PDA

View Full Version : Forum Etiquette

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:02 PM
One of the staunchest rules of forum etiquette is not posting personal information about another poster. Even if that poster has all but drawn a map to his house, posting a real name or address is considered grounds for a permanent ISP (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-isp.htm) ban on most forums. This could compromise someone's safety.

This is probably the most serious breach of forum etiquette and most moderators take it very seriously.

logroller
03-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Well you're certainly entitled to an opinion; and one can give it whatever weight they so desire. However, I believe the Supreme Court of the United States has determined that disclosing one's name is not a violation of US privacy law. If a moderator wants to enforce a more stringent rule solely within the context of the forum, they can do so at their own discretion. Thanks for posting though :thumb:

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh please, get over it, I called you by your first name. My apologies. But it's far from stalking, harassment or giving out directions to your house, wherever the fuck you live. I call many people on this board by their first names at times, once they tell me what it is. Generally I do so in a respectful manner, but for you I did it to poke fun at you, because you're an idiot.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:19 PM
And I'm unsure why you would place this in a "legal" forum. Even divulging your entire name, address and anything else that is considered "public information" is legal.

logroller
03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh please, get over it, I called you by your first name. My apologies. But it's far from stalking, harassment or giving out directions to your house, wherever the fuck you live. I call many people on this board by their first names at times, once they tell me what it is. Generally I do so in a respectful manner, but for you I did it to poke fun at you, because you're an idiot.

And actually, I believe all the admins have had their first names disclosed; no?

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Well you're certainly entitled to an opinion; and one can give it whatever weight they so desire. However, I believe the Supreme Court of the United States has determined that disclosing one's name is not a violation of US privacy law. If a moderator wants to enforce a more stringent rule solely within the context of the forum, they can do so at their own discretion. Thanks for posting though :thumb:
Most forums do not allow members to disclose personal information including real names. The fact that a moderator, who has access to real names and email addresses, would so casually post that kind of information without permission in a forum is an abuse of power.

Most forums take care to protect their members privacy. Most forums don't have moderators that are this sloppy.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
And actually, I believe all the admins have had their first names disclosed; no?

MtnBiker - Dan
dmp - Darin
jimnyc - Jim/James/Dickhead

Not sure about Avatar, if he ever did so or not.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Most forums do not allow members to disclose personal information including real names. The fact that a moderator, who has access to real names and email addresses, would so casually post that kind of information without permission in a forum is an abuse of power.

Most forums take care to protect their members privacy.

YOU signed that name to me when you sent me a message about 5 months back. Sue me for having a good memory. I have no access to real names, only email addresses, which I haven't provided.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:25 PM
YOU signed that name to me when you sent me a message about 5 months back. Sue me for having a good memory. I have no access to real names, only email addresses, which I haven't provided.

You disclosed private information that I had not and would not have shared on open forum.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
You disclosed private information that I sent you from a PM in the open forum. What's next?

Next I tell everyone just how low your IQ really is.

logroller
03-07-2012, 02:29 PM

Most people find it a breach of etiquette to openly discuss their sexual lifestyle...but such is the power of freedom.

jimnyc
You disclosed private information that I had not and would not have shared on open forum.

You'll survive this calamity. You have my sincere apologies. Most people that divulge their first names don't give a crap if you use it or not.

Wind Song
Next I tell everyone just how low your IQ really is.
You don't have that information. I haven't given it to you.

You abused your position. You should not have disclosed my real name.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:30 PM

No, that had nothing to do with my "position". You signed your name, I used your name.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
No, that had nothing to do with my "position". You signed your name, I used your name.
You had no business using any of my personal information from PM in open forum.

As a moderator, you should be held to a higher standard of conduct.

I never disclose personal info shared in a PM with the forum. Why even have a PM function if the PMs aren't private?

Most forums have this rule:

Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information. This includes the posting contents of emails and private messages without the sender's consent.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
You had no business using any of my personal information from PM in open forum.

Haven't we addressed this already in like the past 5 posts? Are you just going to continue to repeat yourself, as if using your name will magically become the crime of the century. Get over yourself, no one gives a flying fuck what your name is anyway. And I already explained I didn't think you would get pissed, and apologized. If that ain't good enough for you, eat shit.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Haven't we addressed this already in like the past 5 posts? Are you just going to continue to repeat yourself, as if using your name will magically become the crime of the century. Get over yourself, no one gives a flying fuck what your name is anyway. And I already explained I didn't think you would get pissed, and apologized. If that ain't good enough for you, eat shit.

