PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Councilman: For safety, Gas stations MUST hire security guards...

darin
02-29-2012, 05:54 AM
The thought-processes happening in this guy would make an interesting case-study in 'failure-government'.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/02/28/councilman-suggests-way-to-curb-violence-in-city/

DETROIT (WWJ) – Following a string of brutal killings and attacks, a city councilman is making bold suggestions to keep violent crimes down — including forcing gas station owners to hire security guards.

To help curb crimes like these, Kenyatta hopes to draft an ordinance that requires gas station owners to hire security guards to protect the public.

“We are going to ask the parishioners, the students, the gang members, the motorcycle clubs, the fraternities, the sororities, everyone in this city who agreed to sign this Peace Pledge that we will maintain peace in our community, in our families, and in our neighborhoods,” said Kenyatta.

OH MAH GAWD. We don't need tougher-enforcement of LAWS and citizens armed to protect one-another against tyranny and lawlessness....we need a PEACE PLEDGE!

"Yo, how bout we pop this likkir stoh"

"Naw man...we signed a Peace Pledge!!"

"Yah man...I guess we did...let's clean up the trash around our homes instead!"

:-/

PostmodernProphet
02-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I can picture it now....instead of glass cages and barred windows there will be pillboxes and 50 caliber machine guns......

Trigg
02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Honestly I don't know why any sane person would drive through Detroit let alone stop for gas.

ConHog
03-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Honestly I don't know why any sane person would drive through Detroit let alone stop for gas.

Got that right. This is just further proof that Detroit is a shit hole. How people can live like that is beyond me.