PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else trying to watch Daytona 500?

SassyLady
02-28-2012, 12:12 AM
What a weird way to start the season!

Did anyone see Montoya crash into the track dryer truck? Scary, scary, scary.

SassyLady
02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Finally.............race is over and Kenseth wins, Dale Jr. 2nd and Biffle 3rd.

jimnyc
02-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I tried to watch it on Sunday before the rain delay. I tried watching it at Noon yesterday before another rain delay. Last night I got to the TV at about 7:25 or so and Jimmie Johnson had crashed out already, with Danica, on lap 1!!

Here's the video of Montoya lighting up the jet fuel!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GPRTD4Qj6lM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SassyLady
02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
I tried to watch it on Sunday before the rain delay. I tried watching it at Noon yesterday before another rain delay. Last night I got to the TV at about 7:25 or so and Jimmie Johnson had crashed out already, with Danica, on lap 1!!

Here's the video of Montoya lighting up the jet fuel!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GPRTD4Qj6lM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

You would think there would have been more angles to capture this crash, but they were all taking a break I guess.

It was the longest Daytona I've ever tried to watch. Even thought I had my DVR set to record, it didn't show up as a NASCAR race so had to go set everything on Fox to record .... then had to miss some of it because I have other shows set to record so lost about two hours of it.

Did get to see the finish but it would have been around 12:00-1:00 for you.

Was sorry to see Johnson, Patrick and Gordon out so early, but was pulling for Earnhardt. Biffle just couldn't quite get his car to the point where they could make a run past Kenseth. Good racing but lots of wrecks with new rules not allowing drivers to talk to each other and having to communicate through spotters.

Loved the Budweiser Shoot Out .... great race, and the Nationwide was a good one.