PDA

View Full Version : If Today Was Your Last Day

Jess
02-17-2012, 10:19 PM
What would you do? What would you NOT do?

Would you spend more time with your family or loved ones? Would you get less involved in something better left alone? Would you live this last day differently from yesterday and all the ones before?

Bucket List vs. Phuckit List - what's on yours? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXIQQ8PeRs&ob=av2e

ConHog
02-17-2012, 10:24 PM

Would you spend more time with your family or loved ones? Would you get less involved in something better left alone? Would you live this last day differently from yesterday and all the ones before?

I'd skydive again even though I promised my mom I wouldn't (She'd understand if we both knew it was my last day)

I'd knock my wife up again

I'd eat a big fat triple bacon , avocado cheeseburger and an order of the greasiest onion rings I could find.

I wouldn't exercise

I wouldn't bathe

I would pray

pegwinn
02-17-2012, 10:28 PM
I'd take the batteries out of the clock at about 11pm or so......

Jess
02-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Out of curiosity - why would you get your wife pregnant and leave her to care for and raise another child without you?

ConHog
02-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Out of curiosity - why would you get your wife pregnant and leave her to care for and raise another child without you?

She wants another, and financially she would have no worries with or without me.

She's actually said in the past that she wanted me to get her pregnant again just in case something happened to me, back when I was serving in the guard.

Jess
02-17-2012, 10:36 PM
She wants another, and financially she would have no worries with or without me.

She's actually said in the past that she wanted me to get her pregnant again just in case something happened to me, back when I was serving in the guard.

Might as well go for broke and have 5 or 6. LOL!

ConHog
02-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Might as well go for broke and have 5 or 6. LOL!

We'd already have 5 if it were up to her. I already got my boy and my beautiful girl that looks like her mommy I'm good, but we are actually not really working on getting pregnant but not preventing it either.

logroller
02-17-2012, 11:19 PM
We'd already have 5 if it were up to her. I already got my boy and my beautiful girl that looks like her mommy I'm good, but we are actually not really working on getting pregnant but not preventing it either.

Well duh, she's mexican right? If one anchor baby is good, five would be 5X as good. :2up: :2up: :thumb:

ConHog
02-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Well duh, she's mexican right? If one anchor baby is good, five would be 5X as good. :2up: :2up: :thumb:

what? My wife is an American and I refer you to the new family rule.

logroller
02-18-2012, 02:08 AM
what? My wife is an American and I refer you to the new family rule.
Oh indeed. I knew that. As American as you or I, iirc; and push comes to shove, probably a better a one. BUT, What good's a rule if you can't give it run...don't taze me bro.:coffee:

SassyLady
02-18-2012, 03:55 AM
I would write letters to everyone I care about and tell them how important they are to me and the impact they had on my life. I would then go lay in my hammock with my puppy and just breathe, rock gently while stroking his silky fur and listen to all the sounds of nature while I still had time to experience the sensation of being alive.

Gunny
02-18-2012, 05:16 AM

I'd take my princess out to dinner. Then I'd take her to this little lake right before you get to Canton and just sit on the bench with her. She's kind of cool.

logroller
02-18-2012, 11:58 AM
You know, I try to live each day to the fullest-- kiss my wife and kids everyday, not just tell them, but show them I love them. I try to do the same with everybody, maybe not every day, but every time I get the chance. I like SL's idea about letters, i write letters to each of my kids on (or around) their birthdays and save them. Each year i reread them and write another.
Even if I could know which day would be my last, I don't think I'd want to-- because my last day+1, I wouldn't want to be remembered for who I tried to be when facing death, but rather, who I was when faced with life-- hopefully that's virtuous in spite of my vices. Seeing as how I'm still breathing, guess I've yet to become who I can.

ConHog
02-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh indeed. I knew that. As American as you or I, iirc; and push comes to shove, probably a better a one. BUT, What good's a rule if you can't give it run...don't taze me bro.:coffee:

Sorry, I was involved in another flame last night in another thread, and forgot who you were when you posted that else I probably would have realized you were joking . In my defense I didn't report you or say anything to anyone.

Oh, and my wife is in fact a better almost everything than I am.:coffee:

ConHog
02-18-2012, 12:10 PM
You know, I try to live each day to the fullest-- kiss my wife and kids everyday, not just tell them, but show them I love them. I try to do the same with everybody, maybe not every day, but every time I get the chance. I like SL's idea about letters, i write letters to each of my kids on (or around) their birthdays and save them. Each year i reread them and write another.
Even if I could know which day would be my last, I don't think I'd want to-- because my last day+1, I wouldn't want to be remembered for who I tried to be when facing death, but rather, who I was when faced with life-- hopefully that's virtuous in spite of my vices. Seeing as how I'm still breathing, guess I've yet to become who I can.

I've had a few occasions where I thought I may have seen my last day. It changes things. I wouldn't want to know either.

Just curious, you just write these letters, you don't give them to your kids?

logroller
02-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I've had a few occasions where I thought I may have seen my last day. It changes things. I wouldn't want to know either.

Just curious, you just write these letters, you don't give them to your kids?

No, I let my wife read them; mostly because I need someone to know where they are in case shit... and she's just too nosy, er I mean, too curious, not to.

of course I give them a card with a personal message-- but the things I include in the letters aren't things which they could really grasp at their ages. I've thought about giving them to them when they have kids, but that's a long ways off and I needn't decide yet. The changes in myself though the letters are already apparent to me and I think that when taken in volume they deliver a better understanding of the difficulties and triumphs life provides.