I haven't seen an apology. If you have and I missed it, thank you. I hope you protect members privacy in the future.

Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information. This includes the posting contents of emails and private messages without the sender's consent.

ConHog
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM

Jim can be a dick at at times when get gets mad, but you can be a mighty bitch at times to.

Disclosing your name is NOT abusing his "power" as admin. I've never seen Jim abuse his "power." It might however be a small breach of the rule against posting information gained in a PM. a VERY minor one however, and you know it. A simple response of "well I may have told you my name, but you told me all about your 2 inch dick" would have been more appropriate than a whine.

and funnier to, by my count that would have been 55 women in the last month who posted about Jim's 2" pecker. :laugh2:

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Jim can be a dick at at times when get gets mad, but you can be a mighty bitch at times to.

Disclosing your name is NOT abusing his "power" as admin. I've never seen Jim abuse his "power." It might however be a small breach of the rule against posting information gained in a PM. a VERY minor one however, and you know it. A simple response of "well I may have told you my name, but you told me all about your 2 inch dick" would have been more appropriate than a whine.

and funnier to, by my count that would have been 55 women in the last month who posted about Jim's 2" pecker. :laugh2:

Disclosing information from PM's is an abuse of admin power.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I haven't seen an apology. If you have and I missed it, thank you. I hope you protect members privacy in the future.

And some don't allow deviant queers either. What's your point? Your email hasn't been disclosed, nor your full name, nor IP address, nor any other crap you can stretch this into. Now please, STFU already, all you're doing is drawing more attention to yourself. Kinda funny actually.

logroller
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM

Most forums take care to protect their members privacy. Most forums don't have moderators that are this sloppy.

I think you're getting a little too upset over this personally, its just a first name-- mine's David. Doesn't really expose my privacy to greatly IMHO. There's a lot of other davids in the world, and I'm guessing there's another one on this site-- but there's only one logroller here!
So what brings you here; if there is such a plethora of superbly moderated forums?
I honestly want to know-- I've never frequented any other forum.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Disclosing information from PM's is an abuse of admin power.

Oh please, it's nothing to do with being an admin. Now again, please, just STFU.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh please, it's nothing to do with being an admin. Now again, please, just STFU.

Use of bigoted slurs and the N word?

Your comment.

Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs, or post, or any other offensive material.

And this one:

Do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Is your name used openly on USMB, of which I am a member of?

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Is your name used openly on USMB, of which I am a member of?

No, it isn't.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM
No, it isn't.

So you won't mind me placing links here where your name is used freely on USMB?

logroller
03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
No, it isn't.
So I couldn't find one instance of your first name used on another forum. Somehow I doubt that...its not that unique.

ConHog
03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Use of bigoted slurs and the N word?

Your comment.

Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs, or post, or any other offensive material.

And this one:

Do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.

Nigger please you're being dumb here.

Disclosing your first name from a PM is NOT an abuse of admin . If you wrote to me and told me your first name , I could just as easily post it on the board as Jim did. Now what WOULD have been an abuse is if as I suggested you made a joke about Jim telling you about his 2" dick and he banned you for disclosing PMs when he himself did it. Jim doesn't play that game. Not that I've seen anyway. There are some mods and admins on various boards who do that shit, but that's not Jim.

By the way les, my first name is Aaron , good luck finding me. Here I'll one better , I live in Arkansas. That narrows it down to about 15,000 and some change people.

Sheesh

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:49 PM
So I couldn't find one instance of your first name used on another forum. Somehow I doubt that...its not that unique.

Her friend, or enemy, named "Kat" calls her that over on USMB, and I don't see her complaining over there. I guess she gave her permission. But if you don't mind it, and give permission, than why whine here?

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I do not disclose my real personal identity on forums. Most forums protect privacy.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Her friend, or enemy, named "Kat" calls her that over on USMB, and I don't see her complaining over there. I guess she gave her permission. But if you don't mind it, and give permission, than why whine here?
Nope. Catzmeow was banned from a forum for her use of personal information gleaned in PM's.

