PDA

View Full Version : Can A Muslim be a Good American?

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I know ive posted there somewhere before, but not as a tomic and think it would be a good topic for debate.

CAN A MUSLIM BE A GOOD AMERICAN?

This is something I've wondered about for some time now: How & why do the Muslims hate us & everyone else so much? Doesn't their God teach them to love?

Can a good Muslim be a good American?

I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for
20 years.

The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2: 256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars ; of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do &g t; not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names .

Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.

If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country a nd our future.

Pass it on, Fellow Americans.

:salute: The war is bigger than we know or understand:salute:

Roomy
05-19-2007, 03:19 PM
No, not really, Americanism and Islam are more than worlds apart.What do you think? And then try to correlate what you think to what the majority think, then you 'might' have an answer, an answer, not necessarily the right answer, but an answer, nontheless.:laugh2:

Nienna
05-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I think a Muslim could be a good American... if he wasn't a good Muslim. :)

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I think a Muslim could be a good American... if he wasn't a good Muslim. :)

Or if he didn't follow ANY Muslim beliefs.

Nienna
05-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Or if he didn't follow ANY Muslim beliefs.

Kind of like politicians who claim to be Catholic, but vote for pro-abortion bills? :)

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Kind of like politicians who claim to be Catholic, but vote for pro-abortion bills? :)

They vote for pro abortion because they believe it's a womans body, it's her choice.

Roomy
05-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I like Muslims.........so long as they shut the fuck up and convert to athiesm:laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I like Muslims.........so long as they shut the fuck up and convert to athiesm:laugh2:

I like Muslims too, as long as they are not breathing.:laugh2:

Nienna
05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
They vote for pro abortion because they believe it's a womans body, it's her choice.

Yes, THEY believe that. However the Catholic Church does not. Therefore, these "Catholics" are "not very good Catholics." My point was that, like these politicians, it is possible to belong to a religion in name only. And if that was the case with a certain Muslim, he might make an all-right American.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes, THEY believe that. However the Catholic Church does not. Therefore, these "Catholics" are "not very good Catholics." My point was that, like these politicians, it is possible to belong to a religion in name only. And if that was the case with a certain Muslim, he might make an all-right American.

You also have to remember that the church has a history of opressing women.

5stringJeff
05-19-2007, 05:09 PM
I know ive posted there somewhere before, but not as a tomic and think it would be a good topic for debate.

Even without reading your excellent post, I would have to say no, a good Muslim cannot be a good American. The two are mutually exclusive.

Said1
05-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow, what a rude awakening. A few of the opinions/comments in this thread are seriously sickening, mean and disheartening. A real disappointment. Is this me being overly tolerant? So be it.

Nienna
05-19-2007, 05:12 PM
You also have to remember that the church has a history of opressing women.

LOL! You also have to remember that the topic is "Can a Muslim be a good American"?

:D

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow, what a rude awakening. A few of the opinions/comments in this thread are seriously sickening, mean and disheartening. A real disappointment. Is this me being overly tolerant? So be it.

Before you get to dissapointed, I want you to think back to September 11, 2001. Think back to all the men, women, children and babies who lost their lives. I find that really sickening and your comment basically supporting Muslims is a dissapointment.:salute:

Said1
05-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Before you get to dissapointed, I want you to think back to September 11, 2001. Think back to all the men, women, children and babies who lost their lives. I find that really sickening and your comment basically supporting Muslims is a dissapointment.:salute:

Too fucken bad.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Too fucken bad.

Yes it is, I think your living in the wrong country.

5stringJeff
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes it is, I think your living in the wrong country.

FYI, Said1 is Canadian.

Doniston
05-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow, what a rude awakening. A few of the opinions/comments in this thread are seriously sickening, mean and disheartening. A real disappointment. Is this me being overly tolerant? So be it. I agree, those posts are utterly sickening. I can understand it with Roomy, but I an a bit disappointed with the other.

Gaffer
05-19-2007, 07:14 PM
A true muslim lives under shea law. Not the Constitution. A true muslim believes women are subhuman, a true muslim believes all infidels must convert or die. A true muslim believes the world must be dominated by islam at any cost. A true muslim cannot be an American.

A muslim that doesn't practice his religion or changes his religion is an apostate and is subject to be killed.

allah is not GOD. allah is not love. There is no love taught in islam, only hatred and death.

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 01:27 PM
"Can A Muslim be a Good American?"

As a born and bred UK resident, I can only retort with...

"Are the racists who've posted in this thread fit to be called Americans let alone human beings?"

