PDA

View Full Version : Bait Car

ConHog
02-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Is there REALLY so much car theft out there that this shit works? It amazes me. People are like "dude, I bet this is a bait car" then they jump in the fucking car and drive off anyway... What the fuck???

Until recently here in northwest Arkansas a person didn't even need to worry about taking the keys out of their car when they were in town at Wal Mart or whatever, now it's a little different, but we don't have that many auto thefts. Some of yall who live in cities, do you really have to worry about it on a daily basis?

SassyLady
02-20-2012, 03:24 AM
yes...when I'm in town.

When I bought my 1985 Monte Carlo SS AAA insurance wouldn't insure it because it was a muscle car and was at the top of the most stolen car list. Had a pickup stolen and it wasn't recovered until two months later, but we had already replaced it.

I have an extra alarm system on my 300C...

Gunny
02-20-2012, 03:38 AM
Is there REALLY so much car theft out there that this shit works? It amazes me. People are like "dude, I bet this is a bait car" then they jump in the fucking car and drive off anyway... What the fuck???

Until recently here in northwest Arkansas a person didn't even need to worry about taking the keys out of their car when they were in town at Wal Mart or whatever, now it's a little different, but we don't have that many auto thefts. Some of yall who live in cities, do you really have to worry about it on a daily basis?

Yeah. They're about brilliant.

Most of the Bait Car episodes are in SoCal. QUick trip across the border. The ones I don't get are like in FL and GA. Just where are you going from Atlanta?:laugh:

ConHog
02-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Yeah. They're about brilliant.

Most of the Bait Car episodes are in SoCal. QUick trip across the border. The ones I don't get are like in FL and GA. Just where are you going from Atlanta?:laugh:

Well, I guess it's a different mindset because I wouldn't even think about stealing a car to begin with, but how amazingly dumb do you have to be to think it might be a bait car and then steal it anyway? :laugh2:

Gunny
02-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Well, I guess it's a different mindset because I wouldn't even think about stealing a car to begin with, but how amazingly dumb do you have to be to think it might be a bait car and then steal it anyway? :laugh2:

You mean when they have that aregument?

"It's a bait car."

"I's takin' it anyway"

"You'll get caught."

Nopes. They leave Cadiillac Escalades with the keys in the ignition all the time."

Yeah. I hear ya.

ConHog
02-20-2012, 09:30 AM
You mean when they have that aregument?

"It's a bait car."

"I's takin' it anyway"

"You'll get caught."

Nopes. They leave Cadiillac Escalades with the keys in the ignition all the time."

Yeah. I hear ya.

To be fair, I've seen that same attitude on COPS when they run the prostitution stings.

fat ugly bald guy: " Are you a cop"
Knockout undercover : " No I'm not a cop, I'll give you anything for $10"
FBG: " I think you're a cop, but okay $10 for sex"

LOL geez if you think they're a cop walk away.

Gunny
02-20-2012, 09:32 AM
To be fair, I've seen that same attitude on COPS when they run the prostitution stings.

fat ugly bald guy: " Are you a cop"
Knockout undercover : " No I'm not a cop, I'll give you anything for $10"
FBG: " I think you're a cop, but okay $10 for sex"

LOL geez if you think they're a cop walk away.

Agreed. If it looks and smells like one ....

CSM
02-20-2012, 10:06 AM
So much for the "criminal mind".

Gunny
02-20-2012, 10:36 AM
So much for the "criminal mind".

Yeah, you should hear the stories they tell the cops. "But this chick said I could have the car ...."

SUre. Just take my $50K Escalade and have a romp.:laugh:

Jess
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, you should hear the stories they tell the cops. "But this chick said I could have the car ...."

And at gunpoint, no less. :rolleyes:

ConHog
02-20-2012, 05:50 PM

One last night tried to convince the cops he was moving the car to make sure it wasn't stolen. Swear to God. :laugh:

Jess
02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I like the ones that try to steal a vehicle but it's stick and they have no clue what to do.

I'm very easily amused. :cool:

ConHog
02-22-2012, 09:41 AM
I like the ones that try to steal a vehicle but it's stick and they have no clue what to do.

I'm very easily amused. :cool:

Seen one the other day where they stole it out of a parking complex then couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking complex. :laugh: Stupid assholes drove in circles for 10 minutes before the cops finally made a mercy arrest.

Trigg
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Not to be obvious here, but most of the people caught stealing the bait car having something major in common.

Jess
02-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Not to be obvious here, but most of the people caught stealing the bait car having something major in common.

They're thieves? And not very smart? ;)