PDA

View Full Version : If Obama attacks Iran,

Black Diamond
02-22-2012, 02:59 PM
it will be fun watching the Left get behind him when he does it.

Abbey Marie
02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Some will, but he will also lose his large group of anti-war folks. Which will also be fun. :laugh:

(But I hope this move doesn't happen)

Black Diamond
02-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Some will, but he will also lose his large group of anti-war folks. Which will also be fun. :laugh:

This potential move is really frightening to me. Iran is not Iraq. God knows how many sleeper cells will "wake up" or follow orders from Iran. I think Obama will wait until his second term. Dmp made a thread earlier saying the Army will not actually get cut for six more years. So the whole "gutting the military" seems like a political trick to me.

ConHog
02-22-2012, 03:10 PM

No worries, much like Bill Clinton before him Obama decides on important matters by consulting the polling data. He's just not near as slick about it.

gabosaurus
02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Only really stupid presidents desperate to make their mark in history need to start useless wars. Look at the ones who have done it and compare their marks in history. Look at Shrub Bush, who wanted to be a war god and instead is relegated to staring at the blood of thousands on his hands every night.
No way Obama does anything about Iran before the election. He would love the majority of electorate. If Obama makes any move on Iran after the election, his popularity will plunge to about 10 percent.
I am for calling Obama's hand this fall -- he must vow not to make any stupid moves. Otherwise, the war protests that dogged Shrub Bush will look like tea parties. Obama needs to resist the call of the bloodthirsty loons who enjoy the carnage and deaths of others.

jimnyc
02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Only really stupid presidents desperate to make their mark in history need to start useless wars. Look at the ones who have done it and compare their marks in history. Look at Shrub Bush, who wanted to be a war god and instead is relegated to staring at the blood of thousands on his hands every night.
No way Obama does anything about Iran before the election. He would love the majority of electorate. If Obama makes any move on Iran after the election, his popularity will plunge to about 10 percent.
I am for calling Obama's hand this fall -- he must vow not to make any stupid moves. Otherwise, the war protests that dogged Shrub Bush will look like tea parties. Obama needs to resist the call of the bloodthirsty loons who enjoy the carnage and deaths of others.

These stupid presidents - are you speaking of Obama's fellow democrats - democrats who have started more wars in history, and have resulted in more American deaths than anyone in history?

MtnBiker
02-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Obama attack Iran? He is more likely to surrender to Iran than attack them, what a perfect solution for him and his followers.