PDA

View Full Version : The Grey: Weird. Dark. Beautiful

darin
02-07-2012, 07:31 AM
My wife and I watched The Grey, starring Liam Neeson.

Bottom line: Thought-provoking; at times equal parts beautiful and terrible. The movie is deep - not an action-flick, but more a story about Love, God, relationships. The end is unexpected; neither 'happy' nor 'sad'.

Summary: A group of guys crash in the alaskan winter. One man (Liam's character) leads the group to salvation. I know I've seen parallels in literature, but can't quite come up with anything this movie portrays.

Over all, its in my top 20 favourite movies, for a couple reason. I wont go into those reasons because it'd spoil a few things for those who haven't seen it :)

CSM
02-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I thought about going to see that last night but the wife unit backed out.

Jess
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
That one looks really good.

Of course, the animal rights dingbats had to chime in on how wolves were not really mean, nasty killers. Geez. Do they really think people believe everything in movies is reality? Seriously - a Green Lantern is not going to come out of space, put a ring on Ryan Reynolds' finger and turn him into the first human Green Lantern. ;)

Movies are entertainment. Pigs don't really talk either. Only in Charlotte's Web.

CSM
02-07-2012, 11:18 AM
That one looks really good.

Of course, the animal rights dingbats had to chime in on how wolves were not really mean, nasty killers. Geez. Do they really think people believe everything in movies is reality? Seriously - a Green Lantern is not going to come out of space, put a ring on Ryan Reynolds' finger and turn him into the first human Green Lantern. ;)

Movies are entertainment. Pigs don't really talk either. Only in Charlotte's Web.

Well, we alll know that wolves really lay around and eat tofu all day. They wash it down with soy milk.

Jess
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Well, we alll know that wolves really lay around and eat tofu all day. They wash it down with soy milk.

No wonder they were almost extinct. :cool:

SassyLady
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
saw movie...not one I would recommend. Can see why dmp likes it....lots of snow.