PDA

View Full Version : Allan West for VP?

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 01:47 AM
I like this idea.

CSM
03-05-2012, 06:56 AM
I like West but I bet there isn't a liberal out there who would even consider it. I can hear/read the flames already!

fj1200
03-05-2012, 09:24 AM
No.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Why?

tailfins
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
He's too much of a loose cannon. Dimwit Wasserman-Sluts needs to be shouted down for her dirty tricks against Allan West, but sympathy doesn't translate into him being a competent leader. Rubio, Daniels, Pawlenty, Paul Ryan, and RAND Paul would all be good choices.

fj1200
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Too divisive, too tied to Iraq.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
You mean he knows too much about the mindset of the Muslims and might be effective in how to deal with the ME? Hmmmmmm..

fj1200
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
No, his claim to fame is Iraq and people don't like to be reminded about Iraq.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
No, his claim to fame is Iraq and people don't like to be reminded about Iraq.

You need to do more research on Col. West and what his claim to fame is and screw the people who don't want to be reminded of Iraq. Have we really reverted to a post-Vietnam type of thinking? That all soldiers were criminals. Seriously fj, you would nullify anyone that was/is a leader and has great leadership skills simply because he fought in Iraq?

That would mean anyone who was in the military for the last 10 years....again narrowing down our leadership base to pretty much non-military.

I think this reasoning is flawed.

Thunderknuckles
03-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I like West a lot but will agree with tailfins in that he can be a loose cannon. I'll also agree with fj on being tied to Iraq but not for being a veteran of the war but because of his actions during the interrogation incident for which he was charged. Might be too much baggage. I don't know. He's a risky choice at best.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I like West a lot but will agree with tailfins in that he can be a loose cannon. I'll also agree with fj on being tied to Iraq but not for being a veteran of the war but because of his actions during the interrogation incident for which he was charged. Might be too much baggage. I don't know. He's a risky choice at best.

Well, could he be worse than Biden when it comes to a loose cannon?

krisy
03-05-2012, 04:24 PM
How many people(other than liberals,who wouldn't vote for the R canidate anyway) might really be bothered by the interrogation incident?

revelarts
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
You'd guess he's a bit of a warmonger to me. Seem like a good Soul but reminds me of Bachman. And I think he needs 4 more years to season before he'd be ready. an

But when I say the thread I thought about ADAM West for VP.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUaWtCX_SprBS9HyoQNW3wv4IISd7VR AWbY1tQWntjn0Pv0F9-PQ

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
You'd guess he's a bit of a warmonger to me. Seem like a good Soul but reminds me of Bachman. And I think he needs 4 more years to season before he'd be ready.

So, by warmonger, do you mean someone that won't bow or be intimidated; someone who isn't into PC speech?

He could get his 4-8 years as the VP and then run for President. I think it's a great time for him.

gabosaurus
03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Too many skeletons in his closet. The Obama campaign would skin him alive.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Too many skeletons in his closet. The Obama campaign would skin him alive.

If someone like Obama, with all his skeletons can make it through, then I think West will do alright. At least he has a backbone and I think the lefties will realize he doesn't skin easily.

revelarts
03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
He could get his 4-8 years as the VP and then run for President. I think it's a great time for him.
mm maybe, I'd still like to see more congressional time. VP time is weird, A cabinet post he'd do more if you looking at making him high profile but effective at somthing i think.

So, by warmonger, do you mean someone that won't bow or be intimidated; someone who isn't into PC speech?
umm noo,
What you described is lets see.... doesn't bow, not intimidated, someone not into PC speech. Sounds like RON PAUL!!

Gaffer
03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
I like West. The left will and do absolutely hate him and fear him. I fully agree with his interrogation method and support what he did. He was right in how he handled it and it's not really baggage. If that's the best they can do then they will have a rough time making him look bad. Anyone that doesn't like his methods needs to look into getting a backbone and a set of gonads.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
I like West. The left will and do absolutely hate him and fear him. I fully agree with his interrogation method and support what he did. He was right in how he handled it and it's not really baggage. If that's the best they can do then they will have a rough time making him look bad. Anyone that doesn't like his methods needs to look into getting a backbone and a set of gonads.

What he said!

:salute:

Thunderknuckles
03-05-2012, 06:21 PM
If someone like Obama, with all his skeletons can make it through, then I think West will do alright. At least he has a backbone and I think the lefties will realize he doesn't skin easily.
There is no doubt the man does not skin easily. He's a bit like Gov. Christie in this respect and lots of people like Christie for that.
Again, I like West and hope to see more of him in the coming years. I think I most agree with Rev in that he probably needs a few more years to season.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM
There is no doubt the man does not skin easily. He's a bit like Gov. Christie in this respect and lots of people like Christie for that.
Again, I like West and hope to see more of him in the coming years. I think I most agree with Rev in that he probably needs a few more years to season.

Why must West have more legislative experience under his belt? We've seen what years in Congress do to a person. I advocate we put someone in there that hasn't had time to be corrupted, not that he could be. Just saying.

CSM
03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Why must West have more legislative experience under his belt? We've seen what years in Congress do to a person. I advocate we put someone in there that hasn't had time to be corrupted, not that he could be. Just saying.

Be careful ... we have a president who did not spend years in congress and you can judge for yourself just how well he is doing. just sayin ....

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Be careful ... we have a president who did not spend years in congress and you can judge for yourself just how well he is doing. just sayin ....

