PDA

View Full Version : road trip....

PostmodernProphet
03-08-2012, 12:03 PM
so, the wife and I are going to Nashville for a long weekend......any experienced travelers want to share recommendations of what we ought not to miss while we're there?......

jimnyc
03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
I have no idea how far you'll be from the places I've been...

Graceland was fun, as was downtown Memphis (both daytime sightseeing and nightlife). Also, the "Grand 'ol Opry", wherever the hell that is, went there when I was much younger.

ConHog
03-08-2012, 01:03 PM
so, the wife and I are going to Nashville for a long weekend......any experienced travelers want to share recommendations of what we ought not to miss while we're there?......

http://neelysbbq.com/

not to be missed

PostmodernProphet
03-13-2012, 06:52 AM
went to Neelys, food was quite good, atmosphere funky.......not sure what their restaurant in Memphis is like but the one in Nashville is on a college campus and is staffed by culinary students....

overall the trip was a huge success.....when we got there we heard the GOO was sold out, but our hotel clerk suggested we go over to the onsite ticket office......asked the clerk if there were any agencies that bought blocks of tickets than might have some left over......she made a call and scored us two tickets that were less than 50 feet from the stage......got to hear Charlie Daniels, Brad Paisley and Luke Bryan.....