PDA

View Full Version : Some clarification?

ConHog
02-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Signatures - Standard font should be used at all times although an alternate color is acceptable. Images are acceptable up to 200x200. Images shouldn't contain nudity or anything offensive. Please refrain from using signatures to attack/flame other members of the board. Signatures show up on every post of every thread you participate in and we would like to keep them clean and non-confrontational.

Where is the line? For instance. If my signature reads "Jim is a fat lazy slob who needs his ass kicked" as my signature, obviously that signature is meant to provoke Jim .

If however I write " people who own message boards from NYC are fat lazy slobs who need their asses kicked." Is that still considered a flame towards Jim since everyone the board knows exactly who it was aimed at even though I left his name out of it?

Note to Jim: I in no way think you're fat, lazy, or a slob, nor do I wish to kick your ass. Just using you as an example to illustrate my question.

Inquiring minds want to know.

jimnyc
02-11-2012, 05:51 PM
No, inquiring minds don't want to know, YOU want to know, and that's what PM is for.

As to your examples, they would both be out of line. But lets face it, just SAY it, you're whining because Sir Evil made fun of Arkansas in his signature. If you're going to go public with this shit, at least be a man and say what you mean. Are you really going to whine over a joke about Arkansas? Obviously you are, so I'll ask him to change it or remove it.

ConHog
02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
No, inquiring minds don't want to know, YOU want to know, and that's what PM is for.

As to your examples, they would both be out of line. But lets face it, just SAY it, you're whining because Sir Evil made fun of Arkansas in his signature. If you're going to go public with this shit, at least be a man and say what you mean. Are you really going to whine over a joke about Arkansas? Obviously you are, so I'll ask him to change it or remove it.

Actually , that isn't it at all. Hence the reason I didn't PM you SHIT about his signature. Just wanted to know where the line was so I could push it myself.

But , what the fuck ever.

jimnyc
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Actually , that isn't it at all. Hence the reason I didn't PM you SHIT about his signature. Just wanted to know where the line was so I could push it myself.

But , what the fuck ever.

At least some truth to the matter, that you don't really want problems solved, you WANT to push the limits just like others.

ConHog
02-11-2012, 06:05 PM
At least some truth to the matter, that you don't really want problems solved, you WANT to push the limits just like others.

When did I ever say otherwise Jim? All I have EVER said to you is that I expect fairness. If I'm treated a certain way, I expect that standard to be the same for everyone. I've admitted over and over and over on the board that I enjoy flaming, I've stated to you that I don't ignore the people who flame me because I enjoy flaming.

BUT , even at that there are lines and yes I will say something when those lines are crossed. I didn't thing SE's signature crossed the line IMO, so I didn't say jack about it but instead asked where the line WOULD be so I could stay on the right side of it.

That is ALL this thread was about.

Sir Evil
02-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Signature removed.... and painfully obvious but ever so simple a point was made. :laugh2:

ConHog
02-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Signature removed.... and painfully obvious but ever so simple a point was made. :laugh2:

Obviously the signature didn't matter to me at all, I don't even know when you first started using it, and when I DID notice it, what did I say? Oh that's right I said " You have the wrong state, Alabama is where you can marry your sister" and that's it. So you made no point.

Sir Evil
02-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Obviously the signature didn't matter to me at all, I don't even know when you first started using it, and when I DID notice it, what did I say? Oh that's right I said " You have the wrong state, Alabama is where you can marry your sister" and that's it. So you made no point.

I merely put something out there and YES very simply a point was made, the problem is you don't know what the point was and found the need to turn into something else, something of course about yourself...

Noir
02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Breaking news: If an American divorces another American, they are still both american!

Sad but true :salute:

Sir Evil
02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Breaking news: If an American divorces another American, they are still both american!

:laugh2:

shattered
02-11-2012, 11:37 PM
When did I ever say otherwise Jim? All I have EVER said to you is that I expect fairness. If I'm treated a certain way, I expect that standard to be the same for everyone. I've admitted over and over and over on the board that I enjoy flaming, I've stated to you that I don't ignore the people who flame me because I enjoy flaming.

BUT , even at that there are lines and yes I will say something when those lines are crossed. I didn't thing SE's signature crossed the line IMO, so I didn't say jack about it but instead asked where the line WOULD be so I could stay on the right side of it.

That is ALL this thread was about.

God damn. Shut the fuck up already, you whiny fucking no life having, attention starved baby.

Christ you're pathetic.

ConHog
02-12-2012, 01:04 AM
God damn. Shut the fuck up already, you whiny fucking no life having, attention starved baby.

Christ you're pathetic.

Jess
02-12-2012, 10:11 AM

You just have to stir the pot, don't you, Noir?

Fine. Great. I'm blaming you for all the drama and crap on this board. It doesn't matter if you actually DID anything. :cool:

Noir
02-12-2012, 10:20 AM
You just have to stir the pot, don't you, Noir?

Fine. Great. I'm blaming you for all the drama and crap on this board. It doesn't matter if you actually DID anything. :cool:

What m'lady, me? It's only cus i have the prettiest smile and the bluest eyes, right? ^,^

Jess
02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
What m'lady, me? It's only cus i have the prettiest smile and the bluest eyes, right? ^,^

Of course. :batteyes: