PDA

View Full Version : Do you read your rep comments?

gabosaurus
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't. If you want to take issue with me about something, please do it on the board or through PM. :slap:

jimnyc
02-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I read them. I think everyone does, whether they like them or not. I think you do too.

darin
02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I read them. I think everyone does, whether they like them or not. I think you do too.

Of course she does, Jim. She values creating an image of being 'smarter than everyone else' - and somehow special...somehow she's 'enlightened'. To me? her attitude here is one of the typical, loser 'progressive' with serious esteem issues and a penchant for acting-out solely for attention.

fj1200
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't. If you want to take issue with me about something, please do it on the board or through PM. :slap:

I do. But first, if it's positive rep then there is nothing to "take issue" with so??? And second, I see many posters "take issue" with you about something but rarely see you follow up fully so???

Noir
02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Always, but rarely have neg ones to read, I put that almost exclusively to luck and my youthful yet charismatic eyebrows.

What I would find *much* more interesting is to know if you (Gabby) ever put comments when giving out neg rep, because if you did...well, I need not spell out the pool of irony you were swimming in while typing out the OP...

SassyLady
02-24-2012, 07:03 PM

I have never handed out negative rep so I do take up issues with people on the board out in the open. I do however give out lots of positive rep, including you, so I hope that you do indeed read your rep comments.

gabosaurus
02-25-2012, 12:59 AM
I have never left a rep comment. All my comments are made on this board.
As I have told Jim many times, the rep system is totally unnecessary. It is to prone to being a conservative circle jerk.
And no, I have never read mine.

SassyLady
02-25-2012, 01:19 AM
As I have told Jim many times, the rep system is totally unnecessary. It is to prone to being a conservative circle jerk.

So, what you are saying is that you don't really care to connect with individuals here on a more personal level and I'm cool with that Gabs .... I give the rep more to make myself feel good ... makes me feel alive and connected. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

PS .... that whole "circle jerk" image is disgusting and I'm sure there are more liberals doing it than conservatives.

logroller
02-25-2012, 01:24 AM

Still better than a liberal reach-around IMO. I just checked my settings and realized rep received doesn't prompt notifications anymore...so here I've been thinking i haven't received rep since, like, forever ago. Thanks all!

jimnyc
02-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Still better than a liberal reach-around IMO. I just checked my settings and realized rep received doesn't prompt notifications anymore...so here I've been thinking i haven't received rep since, like, forever ago. Thanks all!

From the looks of the little grey square under your name, and no green squares, it's likely because you have that portion of your rep turned off. Under "general settings" when you're in your UserCP. Looks like you have that set to off. I honestly don't know if that would change it, that's only supposed to change whether or not it displays the green bars, but it may effect notification. At the very top right hand side of the board, it should show your name, and then "notifications" after that. Whenever you get a new rep comment or PM, this should indicate the number. I'll rep you now...

logroller
02-25-2012, 07:24 AM
I'll rep you now... Hold on, let me grab a tissue:laugh:
No notification; but I just now made a few changes to my settings. It doesn't really bother me now that i know. So no worries.

logroller
02-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Of course she does, Jim. She values creating an image of being 'smarter than everyone else' - and somehow special...somehow she's 'enlightened'. To me? her attitude here is one of the typical, loser 'progressive' with serious esteem issues and a penchant for acting-out solely for attention.
I've seen it time and again with young intelligent women, especially if they're attractive-- its a defense mechanism. Inside, she just wants to understand and be understood, but it's challenging for people who've feel too easily misrepresented by the preconceived notions of others. I mean, she's here, so obviously she has some conservative tendencies.
*here's my guess. daddy loved her, so no issues there, but mom was/ is the source of her liberalism and outspoken personality; but she needs to be her own person, thus challenging the dogmatic beliefs she was raised with. BUT, needing foundation-- she must defend them also. That's my five-minute assessment. Gimme 1 hour to break through the "I'm so much different than [mom*] routine" and I'll have her hanging on my every word.

Gunny
02-25-2012, 09:54 AM

What more proof needed than the second quote to support the statement in the first quote?

