PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston, dead at 48

jimnyc
02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Breaking news on many major sites, her publicist stated she died this afternoon. What a shame. I'm sure it's somehow related to drugs. Such a great singer and performer in her prime.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wupsPg5H6aE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SassyLady
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
wow...sad to see such talent gone so soon.

ConHog
02-11-2012, 08:17 PM
wow, shocking. She was a great talent to.

Abbey Marie
02-11-2012, 08:17 PM
What a shame. What a waste.

pegwinn
02-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Damn that is a crying shame. Lots of the guys in my Platoon overseas were flat out in love with her. She had it all, looks, brains, and talent.

chloe
02-11-2012, 09:32 PM
How sad she was pretty young still, I liked alot of her songs. Was she still married to Bobby Brown?

krisy
02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Unbelievable. I saw it on the news a while ago and was shocked.

logroller
02-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Damn that is a crying shame. Lots of the guys in my Platoon overseas were flat out in love with her. She had it all, looks, brains, and talent...and a habit of abusing substances.
...that last one's a doozy.

logroller
02-12-2012, 03:02 AM
How sad she was pretty young still, I liked alot of her songs. Was she still married to Bobby Brown?
I'm pretty sure they were splitville-- crack and marriage don't mix too well. her voice was amazing, of course, but I always enjoyed her zest, she was quite a character-- loved her in The Bodyguard. She always seemed sincere, true to who she was, and I respect that.

KarlMarx
02-12-2012, 10:01 AM
It is sad and it is a waste but, unfortunately, not the first

Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Curt Cobain
Amy Winehouse
Jim Morrison

and many others.

You'd think that by now the entertainment industry would do something to help its members avoid and get out of the grip of drugs. If it were happening in another industry something would have set up to help its members get and stay straight a long time ago.

02-13-2012, 03:40 AM
But they make more money after the entertainer is dead. It is sad. And it is a waste. But she could have chosen otherwise.

revelarts
02-16-2012, 01:01 PM
It is sad and it is a waste but, unfortunately, not the first

Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Curt Cobain
Amy Winehouse
Jim Morrison

and many others.

You'd think that by now the entertainment industry would do something to help its members avoid and get out of the grip of drugs. If it were happening in another industry something would have set up to help its members get and stay straight a long time ago.

Looks like persciption drugs did her inthough, they are as deadly as the illegal ones to celebs and the general public it seems.

Marilyn Monroe
Date: August 5, 1962
Drugs: Pentobarbital (AKA Nembutal) and chloral hydrate (sleeping pills)

Dorothy Dandridge
Date: September 8, 1965
Drug: Imipramine, AKA Tofranil (antidepressant)

Jimi Hendrix
Date: September 18, 1970
Drug: Secobarbital, AKA Seconal (sleeping pill)

Bruce Lee
Date: July 20, 1973
Drug: Equagesic (painkiller)

Freddie Prinze
Date: January 29, 1977
Drug: Methaqualone, AKA Quaaludes (sedative)

Elvis Presley
Date: August 16, 1977
Drugs: As many as 14 different drugs, including codeine (painkiller) and methaqualone, AKA Quaaludes (sedative)

Keith Moon
Date: September 7, 1978
Drug: Clomethiazole, AKA Heminevrin (sedative)

Steve Clark
Date: January 8, 1991
Drugs: Unspecified antidepressant and painkiller

Dana Plato
Date: May 8, 1999
Drugs: Carisoprodol, AKA Soma (muscle relaxant), and Vicodin (painkiller)

Chris Penn
Date: January 24, 2006
Drugs: Promethazine (antihistamine) and codeine (painkiller)

Anna Nicole Smith
Date: February 8, 2007
Drugs: Eleven drugs, including chloral hydrate (sleep aid) and several sedatives/muscle relaxants: clonazepam (AKA Klonopin), lorazepam (AKA Ativan), oxazepam (AKA Serax) and diazepam (AKA Valium)

Gerald Levert
Date: November 10, 2006
Drugs: Six drugs: painkillers Vicodin, Percocet and Dextropropoxyphene (AKA Darvocet), sedative/anxiety medication alprazolam (AKA Xanax) and two non-prescription antihistamines

Pimp C
Date: December 4, 2007
Drugs: Promethazine (antihistamine) and codeine (painkiller)

Heath Ledger
Date: February 6, 2008
Drugs: Six drugs: painkillers oxycodone and hydrocodone, sleep aid temazepam and sedatives diazepam (AKA Valium), alprazolam (AKA Xanax) and doxylamine

http://www.pharmacytechs.net/blog/18-celebrities-who-died-from-prescription-drugs

Rush Limbaugh's blessed that he's not dead from all the opiates he was taking.
Prescription drugs aint no joke.

logroller
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Anybody know how many people have overdosed on marijuana?

revelarts
02-16-2012, 03:48 PM
i think its zero.