I think not! :(

I've lived through a period in time when the IRA (American funded) has blown the poop out of and tortured my fellow countrymen. The cowardice of the IRA led them to hide behind the label of Catholicism.

Do I hate all Catholics as a result? Hell no!

Do I hate all Americans on the grounds that the corrupt administration that many of them voted for and actively supported for many years openly paid for these activities? Nope.

Neither do I consider all Americans to be childish ignorant biggots, despite the fact that a lot of people on this forum act as though they are.

I sometimes wonder if the word "tolerance" exists within the American vocabulary.

Grow up, get a life, and get a real education.

Bulldog.

Yurt
05-20-2007, 01:48 PM

"Are the racists who've posted in this thread fit to be called Americans let alone human beings?"

I've lived through a period in time when the IRA (American funded) has blown the poop out of and tortured my fellow countrymen. The cowardice of the IRA led them to hide behind the label of Catholicism.

Do I hate all Americans on the grounds that the corrupt administration that many of them voted for and actively supported for many years openly paid for these activities? Nope.

Neither do I consider all Americans to be childish ignorant biggots, despite the fact that a lot of people on this forum act as though they are.

I sometimes wonder if the word "tolerance" exists within the American vocabulary.

Bulldog.

Nothing racist about it. Ask a muslim they will say the same thing. Being american is antithesis to being muslim. They live here, but consider themselves NOT americans, but muslim. Get your facts straight there buddy

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 01:59 PM
They live here, but consider themselves NOT americans, but muslim. Get your facts straight there buddy

I fail to see any logic in this statement whatsoever.

"American" is a national designation. "Muslim" is a religion.

We have similar problems on our side of the pond, but they're almost always triggered by people's intolerance and lack of understanding of what is meant by the words "nationality" and "faith".

Bulldog.

Yurt
05-20-2007, 02:02 PM
I fail to see any logic in this statement whatsoever.

"American" is a national designation. "Muslim" is a religion.

We have similar problems on our side of the pond, but they're almost always triggered by people's intolerance and lack of understanding of what is meant by the words "nationality" and "faith".

Bulldog.

If a muslim were to tell you that a muslim is not and cannot be an american, would you believe me? It matters not your thinking, it is THEIR thinking I am talking about. Why do you think they try to set up their own laws in every country they immigrate to? Muslims do not consider themselves anything but muslim. It is against their religion to be "american."

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 02:17 PM
But if they're living in your country, carrying one of your passports, and paying your taxes, then they're American regardless of whether they or you think they are or not. LOL

It's a simple matter of definition.

I wouldn't feel the need to ridicule or persecute someone on the grounds that they choose to live their life by their own beliefs. That's unconstitutional.

A very small percentage of these people have radical tendencies, as do a small percentage of Catholics, Protestants, etc.

The vast majority of the Muslims I've met in the UK manage to adhere to their faith and be proud of calling themselves British citizens.

Just my 2 pence (4 cents).

Bulldog.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 02:48 PM

This is something I've wondered about for some time now: How & why do the Muslims hate us & everyone else so much? Doesn't their God teach them to love?

I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for
20 years.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2: 256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars ; of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do &g t; not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names .

Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.

If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country a nd our future.

Pass it on, Fellow Americans.

:salute: The war is bigger than we know or understand:salute:

I post this very same some time ago. Might have even been on the other board.

However, to answer the question, in my opinion, "no."

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Nothing racist about it. Ask a muslim they will say the same thing. Being american is antithesis to being muslim. They live here, but consider themselves NOT americans, but muslim. Get your facts straight there buddy

:clap:

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Bulldog.

Were not racist, were pissed off. You would be two if Muslims came into your country, destroyed a national monument and killed over 3,000 innocent men, women, children and babies all because we believe in one loving God, which makes us the enemy.

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Were not racist, were pissed off. You would be two if Muslims came into your country, destroyed a national monument and killed over 3,000 innocent men, women, children and babies all because we believe in one loving God, which makes us the enemy.

How many Muslims are in your country and what percentage have been involved in crimes against the State?

Taking the typical US or UK national citizen and making the same percentage comparison, we are more guilty than they are of committing crimes against our own people.

Applying the same logic to paragraph 1 and paragraph 2 would involve sending every man, woman and child on the entire planet to the electric chair.

It's simple statistics. Unfortunately, they get all too easily blurred and distorted by emotion and/or racial intolerance.

My deepest sympathies go out to those affected by the atrocities of 9/11 (which I assume you are referring to), but why go on a witch-hunt?

The KKK spring to mind and I find this highly alarming, personally.

Bulldog.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 04:45 PM
How many Muslims are in your country and what percentage have been involved in crimes against the State?

