PDA

View Full Version : Super Tuesday

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 10:40 AM
What do you think will happen? Will a "clear" nominee come out after Tuesday? In other words, will Romney stretch his lead farther, or will Santorum garner a few states and equalize things? Does Gingrich even have a hope in hell of making up any ground at this point?

I think Romney comes out with a much larger lead, and everyone stays in the race, which is a mistake in the long run.

krisy
03-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm excited about voting this Tuesday. Last I heard, Santorum had a big lead here in Ohio,they also mentioned that there is a heavy Catholic population here..They say Ohio is the key to the White House.

I am glad there is still a race going on,and that my vote will mean something this time. The way things have gone,I wouldn't doubt Gingrich could have another surge.My Family and I are all leaning Santorum. I like Newt's intelligence and that he is unafraid too. When the voting is done I believe that everyone will stick together and vote for whoever the nominee in the Republican party is,even Paul people.

fj1200
03-04-2012, 12:48 AM
They say Ohio is the key to the White House.

Not in the primaries. And regarding the catholic vote, I heard that Mitt did better among Catholics than Santorum in MI.

Romney will make it slightly more inevitable but I'm just shocked Newt still thinks he's relevant.

03-05-2012, 04:25 AM
My prediction? Everyone will win something and the race will continue. I do tend to think Romney is going to take more. I doubt Newt wins anything but Georgia. But Santorum will take more than expected and who the heck knows what Paul will do.

As I said before, I think everyone is in till the convention and we may see it brokered, which doesnt bother me one bit.

logroller
03-05-2012, 06:21 AM
My prediction, Romney and healthy dose of disappointment. I personally like Gingrich, he seems to have weathered the storms without compromising. I can't say the same for Romney. He may very well be the best opponent for Obama though, both are willing to compromise on issues to make things happen-- I suppose that's advantageous in the electoral college. As a voter it disappoints me though, in that I feel the same pressure to compromise on those issues I feel strongly about in the effort to unseat a greater evil. Maybe that's all politics comes down to, lessening disappointment. :(

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 06:23 AM
My prediction, Romney and healthy dose of disappointment. I personally like Gingrich, he seems to have weathered the storms without compromising. I can't say the same for Romney. He may very well be the best opponent for Obama though, both are willing to compromise on issues to make things happen-- I suppose that's advantageous in the electoral college. As a voter it disappoints me though, in that I feel the same pressure to compromise on those issues I feel strongly about in the effort to unseat a greater evil. Maybe that's all politics comes down to, lessening disappointment. :(

Unfortunately.