ConHog

Same reason some posters are known by an abbreviated version of their long screen name , but go ape shit crazy when one of the "unapproved" use the same . Bitches be crazy Jim, accept it and move on.:laugh2:

logroller
Nigger please you're being dumb here.

Disclosing your first name from a PM is NOT an abuse of admin . If you wrote to me and told me your first name , I could just as easily post it on the board as Jim did. Now what WOULD have been an abuse is if as I suggested you made a joke about Jim telling you about his 2" dick and he banned you for disclosing PMs when he himself did it. Jim doesn't play that game. Not that I've seen anyway. There are some mods and admins on various boards who do that shit, but that's not Jim.

By the way les, my first name is Aaron , good luck finding me. Here I'll one better , I live in Arkansas. That narrows it down to about 15,000 and some change people.

Sheesh

Hey, FYI--you left back porch light on.:laugh2:

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I do not disclose my real personal identity on forums. Most forums protect privacy.

It's already been mentioned by regular members here that you are/were "Sky Dancer" from USMB, who gets called "Dorothy" over there as well.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Nope. Catzmeow was banned from a forum for her use of personal information gleaned in PM's.

No, this is just "Kat", and the account is not banned.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM

I have never given anyone permission to use my real name on a forum.

logroller
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
What's more personal an identity than your sexual preference-- and you wear that like a badge of pride. or is that not real?

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
No, this is just "Kat", and the account is not banned.
I have NEVER given any poster permission to use my real name on a forum.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
What's more personal than your sexual preference-- and you wear that like badge of pride.

My real name, my address, my phone number, etc etc.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
I have never given anyone permission to use my real name on a forum.

Then don't tell people you post with your name, and don't allow it to be openly used on another forum, especially of the same topic - case you haven't noticed, word travels.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
It's already been mentioned by regular members here that you are/were "Sky Dancer" from USMB, who gets called "Dorothy" over there as well.

Nobody has every called me by real name on open forum at USMB.

Most forums do not even permit the use of the former screen names used on other forums, like Sky Dancer.

ConHog
03-07-2012, 02:55 PM

What the fuck are you whining about here? Let me tell you about a REAL violation of mod "powers" Dorothy. On another board one of the mods gave my IP and email address to a person who is was and is known to hate me. That person used that information to try to get me in trouble with my The Arkansas National Guard, my IP provider, AND my wife.

If and when Jim puts up with someone doing that OR does it himself, I'll be off this board before you can blink. I don't think that will happen though.

jimnyc
I'll let you have the last say, retard, so have your say and I'm closing this up. My head hurts from you saying the same fucking thing over and over.

jimnyc
Nobody has every called me by real name on open forum at USMB.

I'm looking at it right now, and the member who said it was "Kat". I'll send the link to CH for independent verification...

logroller
03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
My real name, my address, my phone number, etc etc.
]yes, combined that constitutes an identity. Your first name though..not so much.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Then don't tell people you post with your name, and don't allow it to be openly used on another forum, especially of the same topic - case you haven't noticed, word travels.
Don't disclose personal information shared in a PM without that persons expressed permission.

I have NEVER allowed my real name to be openly used on ANY forum.

ConHog
03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey, FYI--you left back porch light on.:laugh2:

If you ever make it to Arkansas , you can come in through the front door, like a welcomed guest my friend.

I'd have Jim come through the back door in deference to his preferences. :lol:

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Link of it being used openly sent to CH.

ConHog
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Link of it being used openly sent to CH.

hmmmm

Windy, Kat DID call you Skydancer/Dorothy and you didn't utter ANY objections.

Abbey Marie
03-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Wait, so telling us you like sex with another woman is open info, but your first name is private?

logroller
03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
If you ever make it to Arkansas , you can come in through the front door, like a welcomed guest my friend.

I'd have Jim come through the back door in deference to his preferences. :lol:

Funny story. A good buddy of mine went to visit someone in Arkansas; but his friend wasn't home and told him to just go in, have beer, and he'd be home shortly. So he did. Only 45 minutes after arriving he heard the door open and it wasn't his friend-- he had the wrong house. The people were super polite, understanding of the honest mistake, even let him finish his beer before giving him a ride to his friend's actual house.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Funny story. A good buddy of mine went to visit someone in Arkansas; but his friend wasn't home and told him to just go in, have beer, and he'd be home shortly. So he did. Only 45 minutes after arriving he heard the door open and it wasn't his friend-- he had the wrong house. The people were super polite, understanding of the honest mistake, even let him finish his beer before giving him a ride to his friend's actual house.

That's funny as hell. Hope he paid for the beer!

ConHog
03-07-2012, 03:11 PM

LOL that's why I love the Ozark Mountains. THe people may not be as educated overall as some places, but you won't find more friendly people.

Gaffer
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
WS is a full blown liberal nutcase. She seems to think there is some sort of internet police and thought police that she can report things too that she doesn't like. She pretends to be offended at everything posted on this board and wants to somehow censor what is said here cause she doesn't agree with it.

WS, your not going to change anything here. Your not going to recruit anyone. If you don't like what's said here, don't come here. There are plenty of leftie boards around where you can plot and skeem about conservatives and how to silence them. Your whining and complaining is not going to change Jim's policies. He believes in free speech, while you believe in controlling speech you don't like. Just like a true liberal you like to blow things out of proportion.

Is your name really Dorthy, or is it Judy or Denise or George? It's the internet. You could be anybody. Is that your picture in your avatar? Or maybe you look more like the bearded dude DMP was using. I have a name for you that incorporates all your qualities as a poster. SILLY GOOSE.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
WS is a full blown liberal nutcase. She seems to think there is some sort of internet police and thought police that she can report things too that she doesn't like. She pretends to be offended at everything posted on this board and wants to somehow censor what is said here cause she doesn't agree with it.

WS, your not going to change anything here. Your not going to recruit anyone. If you don't like what's said here, don't come here. There are plenty of leftie boards around where you can plot and skeem about conservatives and how to silence them. Your whining and complaining is not going to change Jim's policies. He believes in free speech, while you believe in controlling speech you don't like. Just like a true liberal you like to blow things out of proportion.

Is your name really Dorthy, or is it Judy or Denise or George? It's the internet. You could be anybody. Is that your picture in your avatar? Or maybe you look more like the bearded dude DMP was using. I have a name for you that incorporates all your qualities as a poster. SILLY GOOSE.

Bottom line. Don't disclose private information from PM's on open forum.

Read your own rules:

Any communication between members and/or staff via the private message system will remain private. Discussing of PM's on the forum without explicit permission will result in disciplinary action.

My name was posted in a PM. I did NOT give ANYONE permission to use it in open forum.

Your own moderators don't abide by the rules.

Gaffer
03-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Bottom line. Don't disclose private information from PM's on open forum.

Bottom line, there's nothing you can do about it.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Bottom line, there's nothing you can do about it.

I won't be silent about it.

I won't be silent about his use of bigoted slurs. The term, "dyke" for lesbian, is as offensive to a lesbian as the N word is to an African American.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM

I won't be silent about his use of bigoted slurs.

Shut up, stupid.

Trigg
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
57 posts bitching about the use of her name, uptight much :lame2:

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
57 posts bitching about the use of her name, uptight much :lame2:

And not a peep about her name when it was used on another forum. She's just looking for a reason to bitch.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Shut up, stupid.

The term, "dyke" for lesbian, is as offensive to a lesbian as the N word is to an African American.

jimnyc
The term, "dyke" for lesbian, is as offensive to a lesbian as the N word is to an African American.

I don't give a shit, dyke.

MtnBiker
Odd, reading through this thread, I can't help but hear Al Sharpton squaking through a bullhorn about some trumped up personal injustice.

Oh, distraction. A key element in the liberal mantra.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
And not a peep about her name when it was used on another forum. She's just looking for a reason to bitch.
It was used once, and the person who used it was banned from the forum for disclosing personal information.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
It was used once, and the person who used it was banned from the forum for disclosing personal information.

And yet it remains there, for public view, and no complaint from you.

Wind Song
Odd, reading through this thread, I can't help but hear Al Sharpton squaking through a bullhorn about some trumped up personal injustice.

Oh, distraction. A key element in the liberal mantra.

Guess what? I could care less what you think. You're the same people who put up with moderators breaking your own rules.

Wind Song

No, it doesn't.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Guess what? I could care less what you think. You're the same people who put up with moderators breaking your own rules.

It's "I COULDN'T care less", stupid.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:18 PM
No, it doesn't.

So Conhog is lying about it now too?