Taking the typical US or UK national citizen and making the same percentage comparison, we are more guilty than they are of committing crimes against our own people.

Applying the same logic to paragraph 1 and paragraph 2 would involve sending every man, woman and child on the entire planet to the electric chair.

It's simple statistics. Unfortunately, they get all too easily blurred and distorted by emotion and/or racial intolerance.

My deepest sympathies go out to those affected by the atrocities of 9/11 (which I assume you are referring to), but why go on a witch-hunt?

The KKK spring to mind and I find this highly alarming, personally.

Bulldog.

If they had the chance they all would attack us. You wouldn't know what it's about to be a good American, go back to drinking your tea. :fu:

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 04:55 PM
If they had the chance they all would attack us. You wouldn't know what it's about to be a good American, go back to drinking your tea. :fu:

Hmm...

Yet another fine example of narrow-minded racism.

In order to give you a picture of the world beyond the end of your own nose, may I respectfully suggest that you take a look here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_2005_London_bombings

...here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4661059.stm

...and here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army

OK. So the number of deaths in any single incident wasn't so high, but if we put the same number of people into a single building, I'm sure it would have been.

By the way, if you were paying taxes at any time during the IRA activities, then you are partly responsible for the killing of many of my fellow countrymen. Do I hate you for it. Hell no! :)

On the other hand, I do find the racist 'tea' reference and the FU emoticon offensive. Please stop being so reactionary.

Bulldog.

Yurt
05-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Bulldog,

Why do you continue to ingore that I told you that muslims do not and can not accept being "american?" You are making a point that is futile and in ignorance of the very people who are making this point for.

Here is a good rundown of it:

A friend who knows | 8/11/2006 | Agent Smith

Posted on 08/11/2006 6:36:37 AM PDT by Agent Smith

I ask my fellow freepers indulgence for this vanity, because I believe it is too important to be buried in the back of the forum.

Can a good Muslim be a good American? I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation...perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish...it's still the truth. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The war is bigger than most Americans know or understand.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1681793/posts

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Bulldog,

Why do you continue to ingore that I told you that muslims do not and can not accept being "american?" You are making a point that is futile and in ignorance of the very people who are making this point for.

Here is a good rundown of it:

A friend who knows | 8/11/2006 | Agent Smith

Posted on 08/11/2006 6:36:37 AM PDT by Agent Smith

I ask my fellow freepers indulgence for this vanity, because I believe it is too important to be buried in the back of the forum.

Can a good Muslim be a good American? I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation...perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish...it's still the truth. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The war is bigger than most Americans know or understand.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1681793/posts

Because he only wants to hear/read what he wants to cause drama and turmoil.

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm not ignoring it, Yurt. :)

It's just the radical viewpoint of a racist hell bent on forcing his own ideals on another race of people which, coincidentally, is exactly what he's accusing the Muslims of. Most of it is merely a conveniently twisted version of the truth, and shame on those who are brainwashed into believing it.

Before you jump down my throat, I'm not accusing you of being a Nazi, but it's very similar to the disruptive propaganda that was spread by the Nazis about the Jews over 70 years ago.

Have the Jews all murdered us in our beds and seeked world domination. Not as far as I can tell... unless I've been brainwashed too.

Just because someone puts something into print, it doesn't make it true.

Bulldog.

Yurt
05-20-2007, 05:20 PM

It's just the radical viewpoint of a racist hell bent on forcing his own ideals on another race of people which, coincidentally, is exactly what he's accusing the Muslims of. Most of it is merely a conveniently twisted version of the truth, and shame on those who are brainwashed into believing it.

Before you jump down my throat, I'm not accusing you of being a Nazi, but it's very similar to the disruptive propaganda that was spread by the Nazis about the Jews over 70 years ago.

Have the Jews all murdered us in our beds and seeked world domination. Not as far as I can tell... unless I've been brainwashed too.

Bulldog.

Um, we are talking solely about whether a muslim can be an "american."

Now just admit that they can't (by their own admission) and then you can go off on your other tangents...:salute:

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 05:21 PM

Bulldog.

Someone needs to euthanize the bulldog.:laugh2:

Gaffer
05-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Can a muslim be a good Brit? Are there areas in Britain where you can't go because your not a muslim? Don't the muslims in Britain want to have a seperation between British law and their own shea laws?

Myself, I'm an islamobigot and make no bones about it. Unlike the kkk and muslims I won't put a sheet over my head or a mask covering my face. I stand in the open.

As for your IRA. They were and are scum. Anyone that plants bombs is a lowlife scum. And though it was always played off as catholic against protestant it was always about getting the Brits out of northern Ireland and unifying the entire country. Religion had little to do with it.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Can a muslim be a good Brit? Are there areas in Britain where you can't go because your not a muslim? Don't the muslims in Britain want to have a seperation between British law and their own shea laws?

Myself, I'm an islamobigot and make no bones about it. Unlike the kkk and muslims I won't put a sheet over my head or a mask covering my face. I stand in the open.

As for your IRA. They were and are scum. Anyone that plants bombs is a lowlife scum. And though it was always played off as catholic against protestant it was always about getting the Brits out of northern Ireland and unifying the entire country. Religion had little to do with it.

:clap:

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi. :)

Can a muslim be a good Brit?
Yes.

Are there areas in Britain where you can't go because your not a muslim?
No.

Don't the muslims in Britain want to have a seperation between British law and their own shea laws?
Yes. But only a very small minority. Mostly illegals who shouldn't be here anyway and are generally deported post haste.

No comment. I think you already know where I stand on that viewpoint. :)

Yes. Another prime example of why NOT to invade and occupy another persons country for no reason whatsoever without expecting reprisals I guess.

Great input. Thanks. :)

Bulldog.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 06:48 PM

Yes.

No.

Yes. But only a very small minority. Mostly illegals who shouldn't be here anyway and are generally deported post haste.

No comment. I think you already know where I stand on that viewpoint. :)

Yes. Another prime example of why NOT to invade and occupy another persons country for no reason whatsoever without expecting reprisals I guess.

Great input. Thanks. :)

Bulldog.

Uhhhhhhh

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Care to expand on "Uhhhhhhh"? :)

Bulldog.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Care to expand on "Uhhhhhhh"? :)

Bulldog.

Naaaaa, I think Uhhhhhhhh sums it up.

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 07:10 PM
In that case, LOL sums it up for me. :D

Bulldog.

Gaffer
05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey Bulldog, I have read on a number of sites about areas in Britain that muslims have basically taken over and non muslims aren't welcome there. Some of those areas are the ones producing the bombers of 7/7 and the attempted airline bombers as well. And all of these people were born in Britain. Would be interesting to know your thoughts on that.

Also certain mosques are calling for adherance to only sheia law and British law should not apply to them.

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey Bulldog, I have read on a number of sites about areas in Britain that muslims have basically taken over and non muslims aren't welcome there. Some of those areas are the ones producing the bombers of 7/7 and the attempted airline bombers as well. And all of these people were born in Britain. Would be interesting to know your thoughts on that.

Also certain mosques are calling for adherance to only sheia law and British law should not apply to them.

These areas only amount to, well, very small areas. In the same way that London and (San Francisco?) has an area called 'Chinatown'. Other races aren't excluded from entering these areas and certainly wouldn't be attacked or threatened in any way for doing so.

Bear in mind that UK (and possibly US?) ex-pats do exactly the same thing in other foreign countries. Spain is a prime example.

Whilst it's fair to say that almost all of the bombers relating to the London bombings were UK born/resident, this obviously makes sense from the logistical point of view. Extremist militants will almost always hide amongst innocent civilian populations because of the 'security' that this brings them.

Bear in mind that these guys were all innocent, ordinary people as far as their own family and friends were concerned. They were brainwashed into doing what they did by extremist fundamentalists who have been widely condemned by 99% of UK resident Muslims. I'd like to make it clear that I obviously don't condone their actions in any way, regardless of the reasoning behind it.

Regarding the Mosques, yes that part is true, but only inside the Mosques. There's nothing wrong with this per se. After all, I'm a strictly passive atheist, but I don't condemn those who choose to practice Christianity and the laws/rules that go with it in their own places of worship.

There have been firebomb attacks by non-Muslims on a few of the UK mosques which I personally find totally abhorrent.

Hope this clears things up a little from the UK perspective. :)

Bulldog.

Gaffer
05-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks Bulldog, always interesting to get a UK perspective on events in the UK. As I see things pertaining to your part of the world I'll post em to get your impression.

Bulldog
05-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Great! :)

That's what I generally use forums for.

Unfortunately, regardless what kind of approach I've taken, most of my posts on this forum over the last couple of days have been met with arrogance and downright rudeness. It's nice to know that someone is actually listening to an 'outsider'.

You're a fine ambassador for your country. :)

Bulldog.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Great! :)

That's what I generally use forums for.

Unfortunately, regardless what kind of approach I've taken, most of my posts on this forum over the last couple of days have been met with arrogance and downright rudeness. It's nice to know that someone is actually listening to an 'outsider'.

You're a fine ambassador for your country. :)

Bulldog.

Yes I am a fine ambassador :laugh2: