PDA

View Full Version : Police officer shooting, real video...

jimnyc
02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
PLEASE DON'T GO TO YOUTUBE AND READ COMMENTS. JUST GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE VIDEO FOR NOW!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mu8QTU0HMT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CSM
02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Interesting. Had to play it a few times but I got it eventually. It is my opinion that the police acted appropriately.

jimnyc
02-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Interesting. Had to play it a few times but I got it eventually. It is my opinion that the police acted appropriately.

You know some won't "play along" and will read on it first. Now you, I believe would spot the flaws in a knee jerk reaction. But I know damn well that a few members here, without the benefit of reading, would want the death penalty for the shooting officer!

DragonStryk72
02-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Pretty easy spot, actually. I mean, the guy starts to drop before the "cop" open fire, and the body doesn't react to the hit of the other two "bullets".

Edit: Watching it a bit more, there are a bunch of errors in this video. The guy gets shot in the back by the second "cop", but falls backward not forward. Now, the guy did have a 2nd gun, but not even an idiot would've tried to beat two cops who've already drawn down on him while he still doesn't have his handgun up yet.The body doesn't twitch or move at all after having been shot, the camera never moves during the whole thing, which means the camera man didn't even flinch, which sort of says that he knew the shot was coming. This was clearly staged.

CSM
02-28-2012, 01:14 PM
You know some won't "play along" and will read on it first. Now you, I believe would spot the flaws in a knee jerk reaction. But I know damn well that a few members here, without the benefit of reading, would want the death penalty for the shooting officer!

LOL ... even with the video, there will be those yammering for the death penalty for the cops.

Gaffer
02-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Watched it three times. First time I thought it was a training film and staged for that. Second and third time just confirmed what I initially thought. This is police academy material. They show this in the class room to part of the class while the other part is on the range.

jimnyc
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Watched it three times. First time I thought it was a training film and staged for that. Second and third time just confirmed what I initially thought. This is police academy material. They show this in the class room to part of the class while the other part is on the range.

Yep, you got it. I didn't want anyone responding to know that though. I was hoping to have everyone give their 2 cents solely on that 10 second clip. Most wouldn't notice the gun. Some would assume it was a bad shoot. We see police videos all the time, and so many react, but a video doesn't always tell or show the entire story. Many people have responded to this in many places, and jump to conclusions, only to watch it again and see the second gun.

But now ya done ruined my experiment, ya fucker! LOL :laugh2:

Noir
02-28-2012, 03:33 PM
guess'd it was fake/set up from the lack of blood and reaction to the bullets, especially on a blindingly white shirt lol, but that was only after a few run thoughts, the first time or two caught me.

revelarts
02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
My 1st reaction has as you'd probably expect. "Freaking cops Killed him for no reason!!"
I watched 2 more times and noticed the 2nd gun.
Then again an wondered why the whole thing it didn't look "right".

Read you guys comments, oookkk training video, fake ok yeah.

Intense
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
PLEASE DON'T GO TO YOUTUBE AND READ COMMENTS. JUST GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE VIDEO FOR NOW!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mu8QTU0HMT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First Impression - Unrighteous Shooting. (I didn't see the Second gun.)

Second Impression - Police Training Video. Too Sanitized.

Good comments, Guys. :clap:

Good reminder.

DragonStryk72
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Yep, you got it. I didn't want anyone responding to know that though. I was hoping to have everyone give their 2 cents solely on that 10 second clip. Most wouldn't notice the gun. Some would assume it was a bad shoot. We see police videos all the time, and so many react, but a video doesn't always tell or show the entire story. Many people have responded to this in many places, and jump to conclusions, only to watch it again and see the second gun.

But now ya done ruined my experiment, ya fucker! LOL :laugh2:

Note that so far, all the mil members caught the details, lol. I used to work security, as well as having my full set of black ribbons (quiet, but remarkably accurate with an assault rifle, shotgun, and sidearm. Scared my RDC in boot for having the highest score in the division), so I'm pretty familiar with guns in general. After military I worked security, so I have a tendency to look for detals that pretty ingrained by now.

jimnyc
02-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Note that so far, all the mil members caught the details, lol. I used to work security, as well as having my full set of black ribbons (quiet, but remarkably accurate with an assault rifle, shotgun, and sidearm. Scared my RDC in boot for having the highest score in the division), so I'm pretty familiar with guns in general. After military I worked security, so I have a tendency to look for detals that pretty ingrained by now.

Yeah, I should have known better than to post it amongst a bunch of Vets who probably zeroed in on the guys right arm from the get go. I knew it was some sort of setup the first time I saw it, only because of the idiot who started the thread, like I'm doing! LOL But I didn't catch it till like the 5th or 6th time replaying it.

SassyLady
02-28-2012, 04:59 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mu8QTU0HMT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

First time ... officers seem too calm, but justified. Second cop saw gun, yelled gun and the officers shot.
Second time I wanted to see the gun, found it.
Third time ... realized it was training video and thus the lack of adrenalin shown by cops.

SassyLady
02-28-2012, 05:02 PM
guess'd it was fake/set up from the lack of blood and reaction to the bullets, especially on a blindingly white shirt lol, but that was only after a few run thoughts, the first time or two caught me.

Wow ... didn't even think about the lack of blood even after watching it twice, but finally decided was training video after watching the third time.

Also wondered about the camera and who would be filming it so close and why?

CSM
02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
First time ... officers seem too calm, but justified. Second cop saw gun, yelled gun and the officers shot.
Third time ... realized it was training video and thus the lack of adrenalin shown by cops.

Yep, figured it was training first time thru because no blood spray and body didn't seem right when hit (don't ask how I know that). Looked for the gun the second time thru and spotted it but ran it a third time to see if I missed anything else.

