PDA

View Full Version : McCain calls for U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria

jimnyc
03-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Oh boy, this along with Afghanistan, Libya & bad blood with Iran. I can't wait to see where this leads, and if it gets any traction, I can't wait to see the "Bush haters" come out of the woodwork and remain consistent, NOT.

Saying "the time has come for a new policy" in Syria, veteran Republican Sen. John McCain called Monday for U.S.-led airstrikes on President Bashar al-Assad's forces in an effort to protect civilians from a bloody yearlong crackdown by the regime.

"The United States should lead an international effort to protect key population centers in Syria, especially in the north, through airstrikes on Assad's forces," McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in a speech on the Senate floor.

"To be clear: This will require the United States to suppress enemy air defense in at least part of the country," said McCain, who has repeatedly called in recent weeks and months for a stepped-up U.S. effort to protect Syrian civilians.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mccain-calls-u-led-airstrikes-syria-203424110.html

logroller
03-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeaaaaa! More war.:rolleyes: I'm writing in McCain.

03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
McCain needs to just retire. We have no reason to be in Syria.