PDA

View Full Version : Last Night

Mr. P
03-03-2012, 10:49 AM
By email...can't say if it's shopped but supposedly this was taken last night in Rome, Ga.

Just DAMN !!

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Cool photo, but does seem a bit surreal. Probably fake, but what the F do I know? LOL

Dilloduck
03-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Looks like the marshmellow from Ghostbusters blowing up.

Jess
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
By email...can't say if it's shopped but supposedly this was taken last night in Rome, Ga.

Just DAMN !!

Cool pic, anyway. :)

RadiomanATL
03-03-2012, 02:44 PM
It's the photo of the volcano eruption in Chile during a lightning storm..

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/chaiten.asp

fj1200
03-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Cool photo, but does seem a bit surreal. Probably fake, but what the F do I know? LOL

I'd guess at least it would have to have been a timed exposure.

Mr. P
03-04-2012, 09:46 AM
It's the photo of the volcano eruption in Chile during a lightning storm..

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/chaiten.asp

Thanks, I had a feeling it wasn't as claimed.

jimnyc
03-04-2012, 02:11 PM

You're speaking greek to me. While a geek at nature, I know jack shit about photography.

I see snopes says it's real, and from Chile. Imagine having a beer with friends, then see that shit rolling in? I would have thought it was the end of times and hid in my basement!

logroller
03-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Well technically, all exposures are timed, I assume meant a long exposure time...for lightning its usually 10-30 seconds, depending on ambient light.
Lots of tricks to play with extended shudder times; being careful not to move the camera, have somebody move through the frame during a 5 second exposure-- it looks like a ghost. Not very practical, but one that is is to set your white balance to tungsten, time value to 2-3 secs and shoot somebody moving a sparkler. here's an example:http://www.celebrationsparklers.com/images2/sparkler-heart.jpg

Pretty cool, I can't wait to try this coming Independence day.

RadiomanATL
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks, I had a feeling it wasn't as claimed.

NP.

I live in, generally, the area. That pic was being passed around on facebook all day Saturday.

Thing is, the Rome tornado was a week prior. The one Friday evening was in Paulding County. About 4 miles from my house.

Mr. P
03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
NP.

I live in, generally, the area. That pic was being passed around on facebook all day Saturday.

Thing is, the Rome tornado was a week prior. The one Friday evening was in Paulding County. About 4 miles from my house.

Lived in and around ATL for most of my life. Glad I'm farther away now. :laugh:

RadiomanATL
03-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Lived in and around ATL for most of my life. Glad I'm farther away now. :laugh:

Paulding County is good though. Close enough to the city where you can still jet down there for the day easily, but far enough away that you are really in the country.

Mr. P
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Paulding County is good though. Close enough to the city where you can still jet down there for the day easily, but far enough away that you are really in the country.

Yep, Paulding is OK. Conyers (Rockdale) was like like too but not so much now. Time marches on.