PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Mayor under investigation

jimnyc
02-11-2012, 11:21 AM
And before you accuse me of racist remarks, know who this man is and his former comments. What a surprise that he is under investigation! I hope it's true and he visits former friends in the slammer.

NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, the colorful and controversial spokesman for the city after the devastating Hurricane Katrina in 2005, is under investigation by federal authorities, a source with direct knowledge of the probe said.

The source told Reuters on Friday that several people linked to Nagin or the New Orleans city administration during his two terms as mayor ending in 2010 were cooperating with the U.S. Justice Department and the FBI.

The investigation includes whether Nagin received favors or items of value from vendors to the city in return for contracts they received while Nagin was in office, the source said.

Nagin, who was in Minnesota for a speaking engagement on Friday, spoke to a WWL-TV reporter at the New Orleans airport on his return. Asked about allegations he benefited personally while in office, he said:

"They're three years old, and they keep coming up. I only want an opportunity to finally deal with them. Hopefully we can have an honest, open approach where truth and justice can prevail, but I'm starting to worry about that now," Nagin said.

A Justice Department spokeswoman in Washington had no comment. The U.S. attorney in New Orleans, Jim Letten, did not return a call requesting comment. A spokeswoman for FBI Special Agent in Charge David Welker declined to comment on whether an investigation is underway.

http://news.yahoo.com/former-orleans-mayor-ray-nagin-under-investigation-source-074941066.html

Gaffer
02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Nagin is confident the justice dept won't go after him, chocolate has it's privileges.

krisy
02-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Nagin is confident the justice dept won't go after him, chocolate has it's privileges.

I'm shocked they are even bothering him. This is the justice department that said they wouldn't prosecute black on white crime and allowed black panthers to stand outside polling places with billy clubs.

Gaffer
02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm shocked they are even bothering him. This is the justice department that said they wouldn't prosecute black on white crime and allowed black panthers to stand outside polling places with billy clubs.

That's why they'll never go after him. It will get dropped soon.

ConHog
02-11-2012, 06:08 PM

That's okay , the statute of limitations won't have expired when we throw the bum out of the white house and get rid of his crony at Justice.

logroller
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM

That--OR-- he didn't do it-- presumption of innocence and all. However, something he said intrigues me.

From the OP-- Nagin said, "They're three years old, and they keep coming up. I only want an opportunity to finally deal with them. Hopefully we can have an honest, open approach where truth and justice can prevail, but I'm starting to worry about that now,"

'starting to worry about that now', Perhaps I lack the reason of a criminal mind, but surmise no reasonable person engages in criminal activity in anticipation of the truth coming out and receiving justice-- rather, you'd worry about truth and justice as that judgement approaches! :lol: