PDA

View Full Version : Obama Warns Both Iran and Israel, 'I Don't Bluff'

Shadow
03-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Think they believe him? I don't.

President Barack Obama delivered his most explicit threat yet that the United States will attack Iran if that's what it takes to prevent it from developing a nuclear bomb. At the same time, he warned Israelis they would only make a bad situation worse if they moved pre-emptively against Iranian nuclear facilities.
The double-barreled warning, in an interview published Friday, came before Obama's high-stakes meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday and a speech Sunday to the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee, a powerful pro-Israeli lobby. Obama said an Israeli strike would stir sympathy for the Islamic republic in a region where it has few allies. But he made clearer than before that Iran could face attack from the United States.

"I think both the Iranian and the Israeli governments recognize that when the United States says it is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, we mean what we say," Obama told The Atlantic magazine. "I don't bluff."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-warns-iran-israel-bluff-15836725

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't think Iran cares what he thinks, nor Israel. Obama doesn't exactly scream "respect" when people hear or see him. He's a weak apologist. I do think though, that they fear our military and weaponry, and our clout with a few other important countries.

Gaffer
03-03-2012, 07:13 PM
If Israel strikes the arabs will unite behind iran. If they don't strike the arabs will think they are a weak puppet of the US and unite behind iran. The bama is well known for his bluffing and cow towing so his threats mean nothing to iran or the arabs. He just wants everything to be in place here before he kicks off the war.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 07:18 PM
What's he playin at? Another war in the making?

Shadow
03-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't think Iran cares what he thinks, nor Israel. Obama doesn't exactly scream "respect" when people hear or see him. He's a weak apologist. I do think though, that they fear our military and weaponry, and our clout with a few other important countries.

I definately agree that they view him as "weak"...that is why I think these tough guy remarks of his are silly to say the least. No doubt...they may fear the military...but I believe they probably also know the US government (led by Obama) will also work against itself and it's best interests (especially if public opinion turns on them). Just like they did with Iraq. Obama has no backbone.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't think these countries view the President or America as weak. I think you do. How much war can we wage?

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I wonder why I don't hear as much anti-war rhetoric (I heard ya, Rev!) from the left as we did when Bush was in office. You would think that if you are against wars, you're against wars. But there sure is a big difference in the "attitude in the air" when its a Democrat in office compared to when Republican. That's because so many of the anti-war kooks are Democrats, and par for the course, party comes first.

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't think these countries view the President or America as weak. I think you do. How much war can we wage?

Read news from around the world. Obama is scoffed at by more than any president, well since Clinton and his sexcapades. Even his muslim buddies are burning him in effigy in multiple countries.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Read news from around the world. Obama is scoffed at by more than any president, well since Clinton and his sexcapades. Even his muslim buddies are burning him in effigy in multiple countries.

He is not scoffed at MORE than any other American President. You forget how poorly Bush was viewed.

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
He is not scoffed at MORE than any other American President. You forget how poorly Bush was viewed.

Only from the anti-war kooks, the ones who are eerily silent about Obama and Libya and now working towards Iran.

Shadow
03-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Only from the anti-war kooks, the ones who are eerily silent about Obama and Libya and now working towards Iran.

Yeah...where have those loonies Code Pink and Vets for peace been since Obama has been in office anyway?

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 07:34 PM

Hmm.

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah...where have those loonies Code Pink and Vets for peace been since Obama has been in office anyway?

I guess they're relegated to a different Democrat agenda for now. My guess would be helping with the dipshits re-election campaign.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 07:40 PM
You have a problem with anti-war activism?

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 07:45 PM
You have a problem with anti-war activism?

Only when the activists complain about wars while Republicans are in office, and go silent when a Democrat is. Like Shadow said, maybe you can answer - where do YOU think Code Pink and all the others went to? Afghanistan is still going, we had libya and perhaps Iran. But the people who made nightly headlines while Bush was in office are barely to be seen if it all.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Only when the activists complain about wars while Republicans are in office, and go silent when a Democrat is. Like Shadow said, maybe you can answer - where do YOU think Code Pink and all the others went to? Afghanistan is still going, we had libya and perhaps Iran. But the people who made nightly headlines while Bush was in office are barely to be seen if it all.