Gunny
02-25-2012, 09:58 AM
I've seen it time and again with young intelligent women, especially if they're attractive-- its a defense mechanism. Inside, she just wants to understand and be understood, but it's challenging for people who've feel too easily misrepresented by the preconceived notions of others. I mean, she's here, so obviously she has some conservative tendencies.
*here's my guess. daddy loved her, so no issues there, but mom was/ is the source of her liberalism and outspoken personality; but she needs to be her own person, thus challenging the dogmatic beliefs she was raised with. BUT, needing foundation-- she must defend them also. That's my five-minute assessment. Gimme 1 hour to break through the "I'm so much different than [mom*] routine" and I'll have her hanging on my every word.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with your assessment. She's a leftwingnut loser who isn''t smart enough to realize that it's leftwingnut policies that have crumbled much of this nation, but has been conditioned to not listen to reason as she is smarter than that.

gabosaurus
02-25-2012, 11:07 AM
I mean, she's here, so obviously she has some conservative tendencies.

What makes you think this is a "conservative only" message board?
Sure, the board is mostly conservatives. But there are some intelligent people here as well. :cool:

Gunny
02-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Sure, the board is mostly conservatives. But there are some intelligent people here as well. :cool:

You ain't one of them.

gabosaurus
02-25-2012, 11:18 AM
You ain't one of them.

If that was true, it would make two of us.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NVq27glkY_A" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Gunny
02-25-2012, 11:20 AM
If that was true, it would make two of us.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NVq27glkY_A" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Snappy comeback. Not.

It is true. And you stand alone.

gabosaurus
02-25-2012, 11:22 AM
And you stand alone.

At least I can stand. :cool:

jimnyc
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM

Your continual jabs at all conservatives is tiresome. I believe it's time for you to try a different schtick, or actually learn to discuss and/or debate things. As an aside though, didn't you say one of your parents was a conservative? Do you often tell him/her how unintelligent they are? And what about anyone you work with that may have differing opinions, are they all stupid too? Or perhaps, maybe you don't believe that about ALL conservatives, and you're just trolling?

jimnyc
02-25-2012, 11:42 AM

Your continual cheap shots about drinking aside, I would take a Marine Gunny after a 12 pack against the best liberal you can find, any day, any time.

Gunny
02-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Being flat on your back most of the time isn't called "standing" 'round these parts. Try again.

RadiomanATL
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
When I notice them :dunno:

Gunny
02-25-2012, 12:05 PM
When I notice them :dunno:

Amassed quite the fortune, have you?:laugh:

Jess
02-25-2012, 12:12 PM

If you could stand with three gelflings (ranging from 65# to about 80# each) on your back like he does, I'd be impressed.

RadiomanATL
02-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Amassed quite the fortune, have you?:laugh:

No, I just don't notice the little notification more than half the time.

Gunny
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
No, I just don't notice the little notification more than half the time.

Kind of hard to miss, isn't it? If nothing else, you have to go two words away from it to log out.:slap:

RadiomanATL
02-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Kind of hard to miss, isn't it? If nothing else, you have to go two words away from it to log out.:slap:

:dunno:

I don't hit log out. I close out the browser tab. I don't mess with the top of the header too much. Just click my bookmark to refresh so I don't scroll back up often.

PM's still send a pop-up, right? That would be the only thing I would feel bad about missing. Not that I don't appreciate the thought behind people repping me. I just don't notice :dunno:

Jess
02-25-2012, 12:28 PM

I don't hit log out. I close out the browser tab. I don't mess with the top of the header too much. Just click my bookmark to refresh so I don't scroll back up often.

PM's still send a pop-up, right? That would be the only thing I would feel bad about missing. Not that I don't appreciate the thought behind people repping me. I just don't notice :dunno:

I think it depends on your settings. I have it so I don't get a pop-up, just a notification at the top of the header. But I pay attention. :neener:

Gunny
02-25-2012, 12:29 PM

One of those attention to detail types, huh?:laugh:

RadiomanATL
02-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I think it depends on your settings. I have it so I don't get a pop-up, just a notification at the top of the header. But I pay attention. :neener:

I'm good with no pop-up for rep.

RadiomanATL
02-25-2012, 12:30 PM
One of those attention to detail types, huh?:laugh:

Only the important stuff. :thumb:

Gunny
02-25-2012, 12:30 PM

I din't think that's even an option. I get pop-ups only for PMs.

Gunny
02-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Only the important stuff. :thumb:

I've noticed you follow the "important stuff" closely.:laugh:

RadiomanATL
02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I've noticed you follow the "important stuff" closely.:laugh:

Important to me, anyway.

Jess
02-25-2012, 12:38 PM

I actually had to check but you can get a PM for reps, not a pop-up.

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.

All that is in "General Settings" if you haven't already found it by now.

Gunny
02-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Important to me, anyway.

