PDA

View Full Version : 50 percent of population pays NO taxes

Trigg
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
This is disturbing and has accelerated since the mid 80's

The percentage of people who do not pay federal income taxes (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#), and who are not claimed as dependents by someone who does pay them, jumped from 14.8 percent in 1984 to 49.5 percent in 2009.”

That means 151.7 million Americans paid nothing in 2009. By comparison, 34.8 million tax filers paid no taxes in 1984.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/19/chart-of-the-week-nearly-half-of-all-americans-dont-pay-income-taxes/

ConHog
02-22-2012, 05:03 PM
More disturbing is that those people are still allowed to vote.

MtnBiker
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
What was it that Barry was saying about people paying their fair share?

gabosaurus
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
A lot of them are corporate fat cats who get deductions and tax rebates. Or they are families who have tax credits and deductions. If you are single or don't know how to handle your credits and deductions, you probably pay more. Tough luck to you. :cool:

ConHog
02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
A lot of them are corporate fat cats who get deductions and tax rebates. Or they are families who have tax credits and deductions. If you are single or don't know how to handle your credits and deductions, you probably pay more. Tough luck to you. :cool:

Stop, wealthy people pay taxes and you know it. They may not pay "their fare share" whatever the hell that is, but when we are talking about 50% don't pay income tax, we are talking about people who pay ZERO not some made up "fair share"

Noir
02-22-2012, 07:10 PM

A lot?
A lot means, well, a lot, maybe not the majority, but certainly a sizeable minority, say somewhere in the region on 25-30%...which would be around 30-40 million people...just how many 'Fat Cats' do you think there are in america exactly?

Trigg
02-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Gabby apparently didn't bother to read what I posted.

120 MILLION more people DON'T PAY TAXES compaired to 28 years ago. There is something fundamentally wrong with that.

There are not that many more "fat cats", sorry gabby, that just doesn't hold water.

OCA
02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
I want to be a part of the 50%, i'm jealous.

fj1200
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM

Got a list?

Little-Acorn
02-23-2012, 11:56 AM
120 MILLION more people DON'T PAY TAXES compaired to 28 years ago.

They don't pay FICA, sales taxes, gasoline taxes etc.?

revelarts
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM

My handicapped retired aunt paided taxes, I'm not sure how everyone else is getting out of income taxes but the income tax has only been around since 19something. I say dump it. it's not in the constitution and was questionable radified anyway.

bussiness pay taxes and we pay sales tax etc. If the feds needs fund for special projects let them come up with a tax for it and see if we allow them to pass it.

the power of the 500+ guys and gals in washington telling 300 million of us what we need to pay for out of pocket needs to stop. they've spent us into a hole and don't deserve the authority anymore.

Trigg
02-23-2012, 04:36 PM

Cute, instead of being snarky how about reading the article.

Gunny
02-23-2012, 04:59 PM

The real tough luck is for you. Or should I say your luck is the same as ever. You're wrong. Most of that 50% are welfare babies living off the nanny state you and people like you have created.

gabosaurus
02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
The real tough luck is for you. Or should I say your luck is the same as ever. You're wrong. Most of that 50% are welfare babies living off the nanny state you and people like you have created.

:rolleyes:
http://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/

Nukeman
02-23-2012, 05:23 PM
They don't pay FICA, sales taxes, gasoline taxes etc.?REALLY, did you read the article? I find it funny that you get "pissy" when others comment on your threads without reading the article you post. Why are you being so obtuse on this thread.

i think you know darn good and well this is about Federal income tax. By the way if you don't pay income tax and get a refund than that digs into your FICA and Medicare Tax. you however were trying to be a smart ass.. hmm why is that?? You aren't usually like that??