PDA

View Full Version : Immigrant bounty program

loosecannon
05-19-2007, 04:30 PM
OK the supplemental budget in debate calls for 90 something billion dollars for a few more months fighting the Iraq war. There are 2 more budgets to also be passed this year, another supplemental and the regular $400 billion military annual budget.

So let's assume that as a nation we are as interested in investing in our own nation as we are in Iraq for just the next few months.

That would mean we could choose to spend 90 something billion dollars to combat illegal immigration.

Lets suppose we budgeted 2/3 of that toward a formidable wall along the southern border and a high tech surveillance infrastructure to monitor the Mexico border and the waterways of TX, LA, MI, and S. CA.

(that is $20 million/mile of border including waterfront for the southern US)

That would leave $30 billion that could be applied toward rounding up the existing II's inside the national borders.

That is $2500 for each and every II in the US at present.

So let's say we did offer a bounty of $1000 for each and every II that is presented to US authorities by private bounty hunters.

Let's say we required said bounty hunters to each pay $10,000 or such for a training that might last a month that included training adequate to establish nationality of the suspects, training in how to effectively seek yet humanely treat suspects and at the end of the training, provided that they pass the course they are deputized and authorized to go to work.

A partnership program could be set up as well that allowed local law enforcement to split the bounty when they are acting on tips from citizens provided that local law enforcement handles all the responsibilities associated with screening the suspects for origin and apprehension.

Play with the numbers and it becomes apparent that there would be serious money to be made locating and apprehending II's. A competent bounty hunter might be able to gross a few hundred thousand/year. Companies might form that were multi million/year grossers.

And a % of society would be permanently qualified to do this work for many years.

That still leaves us $18 billion left over. Which is enough money to send every II in the US on a vacation to Australia for a weekend airfare included. Or a week long Caribbean cruise.

These are just spur of the moment ideas. But the point is, we can do this.

5stringJeff
05-19-2007, 04:39 PM
With the exception of mandatory training for bounty hunters, I'm all for it.

Doniston
05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
OK the supplemental budget in debate calls for 90 something billion dollars for a few more months fighting the Iraq war. There are 2 more budgets to also be passed this year, another supplemental and the regular $400 billion military annual budget.

So let's assume that as a nation we are as interested in investing in our own nation as we are in Iraq for just the next few months.

That would mean we could choose to spend 90 something billion dollars to combat illegal immigration.

Lets suppose we budgeted 2/3 of that toward a formidable wall along the southern border and a high tech surveillance infrastructure to monitor the Mexico border and the waterways of TX, LA, MI, and S. CA.

That would leave $30 billion that could be applied toward rounding up the existing II's inside the national borders.

So let's say we did offer a bounty of $1000 for each and every II that is presented to US authorities by private bounty hunters.

Let's say we required said bounty hunters to each pay $10,000 or such for a training that might last a month that included training adequate to establish nationality of the suspects, training in how to effectively seek yet humanely treat suspects and at the end of the training, provided that they pass the course they are deputized and authorized to go to work.

A partnership program could be set up as well that allowed local law enforcement to split the bounty when they are acting on tips from citizens provided that local law enforcement handles all the responsibilities associated with screening the suspects for origin and apprehension.

Play with the numbers and it becomes apparent that there would be serious money to be made locating and apprehending II's. A competent bounty hunter might be able to gross a few hundred thousand/year. Companies might form that were multi million/year grossers.

And a % of society would be permanently qualified to do this work for many years.

That still leaves us $18 billion left over. Which is enough money to send every II in the US on a vacation to Australia for a weekend airfare included. Or a week long Caribbean cruise.

These are just spur of the moment ideas. But the point is, we can do this.And you've left out about 4/5ths of the open borders of the US --- Gulf coast, east and west coast, and the canadian border. what do you purpose to do about them???

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 04:54 PM

These are just spur of the moment ideas. But the point is, we can do this.

Also offer a reward to anyone who provides a tip leading to the capture and deportation on an illegal immigrant.....

musicman
05-19-2007, 04:57 PM
And you've left out about 4/5ths of the open borders of the US --- Gulf coast, east and west coast, and the canadian border. what do you purpose to do about them???

Ah - symbolism over substance; well done, Doniston!

WHICH BORDER IS HEMORRHAGING MEXICANS, DONISTON?

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
And you've left out about 4/5ths of the open borders of the US --- Gulf coast, east and west coast, and the canadian border. what do you purpose to do about them???

Check a map, dude.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 05:16 PM
With the exception of mandatory training for bounty hunters, I'm all for it.

Actually they should have to go through the Law Enforcement post program so they are peace officers. You have to remember that close to 75% of the illegals are major criminals trafficking drugs, people, prostitution and are gang members. They will more then likeley put up a fight using lethal force.

Mr. P
05-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Great stuff and it would work, but.....ya gotta have Government cooperation first. We don't. They leave thousands in local jails now that could be deported..instead they are released locally due to the cost of holding them until the Feds pick them up, which they seldom do.

