PDA

View Full Version : Spring?

Jess
02-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Today I saw the first flowers of "spring" - snowdrops and happy little crocuses. :)

Now, while spring flowers are wonderful, they shouldn't be blooming yet. It begs the questions of whether or not winter is actually over and what kind of growing season we'll have this year.

Very unusual. I can't remember a winter with basically no snow. I'm blaming Gunny. :cool:

SassyLady
02-23-2012, 01:32 AM
It was in the 80's here today and I planted 13 different pots of flowers. I certainly am getting a jump on spring. Lost several plants this winter from extended periods of frost. We are having more nights with below freezing temps, but all the days are warmer also. The trees and plants are completely confused.

darin
02-23-2012, 06:02 AM
3-7" of snow expected today and tomorrow! woot :D

Jess
02-23-2012, 09:44 AM
3-7" of snow expected today and tomorrow! woot :D

You suck.

That is all. :neener:

Jess
02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
It was in the 80's here today and I planted 13 different pots of flowers. I certainly am getting a jump on spring. Lost several plants this winter from extended periods of frost. We are having more nights with below freezing temps, but all the days are warmer also. The trees and plants are completely confused.

It looks as though after this weekend, we will consistently have highs in the 40s and 50s. Almost 60s into March.

Tulips and daffodils are trying to come up too. And there is a "threat" of snow showers tonight or tomorrow night, can't really remember.

On the plus side, this is good weather for having calves. There are a half dozen or more now, with a set of twins born yesterday. :)

Jess
02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
3312 :)

gabosaurus
02-23-2012, 01:06 PM
One of my best friends, who lives in Austin, e-mailed me this morning about the temps possibly pushing 90 there today. :slap:

Jess
02-23-2012, 05:59 PM
One of my best friends, who lives in Austin, e-mailed me this morning about the temps possibly pushing 90 there today. :slap:

Smack her for me too, please? ;)

WayInstain
02-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Today I saw the first flowers of "spring" - snowdrops and happy little crocuses. :)

Now, while spring flowers are wonderful, they shouldn't be blooming yet. It begs the questions of whether or not winter is actually over and what kind of growing season we'll have this year.

Very unusual. I can't remember a winter with basically no snow. I'm blaming Gunny. :cool:

Thanks for rubbing it in. We have a freakin' blizzard heading our way this weekend. :(

Jess
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks for rubbing it in. We have a freakin' blizzard heading our way this weekend. :(

We got less than an inch of snow last night/this morning. It's so warm here that it will have melted by noon, I think. *sigh*

Stop bragging about your blizzard.:neener:

cadet
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
out here in indiana it's weird, snow today, shorts and mud tomorrow.

we've gone through all the seasons about once a week...

hot, cold, hot, hot, cold, freezing, rain.

old man winter brings the uppercut to spring, spring is down for the count! wait, no, spring is back up and running. ohhh, nevermind. old man winter has the field. WAIT!!! spring just bite off winters ear!....etc.

gabosaurus
02-24-2012, 12:12 PM
We got less than an inch of snow last night/this morning. It's so warm here that it will have melted by noon, I think. *sigh*

Stop bragging about your blizzard.:neener:

I only brag about good weather. Which is why I live in Southern California. The only good snow is no snow.
My sister-in-law who lives in Minneapolis tends to disagree with me on this point.

Jess
02-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Ok, so the other day we had 50s. Snow last night snow, today it melts, now 30ish with wind chills in the low teens.

I think Cadet's earlier scenario was very accurate.