Gaffer
02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
I have seen a lot of these films. We had to sit through a bunch of them in the academy. They were not for public viewing at the time. One that was impressive was after a car chase. The guy got out with a woman hostage. There was some negotiation but he brought the gun up to her head and a snipe took him out. You could see his head explode. There's probably utube video's of this kind of thing all over the place, but back then they were purely for police training purposes.

Apologies for jumping in too soon with the answer. :happy0203:

darin
02-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Maybe the guy was 'putting down the gun he had in his waistband'?

Intense
02-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Maybe the guy was 'putting down the gun he had in his waistband'?

The point there would be, would you bet your life on it? I wouldn't. He could have announced at any point that he had a second gun. He could have just froze. He went for the second gun hiding what he was doing, hand on the grip, finger on the trigger.

Gunny
02-29-2012, 10:18 AM

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mu8QTU0HMT8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Interesting. Real world: I'd have already opened fire at the very beginning when the weapon was aimed the officer. There wouldn't have been time for the other 7 seconds of the clip.

revelarts
02-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Tangential Question
A couple of you have said or implied that you knew it was fake , one reason was no blood the other was the timing of when the guy moved and the direction of his movements did not match the direction of the shots. here's my question, what do you guys think about the JFK shooting film? was it from the front or the back based on what you've seen? Have you looked at it to think about it?

CSM
02-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Tangential Question
A couple of you have said or implied that you knew it was fake , one reason was no blood the other was the timing of when the guy moved and the direction of his movements did not match the direction of the shots. here's my question, what do you guys think about the JFK shooting film? was it from the front or the back based on what you've seen? Have you looked at it to think about it?

I have seen the films many times. Hard to say but I think he was hit more than once from more than one direction. That's just me. Problem is the films I have seen are just not clear enough.

DragonStryk72
02-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Tangential Question

Gonna have to go with CSM on this one, video quality in the early to mid-60s versus today leaves alot to be desired, but it always seemed like there were two shots, not one. As well, when you look at the forensic evidence after the fact, it doesn't add up.

Then there's my caveat: Two snipers as opposed to one is just a solid, tactically sound idea. Better, get two snipers and keep knowledge of one another from them, so that if either one gets found out, then you have your backup do the job with no fear that one will rat the other out, as they don't even know of another one to begin with. If you're going to try and assassinate a president with any degree of sincerity to it, then you don't skimp on the shooting, because you will NOT be getting a second shot.

Gunny
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Tangential Question

I think Oswald killed him. Which way the body is supposed to jerk is bullshit. That's a lame argument. A whole bunh of stuff has been made of this subject by a bunch of dummies.

You START firing at a Maine Corps rile range at 200m. Do you REALLY think 375 FEET is shit to us?

And ther's no set rule as to which way bodies jek when hit. The opposite is just as true as what one expects. Ther is NOTHIING in the JFK assassination films that suggests more than one shooter.

Except a bunch of conspiract theory freaks that have to make more of something than is there.

pegwinn
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
First run thru saw the second gun and wondered what the cops were shooting that didn't blow chunks of meat off the body. Especially that many rounds at that range.

Wasn't till the third view that it dawned on me that the camera didn't wobble.

Should've caught the white shirt right off and didn't.

gabosaurus
02-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Third time is what I thought at first.

SassyLady
03-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Third time is what I thought at first.

Well, good for you!!! :thumb:

SassyLady
03-01-2012, 03:05 AM
I think Oswald killed him. Which way the body is supposed to jerk is bullshit. That's a lame argument. A whole bunh of stuff has been made of this subject by a bunch of dummies.

You START firing at a Maine Corps rile range at 200m. Do you REALLY think 375 FEET is shit to us?

And ther's no set rule as to which way bodies jek when hit. The opposite is just as true as what one expects. Ther is NOTHIING in the JFK assassination films that suggests more than one shooter.

Except a bunch of conspiract theory freaks that have to make more of something than is there.

I have no obsession with watching JFK assassination film, however, the first time I saw it I thought he had been shot twice. I remember Jackie looking over at him as if there was something wrong because he was looking down...she leaned toward him and then the head shot happened and she tried crawling out of the car.

Not a conspiracy theorist ... just something that got in my head when I was 12-13 years old and it's stuck with me. Whether it was one or two people I can't say. Warren Commission said one, House Select Committee on Assassinations said two.

CSM
03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't know which way a body is "supposed" to jerk when impacted by a impacted by a bullet but I know that when a person does get shot they don't casually lie down either. As for the Kennedy assassination, I always thought there were two shooters. As for what conspiracies are involved, I have no stinking idea. I do think Oswald made the killing shot though.

Gunny
03-01-2012, 07:11 AM
I have no obsession with watching JFK assassination film, however, the first time I saw it I thought he had been shot twice. I remember Jackie looking over at him as if there was something wrong because he was looking down...she leaned toward him and then the head shot happened and she tried crawling out of the car.

Not a conspiracy theorist ... just something that got in my head when I was 12-13 years old and it's stuck with me. Whether it was one or two people I can't say. Warren Commission said one, House Select Committee on Assassinations said two.

LOL. Okay, my point was that, after watching the different films over and over, JFK's body jerked consistently with the way he was shot. I was addressing the impact of the round though. Not turning this into a JFK thread. :laugh:

I would be happy to address any reasonable conversation on the JFK Assassination in an appropriate thread. I know Rev got his conspiratorial juices flowing, but this thread is about the video.

As far as this video is concerned, I think the obvious is lost on a few of us. There is NO "right" response. Most figured out it was a training video and addressed the video in that manner. I addressed the situation, real or no. When the perp swings around with his weapon at the hip it CLEARLY aims toward the cop/camera. In a tactical situation, I open fire BEFORE that weapon comes in line with my body. That also renders the second firearm a moot issue.