MtnBiker
03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
It's "I COULDN'T care less", stupid.

Maybe she cares a little bit and could care less. :laugh:

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:20 PM
hmmmm

Windy, Kat DID call you Skydancer/Dorothy and you didn't utter ANY objections.

No, it doesn't.

Yep, it is, you're just emotional and delusional.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Yep, it is, you're just emotional and delusional.

No, it isn't.

You regularly censor my posts, and yet, you cannot personally refrain from using hate speech yourself.

I don't use hate speech, but you do.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:22 PM
No, it isn't.

You regularly censor my posts, and yet, you cannot personally refrain from using hate speech yourself.

I don't use hate speech, but you do.

Whatever you say, Dorothy.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Whatever you say, Dorothy.

Hate speech includes the use of slurs. Do you use the N word too?

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Hate speech includes the use of slurs.

Sue me.

MtnBiker
03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
No kidding. By the way have you ever noticed that you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
No kidding. By the way have you ever noticed that you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.
I really think you should close this thread before I challenge either of you anymore. :laugh:

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I really think you should close this thread before I challenge either of you anymore. :laugh:

You are free to do your queer whining in this thread, but you aren't going to spam the forum with thread after thread on the same subject. This applies to ALL members.

MtnBiker
03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Anymore? when is it going to start?

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Anymore? when is it going to start?

Pssssst... Wing Nut actually believes she has some intelligence, and that she actually "debates" with others. :lol:

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Pssssst... Wing Nut actually believes she has some intelligence, and that she actually "debates" with others. :lol:
You can't leave me alone, can you?

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Just saw a new ava...a picture somewhere. YuK!!! :puke:

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
You can't leave me alone, can you?

Yeah, ok. Stupid.

Gaffer
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM

I won't be silent about his use of bigoted slurs. The term, "dyke" for lesbian, is as offensive to a lesbian as the N word is to an African American.

How about butch dyke? A queer is a queer, male or female. There are many names for homo's, I use them all to show my disdain for them. There is no such thing as African American. There are black or brown Americans but they are all Americans. That's just a politically correct term created by the MSM to placate niggers. A few good examples of niggers would be jesse jackson, al sharpton and charlie rangel.

I'm not afraid of words and I use them as I see fit.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:32 PM
You censored me for using the same terms you use, hypocrite.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:32 PM
How about butch dyke? A queer is a queer, male or female. There are many names for homo's, I use them all to show my disdain for them. There is no such thing as African American. There are black or brown Americans but they are all Americans. That's just a politically correct term created by the MSM to placate niggers. A few good examples of niggers would be jesse jackson, al sharpton and charlie rangel.

I'm not afraid of words and I use them as I see fit.

She gets mad about me calling her a dyke, while in another thread she refers to herself as a "lipstick lesbian".

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
You censored me for using the same terms you use, hypocrite.

Talk to Darin if you have an issue with your ban from the other day, but not a single person posting right now has ever "censored" you. You were simply asked to keep your repeated threads to just one, but you're welcome to say what you wish. Stupid.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Talk to Darin if you have an issue with your ban from the other day, but not a single person posting right now has ever "censored" you. You were simply asked to keep your repeated threads to just one, but you're welcome to say what you wish. Stupid.
You have repeatedly censored me today, and now you are lying about it. Sad.

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
She gets mad about me calling her a dyke, while in another thread she refers to herself as a "lipstick lesbian".
"Dyke" is a bigoted slur. It's as negative a slur to a lesbian as "nigger" is to an African American.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
You have repeatedly censored me today, and now you are lying about it. Sad.

And you're an ugly bull dyke, and a hypocritical liar, as you've been allowed to post your crap all day long. But this one is about to be closed up, then you might have to find a few brain cells to post in "normal" threads.

jimnyc
03-07-2012, 04:36 PM
"Dyke" is a bigoted slur. It's as negative a slur to a lesbian as "nigger" is to an African American.

Thanks for the tip!

Wind Song
03-07-2012, 04:37 PM
And you're an ugly bull dyke, and a hypocritical liar, as you've been allowed to post your crap all day long. But this one is about to be closed up, then you might have to find a few brain cells to post in "normal" threads.

Tell me exactly what makes me an "ugly bull dyke". I'm quite interested. Please describe in detail.

Looks? Uppity attitude?

darin
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3350&stc=1