PDA

View Full Version : Burned Qurans Had Already Been Defaced by Afghan Prisoners

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 10:49 AM
You won't read or hear about this on the nightly news, and it will certainly never be discussed in Afghanistan. They SHOULD have been removed and burned if they contained extremist messages on them. I can't understand why any soldiers should be reprimanded in any way for this.

The Qurans inadvertently burned by U.S. troops were previously defaced with extremist messages, military investigators have concluded. The investigators also found that five soldiers were involved in the burnings that set off protests in Afghanistan that left 30 dead and lead to the deaths of six U.S. soldiers, The Washington Post reported.

Investigators appointed by Marine Gen. John Allen, the commanding officer in Afghanistan, determined that soldiers removed the Qurans from a prison at the Bagram Air Base after they were found to contain extremist messages, and then placed them in an office. The books were mistaken for trash and taken to a landfill where they were burned, according to the Post.

Officials tell the Post the five soldiers will face reprimands but added their names will be kept secret. “For the soldiers, it will be serious — they could lose rank. But you’re not going to see the kind of public trial that some here seem to want,” a military official in Afghanistan told the Post.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Burned-Qurans-Afghanistan-troops/2012/03/02/id/431232

sundaydriver
03-03-2012, 11:03 AM
It may not be the "over coverage" that the media plays on, but I heard about the defacing of the Quran's with extremist babble on CNN two weeks ago and read the same in my local paper via an AP story also.

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 11:08 AM
It may not be the "over coverage" that the media plays on, but I heard about the defacing of the Quran's with extremist babble on CNN two weeks ago and read the same in my local paper via an AP story also.

Wow, I'm surprised!

I wonder if Obama will apologize for the Afghani's defacing the Quran next?

krisy
03-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't care if they were allready defaced or not. None of these soldiers should be reprimanded and I find it repulsive that they will face discipline. Our country has given up far too much for these loons.

Shadow
03-03-2012, 12:05 PM

I heard about it also...on talk radio,when the story first came out. I love how the mainstream media always leaves out the parts of the stories they don't like.

krisy
03-03-2012, 12:13 PM
I heard about it also...on talk radio,when the story first came out. I love how the mainstream media always leaves out the parts of the stories they don't like.

Of course they left it out,it would have shed a whole new light on the story and made the Afghans look like the bad guys they are and justified the soldiers actions.All the controversy would have been taken out of the story. The media can't have those poor Afghans lookin like the a$$holes they are against the big bad U.S. solidiers.