PDA

View Full Version : TSA asks woman to prove her breast pump is real

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Kind of hard for me to even think of a way to defend this. I know they apologized, but this one is fucked up.

Lihue, HI (KITV) -- A Hawaiian mom says she was humiliated when asked to prove her breast pump was real at an airport.

The woman says she was flagged for additional screening at the Lihue Airport Wednesday because of her electric breast feeding pump.

She claims agents told her she couldn't take the pump on the plane because the bottles in her carry-on were empty.

"I asked him if there was a private place I could pump and he said no, you can go in the women's bathroom. I had to stand in front of the mirrors and the sinks and pump my breast in front of every tourist that walked into that bathroom. I was embarrassed and humiliated and then angry that I was treated this way.

When the bottles were full, she was allowed back on the plane.

The TSA is apologizing, saying the agent made a mistake.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/307441/28/TSA-asks-woman-to-prove-her-breast-pump-is-real

Jess
03-03-2012, 03:02 PM
No excuse for this one.

If she'd had the bottles full of breastmilk, they probably would have made her dump it out and done a cavity search on her. Idiots.

ConHog
03-03-2012, 03:09 PM
What the fuck?

Sorry an apology won't cover for this, that agent should be gone.

LuvRPgrl
03-03-2012, 09:34 PM
What the fuck?

Sorry an apology won't cover for this, that agent should be gone.

aw, cmon conman, your backing down?
you running from your posistion?

Dont you know that lady might of been carrying liquid explosives in her breasts.

Noir
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
How could it not be real =/

I mean, I've never seen such a breast pump, but I imagine it looks like, ya know, a pump, how's that theatening?

Also I'm sure they have a room for 'full body searches" why on earth wasnt she taken to one of those =/

DragonStryk72
03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
How could it not be real =/

I mean, I've never seen such a breast pump, but I imagine it looks like, ya know, a pump, how's that theatening?

Also I'm sure they have a room for 'full body searches" why on earth wasnt she taken to one of those =/

Further question: Why would full bottles of milk be "proof" that it was a breast pump? I have a gallon of milk in the fridge, and I'm pretty sure I can pour it into a couple of bottles. that's the part that gets me, is that they flagged her because the bottles were empty, which is weird to me, since they don't want you carrying any liquids on the plane. It's like, "Your compliance with our regulations is proof of your guilt!"

PostmodernProphet
03-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I had to stand in front of the mirrors and the sinks and pump my breast in front of every tourist that walked into that bathroom.

women should insist their bathrooms have individual stalls like men's restrooms do........