PDA

View Full Version : V-Day - proflowers.com

darin
02-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Went to buy flowers for Mary on Proflowers.com. $40 for roses. No problem. Add in their 'shipping' and 'handling' fees? $31. SEVENTY-ONE Dollars for $40 flowers? Hell no. My wife would rather have $70 cash. :)

ConHog
02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Went to buy flowers for Mary on Proflowers.com. $40 for roses. No problem. Add in their 'shipping' and 'handling' fees? $31. SEVENTY-ONE Dollars for $40 flowers? Hell no. My wife would rather have $70 cash. :)

My wife has issued me a standing order. "NO FLOWERS" Isn't that crazy, $70 for flowers.

Give the Mexican some chocolate and she's happy.

Abbey Marie
02-13-2012, 05:10 PM

Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby?

jimnyc
02-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby?

Being that Darin's post reminded me what a jackass I am, I may need this tip. I have a Trader Joe's I could toss a rock at by my house. What deal they have going there? My wife really doesn't even like me, but I can't imagine ignoring Valentines Day is a way back into her heart! But she always ignores me for VD, is that fair? Decisions, decisions.

But Darin, I don't blame you, that's purely reeling people in with prices and then maximizing their profits off of the rest. Buy locally and hand deliver them! Or do what I did for my Mom when we were kids, steal flowers from the guys house up the block. :)

ConHog
02-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Being that Darin's post reminded me what a jackass I am, I may need this tip. I have a Trader Joe's I could toss a rock at by my house. What deal they have going there? My wife really doesn't even like me, but I can't imagine ignoring Valentines Day is a way back into her heart! But she always ignores me for VD, is that fair? Decisions, decisions.

But Darin, I don't blame you, that's purely reeling people in with prices and then maximizing their profits off of the rest. Buy locally and hand deliver them! Or do what I did for my Mom when we were kids, steal flowers from the guys house up the block. :)

I doubt she hates you. But too ignore Valentines wow.

I got my wife a spa treatment. All day long next Saturday she will be pampered with massages and pedicure and manicure and all that girly stuff.

darin
02-14-2012, 06:11 AM
So - I didn't buy anything for my wife. Probably won't. She honestly doesn't get pleasure from that stuff. My daughter, though - will bring flowers home for her. Most years, I hand-carry a bunch to her school - this year, I can't make it work. :(

Shadow
02-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Another place that has really nice bouquets of flowers (a good variety usually too) and is not outrageously expensive is Whole Foods.

Nukeman
02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
I have the best wife ever when it comes to vlentines day.. She doesn't like it says its a made up holiday for the card companies to make money.. I usually get her a little something but she really doesn't like this day.......

Shadow
02-14-2012, 08:29 AM
I have the best wife ever when it comes to vlentines day.. She doesn't like it says its a made up holiday for the card companies to make money.. I usually get her a little something but she really doesn't like this day.......
"
Valentine's day is a crappy holiday that the "have's" get to rub in the faces of the "have not's" all day long (even if they can't stand their partners). It's totally designed to make people feel like shit for being single. What's not to like??
:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Joe always has nice flowers for very good prices. I can't guarantee they will have rose bouquets, but I think they will.

Abbey Marie
02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
"
Valentine's day is a crappy holiday that the "have's" get to rub in the faces of the "have not's" all day long (even if they can't stand their partners). It's totally designed to make people feel like shit for being single. What's not to like??
:laugh2:

Different point, but I heard someone call it "Doghouse Avoidance Day". :laugh2:

To which my husband replied, "That's every day!"

Shadow
02-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Different point, but I heard someone call it "Doghouse Avoidance Day". :laugh2:

To which my husband replied, "That's every day!"

I don't think many men like Valentine's day (I could be wrong). Maybe the pressure gets to them or something. I think it was DMP last year that said he prefered Steak and BJ day. LOL

logroller
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't think many men like Valentine's day (I could be wrong). Maybe the pressure gets to them or something. I think it was DMP last year that said he prefered Steak and BJ day. LOL
That's my birthday.

jimnyc
02-15-2012, 03:04 PM

That's my birthday.

And there's an official website for it too! I told my wife about this special day a few years back. She's been less demanding about Valentines day ever since.

You know the drill. Every 14th of February you get the chance to display your fondness for a significant other by showering her with gifts, flowers, dinner, shows and any other baubles that women find romantic. Every Valentines day you rack your brains for that one special, unique gift that will show your wife or girlfriend that you really do care for them more than any other. Now ladies, I'll let you in on a little secret; guys really don't enjoy this that much. Sure seeing that smile on your face when we get it right is priceless, but that smile is the result of weeks of blood, sweat and consideration. Another secret; guys feel left out. That's right, there's no special holiday for the ladies to show their appreciation for the men in their life. Men as a whole are either too proud or too embarrassed to admit it.

Which is why a new holiday has been created.

March 14th is now officially "Steak and Blowjob Day". Simple, effective and self explanatory, this holiday has been created so you ladies finally have a day to show your man how much you care for him.

No cards, no flowers, no special nights on the town; the name of the holiday explains it all, just a steak and a BJ. Thats it. Finally, this twin pair of Valentine's Day and Steak and Blowjob Day will usher in a new age of love as men everywhere try THAT much harder in February to ensure a memorable March 14th!

The word is already beginning to spread, but as with any new idea, it needs a little push to start the ball rolling. So spread the word, and help bring love and peace to this crazy world. And, of course, steak and BJ's.

http://steakandbjday.com/

logroller
02-15-2012, 04:06 PM
^ Steak and BJ, sure...it could be fennel and fellatio for all I care. But my Bday's in August, not March. Birthday's and BJ's go together like, well, pretty much any day goes well with BJ's. I'll stick with the birthday observance so long as my wifey allows. Of course I'm always open for expanding the practice, DUH!

Abbey Marie
02-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Imagine the greeting cards. Pop-up ones especially.

logroller
02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Imagine the greeting cards. Pop-up ones especially.
or the 'record your own message' versions.:lol: