PDA

View Full Version : Razor Blades

Gunny
03-02-2012, 12:04 PM
So, I get this $266, check from the Comptroller of Texas. The first $36 goes to Jess's sister for a pair of flannel-lined jeans.

I give Jess $100. for "services rendered".:laugh:

Then I buy Jess a blue ray player. I have no idea what a blue ray is, but she wants one.

What do I get out of this deal? A pair of jeans and $35 for 15 razor blades. WTF? People bitch about the price of gas. I'm about ready to go Grizzly Adams just so I don't have to pay extortion rates for razor blades!

jimnyc
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
So, I get this $266, check from the Comptroller of Texas. The first $36 goes to Jess's sister for a pair of flannel-lined jeans.

Then I buy Jess a blue ray player. I have no idea what a blue ray is, but she wants one.

What do I get out of this deal? A pair of jeans and $35 for 15 razor blades. WTF? People bitch about the price of gas. I'm about ready to go Grizzly Adams just so I don't have to pay extortion rates for razor blades!

$35 for 15 blades? What kind? Damn, I just paid $18 yesterday for 4 of them. I use the Gillete Pro Fusion I think? Damn razors are expensive anymore, and they still cut me all over the place!

cadet
03-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I just save money and shave the man way.

Lighters, burn that hair off.

But... if i run out, I've always got my machete. Gotta be careful not to slip though.

Noir
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
It's the int reason i hardly shave, normally about 3 weeks inbetween, 5 pro-fusion-whatever blades are £21, that's like $30 to you guys, how to people afford to use those every few days =/

Jess
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Uh huh. You didn't mention that the "services rendered" were foot massages, sweetie. :laugh:

Well, that or something boring ... like rent. That's not very exciting tho.

gabosaurus
03-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Gunny has to pay his spouse for "services rendered?"
If I was Jess, I would hold out for a cost of living increase. :poke:

gabosaurus
03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Razor blades are pretty dang expensive though. Especially if you are a woman and need two sets of razor blades. Women will be able to figure this one out. :cool:

jimnyc
03-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Shaved again today and got all nicked up. I tried every damn trick and nothing ever works for me. I don't want to spend a lot of money buying this crap, but these "Art of Shaving" stores are all over and sell supposedly great products. They say one of the best things you can buy is a "badger hair" brush to put the shaving cream on with.

Anyone wanting a better shave?

http://www.theartofshaving.com/article-fourelements/article-fourelements,default,pg.html

Also found this:

http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/perfect_shave.html

MtnBiker
03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Holy Hell! Why hasn't congress done something about this? People need to be groomed and not everybody has the money to support huge profits to Big Blade manufactures. There should be some sort of mandatory insurance to cover such costs!

Maybe Obama could do one of those executive order thingys and corret this.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Holy Hell! Why hasn't congress done something about this? People need to be groomed and not everybody has the money to support huge profits to Big Blade manufactures. There should be some sort of mandatory insurance to cover such costs!

Haha, I believe I mentioned in the BC insurance thread that we should cover the cost of waxing for ladies. That's part of having sex, too.

gabosaurus
03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Haha, I believe I mentioned in the BC insurance thread that we should cover the cost of waxing for ladies. That's part of having sex, too.

Especially since the result of the shaving and waxing directly benefit the male involved. They should gladly agree to cover the cost.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Especially since the result of the shaving and waxing directly benefit the male involved. They should gladly agree to cover the cost.

Otherwise you can't see the tree for the forest, lol.

jimnyc
03-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Otherwise you can't see the tree for the forest, lol.

Oh my, you dirty women. :coffee: :poke:

Abbey Marie
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh my, you dirty women. :coffee: :poke:

Well, it is Friday night, and I am alive and about to have some Merlot.

Now, who's paying for my condoms?!

:laugh2:

jimnyc
03-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, it is Friday night, and I am alive and about to have some Merlot.

Now, who's paying for my condoms?!

:laugh2:

Holy crap, I'll buy you an entire crate, and I might just use that many! (sorry, been awhile). :lol:

Jess
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Gunny has to pay his spouse for "services rendered?"
If I was Jess, I would hold out for a cost of living increase. :poke:

Yeah, but he gives me massages to ... every so often.

And I won't ruin his bad guy image by telling you all the gentlemanly, nice, considerate things he does. Like the Twix Ice Cream bars he just brought home for me ...:drool2:

Abbey Marie
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Holy crap, I'll buy you an entire crate, and I might just use that many! (sorry, been awhile). :lol:

You know I was being sarcastic!

:slap:

jimnyc
03-02-2012, 08:24 PM
You know I was being sarcastic!

:slap:

Unfortunately for me, I'm fully aware.

Gunny
03-02-2012, 08:25 PM
It's the int reason i hardly shave, normally about 3 weeks inbetween, 5 pro-fusion-whatever blades are £21, that's like $30 to you guys, how to people afford to use those every few days =/

You have to NEED to shave first, dork.:laugh:

Jess
03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Unfortunately for me, I'm fully aware.

S'ok, Jimmy. :bighug:

Gunny
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Uh huh. You didn't mention that the "services rendered" were foot massages, sweetie. :laugh:

Well, that or something boring ... like rent. That's not very exciting tho.

"Foot massages" ? That's what you call THAT nowadays?:banana:

Gunny
03-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Soon would be nice.:laugh:

Gunny
03-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, but he gives me massages to ... every so often.

And I won't ruin his bad guy image by telling you all the gentlemanly, nice, considerate things he does. Like the Twix Ice Cream bars he just brought home for me ...:drool2:

I have no clear recollection .....

ConHog
03-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I use a straight edge. Those damned razors are expensive. $20 for four Mach 5 blade refills?

Jess
03-02-2012, 08:41 PM
"Foot massages" ? That's what you call THAT nowadays?:banana:

In polite company, yes. :cool:

gabosaurus
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM
You have to ... shave first, dork.:laugh:

Better not be telling Jess that. You won't be getting "massages" of any kind for a while.

And to think I've been doing all that for nothing. Should I ask for a raise? :rolleyes:

logroller
03-03-2012, 12:31 AM

Just so long as he doesn't make employer-funded healthcare insurance cover it-- those Muslims would be more pissed off than they already are.

fj1200
03-04-2012, 12:53 AM
I use a straight edge. Those damned razors are expensive. $20 for four Mach 5 blade refills?

:confused: I bought a pack of 3 cheap razors almost two years ago... I think I have one left somewhere.

Mr. P
03-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Just keep the blade dry. I've used cheap disposables for yrs that last weeks by just shaking out all the water after each use.
I heard a guy say he used the same razor for just shy of 12 months. It can be done, I guess.

Some more tips/technique

http://youtu.be/gyxBfGcHDbM

(http://youtu.be/gyxBfGcHDbM)

jimnyc
03-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Just keep the blade dry. I've used cheap disposables for yrs that last weeks by just shaking out all the water after each use.
I heard a guy say he used the same razor for just shy of 12 months. It can be done, I guess.

Some more tips/technique

http://youtu.be/gyxBfGcHDbM

(http://youtu.be/gyxBfGcHDbM)

The guy that did that video has others I see, lot of helpful tips! You'd think I'd know how to shave properly after 43 years, but for whatever reason, it seems to be getting even worse as of late. Nicks here, blood there and little damn hairs I miss.

I've always shaved "against the grain" for a closer shave, but they say you're supposed to go with it for a proper shave? I'm not paying $100 for a beaver brush, but I am going to try better shaving cream, pre-shave oil & try to shave during a shower or immediately after while the pores are still open. Admittedly, it's something I've always rushed through.