View Full Version : Ghost Rider

Gunny
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
So the boys now think Ghost Rider is the coolest ever. Guess I'll be forking over for Pt II pretty soon.:laugh:

I actually like the movie. Probably because I sound just like him. I used to get the comic books in the 70s when Carter Slade was the Ghost Rider. They probably had to cut Sam Elliott out or he'd have stolen the show.

ConHog
02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
So the boys now think Ghost Rider is the coolest ever. Guess I'll be forking over for Pt II pretty soon.:laugh:

I actually like the movie. Probably because I sound just like him. I used to get the comic books in the 70s when Carter Slade was the Ghost Rider. They probably had to cut Sam Elliott out or he'd have stolen the show.

It was one of those movies that was crap, and you knew it was crap the entire you were watching it, but enjoyed it anyway.

Gunny
02-21-2012, 12:20 PM
It was one of those movies that was crap, and you knew it was crap the entire you were watching it, but enjoyed it anyway.

Crap? It was a comic book back in the 60s and 70s. If you're old enough to remember it, it was as good as any other. I don't expect a whole lot from a comic book. Might be the answer, right there.

DragonStryk72
02-21-2012, 01:05 PM

lol, well, it would've been too easy with two Ghost Riders, but I love how they did him for it. I did watch the 2nd in movies, and you can really see the difference in Marvel having their own production studios now. Part 2 is a LOT more hardcore than the first one was, and you'll be surprised at some of the actors they got for it. Even the 3d was well done, though if I have one issue, the voiceovers by Nicholas Cage lack the muster that Sam Elliott's had.

ConHog
02-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Crap? It was a comic book back in the 60s and 70s. If you're old enough to remember it, it was as good as any other. I don't expect a whole lot from a comic book. Might be the answer, right there.

That's what I'm saying right there Gunny. Comic Book movies are usually crap, some of them are enjoyable though, as long as you don't go in expecting more from them then what they are.

Gunny
02-21-2012, 01:35 PM
That's what I'm saying right there Gunny. Comic Book movies are usually crap, some of them are enjoyable though, as long as you don't go in expecting more from them then what they are.

Comic book, dude. The boys are 6, 8 and 11. Been at each point in time once. They're little kids. I assume you were once one too.

ConHog
02-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Comic book, dude. The boys are 6, 8 and 11. Been at each point in time once. They're little kids. I assume you were once one too.

Gunny, Ghost Rider was a crappy movie. Bad story, stupid plot, terrible acting, good special effects. I enjoyed it anyway. That's all I'm saying. Sheesh

Gunny
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Gunny, Ghost Rider was a crappy movie. Bad story, stupid plot, terrible acting, good special effects. I enjoyed it anyway. That's all I'm saying. Sheesh

In your opinion.

ConHog
02-21-2012, 02:37 PM
In your opinion.

correct, and that's all I ever implied it was.

Jess
02-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Good thing you're not around here. You'd be summarily pummeled by three prepubescent boys. LOL! They watched it two nights in a row. And they want to be the Ghost Rider for Halloween.

How the heck do we get a costume like that?!?

CSM
02-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Good thing you're not around here. You'd be summarily pummeled by three prepubescent boys. LOL! They watched it two nights in a row. And they want to be the Ghost Rider for Halloween.

How the heck do we get a costume like that?!?

Get them a skeleton costume, let them put the costume on, then light em on fire! JUST KIDDING!

Jess
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Get them a skeleton costume, let them put the costume on, then light em on fire! JUST KIDDING!

The youngest will do that all on his own if we let him. :cool:

After the boys were shooting the BB gun, there seem to be some holes in the siding. Of course, nobody knows how that happened. :rolleyes: I figured if Gunny was out there, I didn't have to supervise but .... :poke:

CSM
02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
The youngest will do that all on his own if we let him. :cool:

After the boys were shooting the BB gun, there seem to be some holes in the siding. Of course, nobody knows how that happened. :rolleyes: I figured if Gunny was out there, I didn't have to supervise but .... :poke:

I am betting Gunny made a few of those holes! I gave my kids a dart board once; most of the holes in the wall were mine. Blamed it on the kids anyway.

Jess
02-22-2012, 09:51 AM
I am betting Gunny made a few of those holes! I gave my kids a dart board once; most of the holes in the wall were mine. Blamed it on the kids anyway.

Knew I was gonna have to be out there to supervise. *sigh*

The boyos did think it was cool when Mom nailed (with the BB gun) everything she shot at. :cool:

CSM
02-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Knew I was gonna have to be out there to supervise. *sigh*

The boyos did think it was cool when Mom nailed (with the BB gun) everything she shot at. :cool:

Actually, I own and shoot several high end pellet rifles. I enjoy the precision shooting they enable; and it's cheap too.

Jess
02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Actually, I own and shoot several high end pellet rifles. I enjoy the precision shooting they enable; and it's cheap too.

The ex and I used to shoot at the farm til I started having kids. It's great to go plink at cans or whatever. Very calming. Cathartic.

I was eye-balling the BB pistols when we were at Wal-mart the other day. Not exactly high end but a start for the boys. Under closer supervision, apparently. ;)

Gunny
02-25-2012, 11:25 AM

That might happen BEFORE Halloween.:flameth: