PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo

Said1
05-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Long week end. Monday is (Queen) Victoria Day.

Gotta love post-colonialism. :cheers2:

Yurt
05-18-2007, 06:45 PM
*misses canada*

Said1
05-18-2007, 06:46 PM
*misses canada*

I tell Mum. I'm sure she'll include you in her address to the nation. Just a quick reminder about reserve powers and such. Actually, I'm not sure if she talks to us via tv, there will be fireworks, however.

Yurt
05-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I tell Mum. I'm sure she'll include you in her address to the nation. Just a quick reminder about reserve powers and such. Actually, I'm not sure if she talks to us via tv, there will be fireworks, however.

Please send canadian chocolate and canadian chips down my way... dill pickle and ketchup would get me much favors with the mrs...

Mr. P
05-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Please send canadian chocolate and canadian chips down my way... dill pickle and ketchup would get me much favors with the mrs...

Damn Yurt you ain't been to the grocery have you?
There's this looonng isle with ketchup and another with pickles! :poke:

Yurt
05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Damn Yurt you ain't been to the grocery have you?
There's this looonng isle with ketchup and another with pickles! :poke:

:laugh2:

5stringJeff
05-18-2007, 09:30 PM
How does Queen Victoria still have her own Day? Do all British monarchs get days?

diuretic
05-19-2007, 12:14 AM
I think Queen Victoria did a lot for Canada and her birthday (I think it is) is celebrated in her honour. I don't think any other British Monarch is honoured like that in Canada. Here in Australia we celebrate the anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II (it's called the Queen's Birthday Holiday but her real birthday is in April, we celebrate the official birthday in June). I don't know if Canada celebrates the current Queen's Birthday.

Said1
05-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I think Queen Victoria did a lot for Canada and her birthday (I think it is) is celebrated in her honour. I don't think any other British Monarch is honoured like that in Canada. Here in Australia we celebrate the anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II (it's called the Queen's Birthday Holiday but her real birthday is in April, we celebrate the official birthday in June). I don't know if Canada celebrates the current Queen's Birthday.

Nope, just Victoria.