I guess I equate military experience higher on the scale than being a junior congressman. Just saying.....

fj1200
03-05-2012, 10:34 PM
You need to do more research on Col. West and what his claim to fame is and screw the people who don't want to be reminded of Iraq. Have we really reverted to a post-Vietnam type of thinking? That all soldiers were criminals. Seriously fj, you would nullify anyone that was/is a leader and has great leadership skills simply because he fought in Iraq?

That would mean anyone who was in the military for the last 10 years....again narrowing down our leadership base to pretty much non-military.

I think this reasoning is flawed.

Maybe so but I can't think of one qualification off the top of my head more than he speaks his mind. I never said all soldiers were criminals but certainly not all soldiers took heavy grief, and he will take a LOT more if he goes national, over actions similar to West. And the people who don't want to be reminded are the ones who are going to be voting so screwing them is a touch counterproductive. He brings about zero to a Romney ticket in terms of winning a state or a group of voters or...

Besides, you've not exactly espoused his qualifications much other than understanding the Muslim mindset.

Well, could he be worse than Biden when it comes to a loose cannon?

The difference is the media will ignore Biden's gaffs but West would be on a permanent laugh track for the entire time up to November for anything he says that slightly wanders out of line. It'll be Palin writ large especially if they're in danger of winning.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Maybe so but I can't think of one qualification off the top of my head more than he speaks his mind. I never said all soldiers were criminals but certainly not all soldiers took heavy grief, and he will take a LOT more if he goes national, over actions similar to West. And the people who don't want to be reminded are the ones who are going to be voting so screwing them is a touch counterproductive. He brings about zero to a Romney ticket in terms of winning a state or a group of voters or...

Besides, you've not exactly espoused his qualifications much other than understanding the Muslim mindset.

The difference is the media will ignore Biden's gaffs but West would be on a permanent laugh track for the entire time up to November for anything he says that slightly wanders out of line. It'll be Palin writ large especially if they're in danger of winning.

Some day we will get past letting the media make our decisions....no wonder we are so far down the road to failure.

At the current time I believe he is serving on the Committee of Armed Services, specifically the Emerging Threats and Capabilities and the Committee on Small Business.

You can go here if you truly are interested in his qualifications:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)

fj1200
03-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Not much there for someone you wish to be Veep.

SassyLady
03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Not much there for someone you wish to be Veep.

Are you serious? Compared to Obama and/or Biden?

fj1200
03-05-2012, 11:53 PM
That's not the relevant comparison right now is it? And my "not much there" referred to the link not him necessarily. What are his views? What are his qualifications? What does he bring to get elected? You opened the thread with not much information other than you "like the idea."

SassyLady
03-06-2012, 01:01 AM
That's not the relevant comparison right now is it? And my "not much there" referred to the link not him necessarily. What are his views? What are his qualifications? What does he bring to get elected? You opened the thread with not much information other than you "like the idea."

Here's three:

Has a backbone.
Takes pride in America.
Clear opposition to Obama's plan to raise the cost of benefits to Vets and their families.

"It is unconscionable, utterly disrespectful and obviously evidences the disdain the Obama administration has for our warriors, to whom he should apologize," said Rep. Allen West, R-Plantation.

West, a retired Army colonel, added that the Obama plan -- which does not raise the rates on unionized civilian employees in the Defense Department -- is larded with politics.

"President Obama believes health care should be free for his union cronies and entitlement-centered political base, but not for those exceptional men and women who serve or have served to keep us free," West complained.

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/barack-obama-health-care-hikes-hit-military-spare-unions-vets-vow-fight

SassyLady
03-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Two more things I like about him:

Energy independence and stopping the flow of illegal immigration.

I also like his motto:

Restoring American Exceptionalism

I don't know what else you want me to say about him.....I like his moxie.

As a 22-year United States Army veteran who commanded troops in combat, one should never underestimate my ability to be a strategic thinker. My voice for the restoration of constitutional principles for our Republic shall continue to resonate through Florida and on Capitol Hill.
https://www.allenwestforcongress.com/news/2012-01-31/congressman-allen-west-announces-reelection-proposed-18th-congressional-district

darin
03-06-2012, 05:53 AM
West has a form of leadership foreign to many. The lessons learned; the excellence generally required to be a Battalion Commander would absolutely blow the mind of folks outside military communities.

When Field Grade officers retire from Military service, they leave service as generally high capable; able to absolutely GET SHIT DONE.

I like Mr. West's attitude. I'd like to see him as President some day, with a retired Command Sergeant Major as VP.

:)

SassyLady
03-06-2012, 01:06 PM
West has a form of leadership foreign to many. The lessons learned; the excellence generally required to be a Battalion Commander would absolutely blow the mind of folks outside military communities.

When Field Grade officers retire from Military service, they leave service as generally high capable; able to absolutely GET SHIT DONE.

I like Mr. West's attitude. I'd like to see him as President some day, with a retired Command Sergeant Major as VP.

:)

I know a few of these!

CSM
03-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I know a few of these!

Me too!

Thunderknuckles
03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
He brings about zero to a Romney ticket in terms of winning a state or a group of voters or...
I wonder if he would have any significant impact on black voters going with a Republican ticket?
I know it wouldn't have much of an effect on the overall general voting numbers but I am curious.

SassyLady
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I wonder if he would have any significant impact on black voters going with a Republican ticket?
I know it wouldn't have much of an effect on the overall general voting numbers but I am curious.

Something to consider ... perhaps pull some of the voters that voted for Obama simply because of his race....give them more options.

fj1200
03-06-2012, 08:35 PM

Absolutely zero. Blacks don't vote race they vote party.