THAT's what scares me!:laugh2:

logroller
02-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I didn't say all conservative all the time silly, I said people who visit here regularly have conservative tendencies. I could be wrong, but seeing how you ignore the bulk of the post...well, no worries gabs-- we'll keep it our little secret until youre ready. Equal rights for conservatives; that's all I want! You shouldn't be ashamed to be proud of who you really are.

DragonStryk72
02-25-2012, 03:27 PM

Ah, good, another "let's insult 3/4 of the board, including those who have not insulted me, and even occasionally back me up" run.

Nukeman
02-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Your continual jabs at all conservatives is tiresome. I believe it's time for you to try a different schtick, or actually learn to discuss and/or debate things. As an aside though, didn't you say one of your parents was a conservative? Do you often tell him/her how unintelligent they are? And what about anyone you work with that may have differing opinions, are they all stupid too? Or perhaps, maybe you don't believe that about ALL conservatives, and you're just trolling?Actually Jim its her husband who she claims to be conservative.. If thats true it most also mean the only person she could find dumb enough to marry her was a conservative.... :laugh:

Gabs I stick up for you when you need it and agree with you when warranted why do you bash or lump all conservative together?? I really have a hard time understanding why you and others lump everyone in -________________________ (whatever group your talking about) together...

Abbey Marie
02-25-2012, 05:47 PM

The PM notification and the rep notification are in the exact same position at the top of the board.

jimnyc
02-25-2012, 05:50 PM
The PM notification and the rep notification are in the exact same position at the top of the board.

Yep, depending on the members setting in their UserCP, the PM may or may not pop up. But if you choose not to get a pop up, or if you just hit "cancel" when it pops up, the counter at the top right of the page will show for both PM's and new rep comments.

Abbey Marie
02-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Yep, depending on the members setting in their UserCP, the PM may or may not pop up. But if you choose not to get a pop up, or if you just hit "cancel" when it pops up, the counter at the top right of the page will show for both PM's and new rep comments.

And since the board opens with that top part showing, it's pretty hard to miss.

jimnyc
02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
And since the board opens with that top part showing, it's pretty hard to miss.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that have no clue how to check their PM's or rep. I think sometimes people tend to blockout portions of the board that don't have text on it for them to read! But it's at the top right of the board, and will also be visible if someone just goes into their UserCP. I'm betting 95% of the board don't know that you could read "more" of the top stats either. The dropdown arrow lets you view more stats, more categories, more results...

Binky
02-25-2012, 06:22 PM

And right here, from the get go, you are waiting with baited breath to pick a fight. Couldn't you have just asked if anyone reads their reps without throwing in the attitude? :duh5:

Anyway, my thought about this is that you've ruffled so many feathers on this board that you are pretty sure any reps you get will be bad ones. Go figure.

Binky
02-25-2012, 06:33 PM

You sure do like throwing around the word conservative. You are coming across as feeling threatened by them and their beliefs. Wouldn't hurt to once in awhile close your pie hole and take into consideration what other people think and feel rather than only pondering on yourself. Just because you don't happen to believe the way they do, doesn't make them wrong.

Abbey Marie
02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
See now, I think Gabby was just giving us a simple heads-up that she won't see our rep comments.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;)

Binky
02-25-2012, 06:37 PM
See now, I think Gabby was just giving us a simple heads-up that she won't see our rep comments.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;)

Or a turd is just a turd. :coffee:

RadiomanATL
03-03-2012, 02:03 PM

I know.

But rep doesn't do a pop-up and PM does. Which is the way I like it. It also means I don't notice too much if someone reps me :D

ConHog
03-03-2012, 02:37 PM

I take issue with your grouping all conservatives into the dumb category, it's as lame and unbecoming as Gunny or one of the other really conservative posters here labeling all liberals as dumb. Neither statement is true, and we all know it.

I happen to think you're reasonably intelligent, hotter than hell, and misguided on some issues. I've even pos repped you a time or ten. Here's a hint for you, I think the EXACT same things about Abbey, just to use an example.

Point being , stop generalizing when you don't like it when people do it to you.

As for the topic, I generally DO read my rep comments because they are normally pos reps and I try to make sure I thank people for recognizing that I said something worthy of pushing the pos rep button.

Abbey Marie
03-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I know.

But rep doesn't do a pop-up and PM does. Which is the way I like it. It also means I don't notice too much if someone reps me :D

I don't find it all that hard to glance at the screen and see that Notification 1, 2, etc., so I assumed you must not have known about it.

RadiomanATL
03-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't find it all that hard to glance at the screen and see that Notification 1, 2, etc., so I assumed you must not have known about it.

I don't look too much at the header section. Not many posts up thattaway.