PDA

View Full Version : "Glitter bomber"

logroller
02-12-2012, 05:38 AM
So apparently there's this newfangled protest involving throwing glitter to protest those opposed to gay marriage.
DENVER (AP) — The college student accused of "glitter bombing" Mitt Romney after the Colorado caucuses has been fired from his unpaid internship with state Senate Democrats.

Police say 20-year-old Peter Smith threw glitter at Romney as the Republican presidential hopeful greeted supporters in Denver on Tuesday. Smith faces charges of causing a disturbance, throwing a missile and unlawful acts....
Some activists have used "glitter bombing" to protest politicians' opposition to same-sex marriage. Smith has said glittering Romney was worth it, but he worries he could be expelled from school.http://www.chron.com/news/article/Student-tries-to-throw-glitter-at-Romney-in-Denver-3163093.php

When I think about it, throwing glitter is pretty gay, but has anybody heard about this "glitter bombing" before?

chloe
02-12-2012, 11:21 AM
So apparently there's this newfangled protest involving throwing glitter to protest those opposed to gay marriage.

When I think about it, throwing glitter is pretty gay, but has anybody heard about this "glitter bombing" before?

:laugh2:

krisy
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
A really stupid thing to do to advance your cause. Walk up to a guy with secret service protection and throw glitter at him.

Jess
02-12-2012, 07:08 PM

Funny tidbit: one of the gay men I know and consider a friend told me that they will joke about somebody "being so gay that they fart glitter."

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread. :laugh:

logroller
02-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Funny tidbit: one of the gay men I know and consider a friend told me that they will joke about somebody "being so gay that they fart glitter."

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread. :laugh:

EEk. I hope that's not how this guy shot it on Romney:laugh2:

edit: a thought just came to me after I posted, while sweeping the porch-- what if t wasn't actually glitter he farted. Sometimes I wish my brain had a safe search feature.

krisy
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
EEk. I hope that's not how this guy shot it on Romney:laugh2:

edit: a thought just came to me after I posted, while sweeping the porch-- what if t wasn't actually glitter he farted. Sometimes I wish my brain had a safe search feature.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You had me laughing out loud with this log.