PDA

View Full Version : Green company given stimulus funds lays off 125 workers, pay raise to executives

tailfins
02-26-2012, 01:06 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/26/green-energy-company-given-federal-stimulus-funds-lays-off-125-workers-gives/

I'm curious what liberals think of this because it fits exactly the business behavior they really dislike.

Gunny
02-26-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/26/green-energy-company-given-federal-stimulus-funds-lays-off-125-workers-gives/

I'm curious what liberals think of this because it fits exactly the business behavior they really dislike.

What do you THINK they think? On one hand, they're pro-union, but on the other hand are so Hell-bent on "preserving the Earth" they create all the laws that made it impossible for most industries that used union labor to stay in business. In other words, I'm quite sure they don't care, don't have an answer, and will just hide from the question until it goes away. Unless they can figure out a way to blame it on the right.

Shadow
02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Libs usually ignore facts they don't like...either that or they will attack the messenger to deflect away from them.

I'm just wondering how you figure a three quarter net loss of 172 billion dollars is somehow considered a "stimulus success story". Unless it is a ruse to keep the government money flowing.

darin
02-27-2012, 08:12 AM
I continue to say, in lieu of giving corporations billions, give every tax payer $1,000,000. Would have been a lot cheaper.

Shadow
02-27-2012, 08:41 AM
I continue to say, in lieu of giving corporations billions, give every tax payer $1,000,000. Would have been a lot cheaper.

I liked that idea.

But then...see...that would never happen. Giving the taxpayers large sums of money would make them more equal to their peers. You don't actually think they want folks to be "equal" do you? :laugh:

Gunny
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM

Are you kidding? I could pay off what little debt I have, buy a new car and house, invest the rest in some company smart enough to have moved its operations out of THIS country with all its stupid laws that change every time some knucklehead gets elected, and kick back on my deck for the rest of my life.

fj1200
02-27-2012, 09:41 AM

Trillions is cheaper than billions? No wonder we're F'ed. :slap:

Noir
02-27-2012, 10:30 AM

and at the end of the week you'd have no ecomony due to hyper-inflation =D

Gunny
02-27-2012, 10:51 AM
and at the end of the week you'd have no ecomony due to hyper-inflation =D

What's the difference? We have no economy NOW because of hyper-inflation because of Obama's spending habits.

darin
02-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Trillions is cheaper than billions? No wonder we're F'ed. :slap:

I may have added a zero-too-many; but my point is: Giving the hundreds of billions we gave to corporations as payment as 'tax return' to those who paid federal taxes last year would have been a better investment - with a larger return than the 'stimulus' packages.

Noir
02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
What's the difference? We have no economy NOW because of hyper-inflation because of Obama's spending habits.

America is not in a state of hyper inflation, nor is it anywhere near, talk about melodramatic xD

Gunny
02-27-2012, 11:20 AM
America is not in a state of hyper inflation, nor is it anywhere near, talk about melodramatic xD

Drama and *I* don't equate. Want to try again? Our economy is in ruins. Because of one man. Who spent more money in one year that his predecessor did in 8. Undisputed FACT. The economic collapse was because of policies Bill Clinton installed.

Try living here instead of sitting on the sidelines Monday-morning Quarterbacking.

fj1200
02-27-2012, 12:34 PM
I may have added a zero-too-many; but my point is: Giving the hundreds of billions we gave to corporations as payment as 'tax return' to those who paid federal taxes last year would have been a better investment - with a larger return than the 'stimulus' packages.

Or three-too-many. ;) The point would have been to lower marginal rates across the board, or my personal favorite of eliminating the corporate income tax, to increase incentive to invest and create opportunities. Tax rebates are an economic loser.

PostmodernProphet
02-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm curious.....would the 47% that paid no taxes get a million too?.....

Noir
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Drama and *I* don't equate. Want to try again? Our economy is in ruins. Because of one man. Who spent more money in one year that his predecessor did in 8. Undisputed FACT. The economic collapse was because of policies Bill Clinton installed.

Try living here instead of sitting on the sidelines Monday-morning Quarterbacking.

Another 'undisputed fact' is the fact that (despite your claims) America is *not* in a state of hyperinflation. Or anywhere near it. To pretend otherwise *is* as clear a example of mmelodrama as you are ever likey to read.

logroller
02-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Or three-too-many. ;) The point would have been to lower marginal rates across the board, or my personal favorite of eliminating the corporate income tax, to increase incentive to invest and create opportunities. Tax rebates are an economic loser.
Ah yes, but they're proven political winners. But speaking of the economy, I just checked here (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/committee.xpd)and there's no Congressional committee strictly dedicated to the economy; I can only assume economic considerations are carried out among many(commerce, finance, banking etc). Which, in light of the economic principle: division of labor, explains a lot about about our current state of affairs along with a healthy dose of irony. :stooges:

fj1200
02-28-2012, 09:17 AM
^That just proves why Congress, as an institution, is stupid.