PDA

View Full Version : A list of Obama's "accomplishments"

DragonStryk72
02-15-2012, 01:08 AM
I saw this on facebook, and I have to talk about it, but here, since I can't really afford the lynch mob that would occur on facebook:

1. No, the first one to really do something about Health Care Reform, and Welfare Reform as well, was Clinton. that was within the first two years he had in office, with a republican controlled Congress, unlike Obama, who waited until after he lost his veto proof majority Dem hold on Congress.

2. And yet we are still building up troops there. I know people who are being sent, this isn't just "I heard about", and again, stalled for more than two years on it, when he could have gotten us out far earlier. Also still has Gitmo open, like he said he'd close.

3. Because the Dems make it an issue. It's that simple, they play to groups, just like Dems accuse the republicans. It's like saying you're "for" breast cancer research, like there's anyone going, "No, women need to just suffer and die horribly while we do nothing from the sidelines".

4. How? How do you determine equal pay for equal work? Many companies vary pay based on things like experience in the field, seniority, degree of education and such that are not going to create a perfect match for measurement, so how has this bill managed to cut past all of that?

5. Okay, that's every Dem on the docket, and even some Republicans. that's not new. you remember the Bush-era Hydrogen Fuel Cells? they'll be hitting the streets this June-July.

6. Why didn't he repeal it? He had two years with a rubber stamp approval of whatever the Democratic party wanted to push through. Instead, we still have the NCLB, we still have Gitmo- complete with due process-free detention of prisoners. How was there not a *conga line* of bills repealing the Bush Era bills that came before. It was literally that simple, and it never happened.

7. The problem, however, is not the tax code, it's *the system* that is broken, so thinking millionaires and billionaires should pay more accomplishes nothing. Thought is not action, hence his first two years in office.

8. The last Dem before him, Clinton, did more in two years than Obama did in four, with a congress that was against him out of the gate and multiple scandals, along with soldiers returning from Iraq with Gulf War Syndrome. He passed the "don't ask, don't tell", and at the time, that was a huge leap forward for the military. He improved the economy, and managed to leave office not only with us out of the largest debt we'd ever had at the time, but with a *surplus* with which we could have completely fixed social security. You wanna talk about inheriting a steaming pile of shit? 9/11, try and tell me there's something that tops it since. Yeah, Bush dropped the ball, hard, but Obama does not have it the worst of anyone.

Sorry for the rant, but he is not a great president, he isn't really a good one, and he has continued the divide started by Bush. That's NOT progress, and it's most certainly not what we need at this point, from either side of the aisle. We need an actual moderate, someone who bridges the gap, not incites people to widen it.

I'm holding out for someone that doesn't take half their term to actually start doing something.

What really gets me is how quickly some Dems have forgotten that Clinton ever existed, like it was just a straight run from Reagan to Bush Sr., to W.. They talk about the repeal of the DADT as though it was the republicans who put it forward in the first place, but that's not even close to the case.