offense, but what would people think? Me being seen in public with YOU? And that "do" of yours? Jess's SISTER would be questioning my manhood. And before you say it, I wouldn't. Or I'll bring her along to "lunch". *I* won't have to hurt you.:laugh:

She'd only hurt him if he picked on me. She figures you can handle your own stuff, being the big, burly Jarhead you are.

Now, if he starts spouting the "eating meat is murder" line, she'll probably wipe the floor with him. Or give him to Mary. ;)

Gunny
02-11-2012, 09:12 AM
She'd only hurt him if he picked on me. She figures you can handle your own stuff, being the big, burly Jarhead you are.

Now, if he starts spouting the "eating meat is murder" line, she'll probably wipe the floor with him. Or give him to Mary. ;)

Not THAT would be funny. Noir vs 600+ lb pig. Ha!

Jess
02-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Not THAT would be funny. Noir vs 600+ lb pig. Ha!

Noir - when faced with a 600+ (read 700, possibly more) lb pet pig, make sure you have plenty of yummy treats in your pockets and you might live. Mary really likes dog treats and will follow you all over. Keep in mind that despite her bulk, she moves faster than one would think she could. :cool:

chloe
02-11-2012, 12:05 PM

When are you coming?

Noir
02-11-2012, 01:42 PM

pffffff, as if you could snag a fresh lil fillet like me sir, don't flatter yourself =p

Noir
02-11-2012, 01:45 PM
When are you coming?

No dates as of yet, however just by coincidence was talking to a friend who's looking to move back to NJ in the coming months, which makes at least three people outside of this site in NJ i'd like to see, making that top of the list, though it peon wouldn't be until late 2012/early 2013, Australia depending.

chloe
02-11-2012, 01:48 PM
No dates as of yet, however just by coincidence was talking to a friend who's looking to move back to NJ in the coming months, which makes at least three people outside of this site in NJ i'd like to see, making that top of the list, though it peon wouldn't be until late 2012/early 2013, Australia depending.

Oh I think Sir Evil lives in New Jersey, you could go to atlantic city and do some gambling together.:cool: