PDA

View Full Version : Good vibes/prayers, etc...

KitchenKitten99
03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Normally I don't ask for stuff like this because it always feels selfish but what I am asking for this time is such a big deal to me, I could use all the positive vibes/prayers and anything similar to that.

What this refers to is that tomorrow at 1pm CT, I have a meeting with a potential investor for a restaurant project I want to do. This is not just any project. The location is a historically significant home in my home town that was just foreclosed on. It used to belong to a few of the most prominent families in Anoka, as well as Minnesota. It is registered in the National Registry as The Woodbury House. Though most people here in Anoka call it the Weaver house because the Weavers were and still are very prominent here. After John Weaver passed away, the house was sold as it became a burden for the family to upkeep. I have photos of the house from just before they sold it to the guy who just lost it in foreclosure.

It needs some work as the guy who owned it for the last 6 years...really didn't take care of it and rented it out to what I could only figure out to be trailer trash.

I was able to go into the house a couple days ago when there was a contractor there taking measurements for repairs, etc. I wanted to cry. When the Weavers owned it, it was elegant, a shining diamond right on the Rum River. If I posted the before & after pics, you would not believe that it was better before than now.

These people who were living in there over the past couple years left bags of clothes, trash, toys, a half-decorated fake Christmas tree, a day-bed frame (in good shape, actually), a closet full of junk that cats had obviously used for a litter box. But in the kitchen, they took the appliances--- including kitchen sink!! WHO THE FRICK DOES THAT? http://www.customerssuck.com/board/images/smilies/pulling_hair.gif

The good news is that there really isn't that much work needing to be done to restore it. Most of the work will be installing a commercial kitchen, which will probably be done in the basement.

There are two of the 5 parcels attached to the property (total is about 3 acres) that go low enough in terrain down to the river and the owner has agreed to allow us to install docks so that people can float up the Mississippi into the Rum River to the restaurant! Boat traffic on the Rum is very frequent in the summer here.

Anyway, this whole project is looking to be appx $2 million. And I am far from even having 1/10th of that.

So I need investors, obviously. I would prefer to keep the property within hands of local residents rather than a stranger who doesn't really understand the attachment that locals here have with many of the historic buildings. Small town this may be but there is money here. Most of it is just not 'shown around' other than maybe the houses those with significant incomes live in.

And...tomorrow I have someone very much interested in the project.

I would like all the positive vibes I can get. This is huge. I have the city council chomping at the bit to zone it commercial for me once I acquire the property, since Jeff Weaver (John's son) is on the city council.

fj1200
03-02-2012, 10:21 AM
G/L

Gunny
03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Normally I don't ask for stuff like this because it always feels selfish but what I am asking for this time is such a big deal to me, I could use all the positive vibes/prayers and anything similar to that.

What this refers to is that tomorrow at 1pm CT, I have a meeting with a potential investor for a restaurant project I want to do. This is not just any project. The location is a historically significant home in my home town that was just foreclosed on. It used to belong to a few of the most prominent families in Anoka, as well as Minnesota. It is registered in the National Registry as The Woodbury House. Though most people here in Anoka call it the Weaver house because the Weavers were and still are very prominent here. After John Weaver passed away, the house was sold as it became a burden for the family to upkeep. I have photos of the house from just before they sold it to the guy who just lost it in foreclosure.

It needs some work as the guy who owned it for the last 6 years...really didn't take care of it and rented it out to what I could only figure out to be trailer trash.

I was able to go into the house a couple days ago when there was a contractor there taking measurements for repairs, etc. I wanted to cry. When the Weavers owned it, it was elegant, a shining diamond right on the Rum River. If I posted the before & after pics, you would not believe that it was better before than now.

These people who were living in there over the past couple years left bags of clothes, trash, toys, a half-decorated fake Christmas tree, a day-bed frame (in good shape, actually), a closet full of junk that cats had obviously used for a litter box. But in the kitchen, they took the appliances--- including kitchen sink!! WHO THE FRICK DOES THAT? http://www.customerssuck.com/board/images/smilies/pulling_hair.gif

The good news is that there really isn't that much work needing to be done to restore it. Most of the work will be installing a commercial kitchen, which will probably be done in the basement.

There are two of the 5 parcels attached to the property (total is about 3 acres) that go low enough in terrain down to the river and the owner has agreed to allow us to install docks so that people can float up the Mississippi into the Rum River to the restaurant! Boat traffic on the Rum is very frequent in the summer here.

Anyway, this whole project is looking to be appx $2 million. And I am far from even having 1/10th of that.

So I need investors, obviously. I would prefer to keep the property within hands of local residents rather than a stranger who doesn't really understand the attachment that locals here have with many of the historic buildings. Small town this may be but there is money here. Most of it is just not 'shown around' other than maybe the houses those with significant incomes live in.

And...tomorrow I have someone very much interested in the project.

I would like all the positive vibes I can get. This is huge. I have the city council chomping at the bit to zone it commercial for me once I acquire the property, since Jeff Weaver (John's son) is on the city council.

PM me.

KitchenKitten99
03-07-2012, 08:42 PM
PM me.

Just done. Only just saw this now.