I did read about a sheriff who started billing the Fed for housing them. Great idea but I never heard if he was successful.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Great stuff and it would work, but.....ya gotta have Government cooperation first. We don't. They leave thousands in local jails now that could be deported..instead they are released locally due to the cost of holding them until the Feds pick them up, which they seldom do.

I did read about a sheriff who started billing the Fed for housing them. Great idea but I never heard if he was successful.

Doesn't the Constitution basically say that if there is a problem that it is the responsibility of the citizens who have the ability to fix it are required to do so?

chum43
05-19-2007, 05:24 PM
It really is amazing what we could get done if we just stopped spending so much damn money on foreign conflicts that do absolutely nothing for any of us besides serving the interests of rich businessmen and higher ups.

chum43
05-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Doesn't the Constitution basically say that if there is a problem that it is the responsibility of the citizens who have the ability to fix it are required to do so?

since when does anyone follow the constitution? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 05:28 PM
since when does anyone follow the constitution? :laugh2:

Only Liberals don't follow the constitution.

Mr. P
05-19-2007, 05:42 PM

No...Not the Constitution, it's in The Declaration of Independence ...

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.....But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Doniston
05-19-2007, 06:12 PM

WHICH BORDER IS HEMORRHAGING MEXICANS, DONISTON?Rather immaterial, Check out where the majprity of those illegals are headong, the south west, or the midwest and the east coast. so why should they continue to come over nthe Cal arizona border? Think about it. and of course it isn't only mexicans we have a problem with. Reality over assumations.

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Rather immaterial, Check out where the majprity of those illegals are headong, the south west, or the midwest and the east coast. so why should they continue to come over nthe Cal arizona border? Think about it. and of course it isn't only mexicans we have a problem with. Reality over assumations.

Where they are committing the crime is IMMATERIAL? Dude, you're losing it.
I'm tell ya again---get a map.

Doniston
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Bad post, please ignore.

Doniston
05-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Check a map, dude. The figure is approximate, but check it out from California to east Texas, plus Washington to Minnesota, that leaves Southern Call to Washington, Louisiana to Florida to Maine, and Maine to minesota. check out the milages. I think you will find I am fairly accurate.

Doniston
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Only Liberals don't follow the constitution. Oh yah, including those liberals who presently occupy the Bush Administration RIGHT?

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
The figure is approximate, but check it out from California to east Texas, plus Washington to Minnesota, that leaves Southern Call to Washington, Louisiana to Florida to Maine, and Maine to minesota. check out the milages. I think you will find I am fairly accurate.

Do we have some big flood of Mexicans pouring over the Canadian border that I don't know about? :laugh2:

musicman
05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Rather immaterial, Check out where the majprity of those illegals are headong,

Yeah - AFTER THEY GET IN!

Think about it. and of course it isn't only mexicans we have a problem with. Reality over assumations.

I'm very much dealing in reality, Doniston - and wishing I could get you focused on the same. It is you who are doing all the "assumating".

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 06:33 PM
No...Not the Constitution, it's in The Declaration of Independence ...

Oh yea, well we should do what our four fathers say not our current corrupt Government.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Do we have some big flood of Mexicans pouring over the Canadian border that I don't know about? :laugh2:

They're not that smart.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh yah, including those liberals who presently occupy the Bush Administration RIGHT?

No those are Republican's in disguise.

loosecannon
05-19-2007, 06:44 PM

I included the gulf coast.

The overwhelming majority enter thru the land boundary to the south. The next most vulnerable border stretch is the gulf and S CA.

loosecannon
05-19-2007, 06:46 PM

I think you are refering to the declaration of independence preamble.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I think you are refering to the declaration of independence preamble.

I always get those confused.

Doniston
05-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Do we have some big flood of Mexicans pouring over the Canadian border that I don't know about? :laugh2: Maybe you are only considering Mexicans, but I'm not, and if you had read a previous post.of mine,---- Well,------ where is your head????

Doniston
05-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah - AFTER THEY GET IN!

I'm very much dealing in reality, Doniston - and wishing I could get you focused on the same. It is you who are doing all the "assumating". I think your are talking out your *ear.

Damn, Did I leave out the "R" again?

Doniston
05-19-2007, 09:18 PM
No those are Republican's in disguise. Right ON!

Doniston
05-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I included the gulf coast.

The overwhelming majority enter thru the land boundary to the south. The next most vulnerable border stretch is the gulf and S CA. I assume by land barrier you include that strretch from east texas to San Diego, right?

loosecannon
05-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I assume by land barrier you include that strretch from east texas to San Diego, right?

YUP, I also included 1500 miles of waterfront.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh yea, well we should do what our four fathers say not our current corrupt Government.

Which "four fathers" would those be? The Liberals who founded our country based on democratic prinicples, freedom of religion, press, and speech or the conservative Republicans who have fought tooth and nail to restrict those same rights (especially the ones they cannot control) over that same period of time?

Kathianne
05-19-2007, 11:29 PM

I think the Minutemen have been filling this, no?

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 11:46 PM
I think the Minutemen have been filling this, no?

huh?

musicman
05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Which "four fathers" would those be? The Liberals who founded our country based on democratic prinicples, freedom of religion, press, and speech

The liberals who founded this nation are reportedly spinning in their graves at 3750 rpm, at the rank tyranny with which the term "liberalism" has now become synonymous.

