PDA

View Full Version : 10 Places Where a Gallon of Gas Is More Expensive Than in the U.S.

jimnyc
02-23-2012, 03:52 PM
I never even heard of "Asmara, Eritrea", but sucks to be them. Can you imagine filling up your Suburban at that rate? LOL It's bad enough here in NY where it's like $4.09 by me and about $6 if you run out in NYC!!

Most Expensive Gas in the World: Asmara, Eritrea
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $9.58
Cost per gallon of premium gas: (Unavailable)

2nd Most Expensive: Oslo, Norway
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $9.33
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $9.69

3rd Most Expensive: Rome
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $8.51
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $8.71

4th Most Expensive: Copenhagen, Denmark
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $8.48
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $8.77

5th Most Expensive: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $8.46
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $8.55

6th Most Expensive: London
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $8.12
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $8.35

7th Most Expensive: Paris
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $8.06
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $8.56

8th Most Expensive: Hong Kong
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $7.85
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $8.30

9th Most Expensive: Berlin
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $7.76
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $8.34

10th Most Expensive: Tokyo
Cost per gallon of regular gas: $6.59
Cost per gallon of premium gas: $7.15

Honorable Mention
While these cities all have it worse than the U.S. in the gas department, don’t think we’re beating the whole world at the pump. Several cities have dirt-cheap gas prices, and unsurprisingly they tend to be in oil-producing countries. In Kuwait City, for instance, a gallon of gas at the pump costs the equivalent of 82 cents, while in the Saudi Arabian capital city of Riyadh it’s just 45 cents. The clear winner, though, is oil-rich Venezuela, where government subsidies make a gallon of regular gas cost just 6 cents in Caracas.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-places-where-a-gallon-of-gas-is-more-expensive-than-the-u-s-.html

Gunny
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
I never even heard of "Asmara, Eritrea", but sucks to be them. Can you imagine filling up your Suburban at that rate? LOL It's bad enough here in NY where it's like $4.09 by me and about $6 if you run out in NYC!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-places-where-a-gallon-of-gas-is-more-expensive-than-the-u-s-.html

Eritrea is right next to Djibouti, between it and Somalia on the NE African Coast on the Red Sea.

What I DON'T like about this particular news article ... not thread ... the article itself, is it marginalizes what we pay for gas, prepping us for probably another Obama gas tax.

jimnyc
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Eritrea is right next to Djibouti, between it and Somalia on the NE African Coast on the Red Sea.

What I DON'T like about this particular news article ... not thread ... the article itself, is it marginalizes what we pay for gas, prepping us for probably another Obama gas tax.

Well, I'm safe from any new Obama taxes. He promised he wouldn't raise any taxes in my bracket. :)

: DP is sorely lacking a HUGE fucking rolling eyes smiley: JESS!!!

Little-Acorn
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Nearly all of the difference between those prices, and the U.S. prices, is taxes.

It costs roughly the same amount to get oil, refine it, and bring it to market, in every major country and the countries near them.

It's only when government starts adding its taxes, that prices rise to those levels.