I'm still here.

A prime concern right now is that Israel will seek to provoke some Iranian action that will incite a U.S. attack.
http://www.truth-out.org/what-are-irans-intentions/1330707877

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm still here.

A prime concern right now is that Israel will seek to provoke some Iranian action that will incite a U.S. attack.
http://www.truth-out.org/what-are-irans-intentions/1330707877

I'm talking about the major organizations, like Shadow said - code pink, vets for peace and a handful of other groups/organizations that were consistently on the news for having get togethers and marches. They're all but gone now that a Republican has left office.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm talking about the major organizations, like Shadow said - code pink, vets for peace and a handful of other groups/organizations that were consistently on the news for having get togethers and marches. They're all but gone now that a Republican has left office.

I wouldn't assume they aren't active. You must admit the Iraq War is winding down. Maybe they are between offensives.

Shadow
03-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Yeah...and don't forget all their idiotic attempts at a "citizens arrest".:rolleyes:

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't assume they aren't active. You must admit the Iraq War is winding down. Maybe they are between offensives.

They've been missing since 2008, that's 4 years!! When's the next offensive, when a Republican comes back to office? Please, you know damn well this proves they have a Democrat edge. These people went to GWB's ranch, the white house, congress, back to his ranch, the WH.... Then a Dem gets elected and the vacation started.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Maybe they all got lost at the Occupy Wall St.

Gaffer
03-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Same bunch, different name.

Wind Song
03-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Same bunch, different name.

Actually, that isn't true. There was a broad spectrum of people who felt moved to participate in OWS. Lots of very ordinary citizens.

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 08:07 PM

That's a good motto for the Dems - when we're in office, money is more important than lives!

jimnyc
03-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Actually, that isn't true. There was a broad spectrum of people who felt moved to participate in OWS. Lots of very ordinary citizens.

And homeless, and slobs, people shitting and pissing in the street, drug addicts, rapists.... Maybe a few decent folk passed on by, but the scum remained for the duration at most places.

Shadow
03-03-2012, 08:13 PM
And homeless, and slobs, people shitting and pissing in the street, drug addicts, rapists.... Maybe a few decent folk passed on by, but the scum remained for the duration at most places.

Thieves ripping off whatever valuables that were in sight...

Gaffer
03-03-2012, 08:15 PM

OWS was organized and promoted by the same people and groups that brought us the anti-war movements. Right up to polosi, reid and all the other misfits of congress. ACORN, renamed, is right in the middle of it. All the usual suspects are involved in OWS as they were in the anti-war shit. Same people, different names. They even act the same. If you can't see it it's because you chose not too.

Thunderknuckles
03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
The U.S. thinks in diplomatic terms of not wanting to make a bad situation worse. Israel thinks in terms of existing or not existing. In those terms, Israel will follow a U.S. President only so far, be they Republican or Democrat. When push comes to shove, Israel will do what is in their best interests to survive.
In short, Israel doesn't give a damn about Obama bluffing or not.

ConHog
03-03-2012, 09:47 PM
They've been missing since 2008, that's 4 years!! When's the next offensive, when a Republican comes back to office? Please, you know damn well this proves they have a Democrat edge. These people went to GWB's ranch, the white house, congress, back to his ranch, the WH.... Then a Dem gets elected and the vacation started.

You can guarantee one reason some of them are gone.

Like Bush or not, he was dignified enough not to engage such groups, let alone battle them. Obama? Not so much, he attacks anyone who publicly defies him and even sicks the government after em. I'd stay quiet to.

MtnBiker
03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
I do not think Obama bluffs, when he makes an apology he means it!

03-08-2012, 03:16 AM
If he has to say it, then it's not true.

Shadow
03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I do not think Obama bluffs, when he makes an apology he means it!

So true...never misses an opportunity to put America down.

PostmodernProphet
03-08-2012, 11:49 AM
what do you think will happen to Obama's re-election chances if Israel bombs Iran's nuclear facilities between now and November?.......

fj1200
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
That would depend on how well it goes.

logroller
03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I just got thinking, if someone were to bluff, might they say 'I don't bluff'?