PDA

View Full Version : A soapy question

Abbey Marie
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I am often called a germophobe by my family. Of course, I think I am just being careful and smart, lol. So, the question du jour is: Do you share your shower bar soap with anyone else in your home, or do you think that is kinda gross? If you no longer use bar soap, but switched to a shower gel, is it at least partly because you don't like the idea of sharing a bar of soap?

My reasoning for not sharing was described perfectly on Friends: When Joey found out that Chandler was using his soap, and Chandler didn't get why it was an issue, he told Chandler to think about the last place Joey used the soap, and the first place Chandler used it.

(As an aside, no, jokes about dropping the soap never get old).

Noir
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Call me a chemicalphobe, but i never use soap/shower gel and such, hot water does me grand. Though i think other people in the house use shower gel, why would anyone want to share soap D:

fj1200
02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
I am often called a germophobe by my family. Of course, I think I am just being careful and smart, lol. So, the question du jour is: Do you share your shower bar soap with anyone else in your home, or do you think that is kinda gross? If you no longer use bar soap, but switched to a shower gel, is it at least partly because you don't like the idea of sharing a bar of soap?

I just started using my wife's soap for simplicity but Jay Mohr does a great magic soap bit.

http://comedians.jokes.com/jay-mohr/videos/jay-mohr---soap

krisy
02-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Call me a chemicalphobe, but i never use soap/shower gel and such, hot water does me grand. Though i think other people in the house use shower gel, why would anyone want to share soap D:

Do you use shampoo? How do get rid of B.O. without using soap?

I have a friend at work that thinks my family and I are excessive because we shower everyday. I can't stand going one day without a shower or bath.

Noir
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Do you use shampoo? How do get rid of B.O. without using soap?

I have a friend at work that thinks my family and I are excessive because we shower everyday. I can't stand going one day without a shower or bath.

Nope. And BO is caused by bacteria breaking down sweat into acids, giving off an odour as a result. Nothing that regular washing doesn't stop, and anyways living were i do its never really warm enough to make you sweat.

SassyLady
02-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Nope. And BO is caused by bacteria breaking down sweat into acids, giving off an odour as a result. Nothing that regular washing doesn't stop, and anyways living were i do its never really warm enough to make you sweat.

I guess you are not having sex enough if you think weather is the only way to break a sweat.

SassyLady
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM

I quit using bar soap because I didn't like the slime left behind on shower shelf. Now I use a sponge and liquid soap.....and my sponge definitely is not to be used by anyone else.

Noir
02-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I guess you are not having sex enough if you think weather is the only way to break a sweat.

Only every few weeks, sucky long distance D: and in any case i always shower after sex ^,^

ConHog
02-08-2012, 07:29 PM

My reasoning for not sharing was described perfectly on Friends: When Joey found out that Chandler was using his soap, and Chandler didn't get why it was an issue, he told Chandler to think about the last place Joey used the soap, and the first place Chandler used it.

(As an aside, no, jokes about dropping the soap never get old).

My wife uses some special shower gel that costs as much per bottle as a good wine, I don't care enough to use something that fancy so why waste it, I use equate brand :laugh2:

Otherwise no it wouldn't bother me to share with my wife or kids, well I should say kid, the teenagers are too yucky to share with lol.