...or the conservative Republicans who have fought tooth and nail to restrict those same rights (especially the ones they cannot control) over that same period of time?

List these rights.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 01:51 AM
The liberals who founded this nation are reportedly spinning in their graves at 3750 rpm, at the rank tyranny with which the term "liberalism" has now become synonymous.

List these rights.

:clap:

musicman
05-20-2007, 02:15 AM
I think your are talking out your *ear.

Damn, Did I leave out the "R" again?

And, I think you don't want to talk at all - not in any substantive way.

OCA
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Why not put a daily bag limit on em like we do on geese? Does your bounty get reduced if you bring em in dead?

Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Why not put a daily bag limit on em like we do on geese? Does your bounty get reduced if you bring em in dead?

No you should get a higher bounty as they wont be coming back to the country illegally again.

Dilloduck
05-20-2007, 11:30 AM

The first time America imported slaves it didn't work out very well---why should it work better this time ?

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:33 AM
The first time America imported slaves it didn't work out very well---why should it work better this time ?

This is a lot different situation. We brought the slaves in, and these aliens just come here on their own.

Mr. P
05-20-2007, 11:41 AM

Excellent point, Dillo! Leave it to the Congress to find a way to import low wage slaves legally then tax the hell out of em, what a plan.

Amnesty = 21st century slaves that pay taxes!

OCA
05-20-2007, 11:44 AM

Comparing unskilled labor who WILLINGLY come to slavery shows a lack of class IMO.

Dilloduck
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
This is a lot different situation. We brought the slaves in, and these aliens just come here on their own.

Right---we just set traps for them so we don't have to pay the freight. How moral is it to ask people to come to America to do shit work for minimum wage and live in colonias ? If companies need people to work they need to pay them, not take advantage of their poverty and import them to become low class citizens. Do you REALLY want to do these folks a favor? Overthrow their government.

Doniston
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Where they are committing the crime is IMMATERIAL? Dude, you're losing it.
I'm tell ya again---get a map. Who's losing What???? the crime may be material, whether it is committed in florida, or the desert areas, is indeed immaterial. and again. Yoiu are infuring that I am wrong about the map, yet you provide no basis for your alligation.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Right---we just set traps for them so we don't have to pay the freight. How moral is it to ask people to come to America to do shit work for minimum wage and live in colonias ? If companies need people to work they need to pay them, not take advantage of their poverty and import them to become low class citizens. Do you REALLY want to do these folks a favor? Overthrow their government.

We need to overthrow the Government and kick these sleezebags out of our country.

Dilloduck
05-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Who's losing What???? the crime may be material, whether it is committed in florida, or the desert areas, is indeed immaterial. and again. Yoiu are infuring that I am wrong about the map, yet you provide no basis for your alligation.

We know where the holes are and they ain't in Canada. They are on the Mexican border and yes---we CAN plug em. Let Texas citizens be in charge of guarding our border, give us the authority we need and get the hell out of our way.

TheSage
05-20-2007, 12:05 PM
We know where the holes are and they ain't in Canada. They are on the Mexican border and yes---we CAN plug em. Let Texas citizens be in charge of guarding our border, give us the authority we need and get the hell out of our way.

They would call in the U.S. army to gun down the citizenry if they even tried.

Dilloduck
05-20-2007, 12:10 PM

They already have our border guards in prison for doing their job---why not?

I got this great idea---lets import a bunch of poverty sticken miserable people from another country and put them in charge of our food supply !!!!!
Maybe the Arabs would like to guard our water supply and nuclear plants too !

Mr. P
05-20-2007, 12:10 PM

RWA, he said... "Let Texas citizens be in charge of guarding our border, give us the authority we need and get the hell out of our way.".

Who would gun them down, Mexico? If anyone.

Edit: typed to fast and didn't proof..LOL

TheSage
05-20-2007, 12:11 PM

I got this great idea---lets import a bunch of poverty sticken miserable people from another country and put them in charge of our food supply !!!!!
Maybe the Arabs would like to guard our water supply and nuclear plants too !

Bush the sellout wanted to put them in charge of the port operations. Our nation is run by traitors to the american people.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Bush the sellout wanted to put them in charge of the port operations. Our nation is run by traitors to the american people.

Your right, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are traitors.

Doniston
05-20-2007, 02:04 PM
We know where the holes are and they ain't in Canada. They are on the Mexican border and yes---we CAN plug em. Let Texas citizens be in charge of guarding our border, give us the authority we need and get the hell out of our way. Once more you are talkin ONLY about that particular border. SO? what about the rest????

Doniston
05-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Maybe the Arabs would like to guard our water supply and nuclear plants too ! now you're ranting.

Doniston
05-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Your right, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are traitors. Are you going to start using those reverse anti-statements now? They don't make a bit of sense to anyone paying attention.

Mr. P
05-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Once more you are talkin ONLY about that particular border. SO? what about the rest????

What about the rest?

loosecannon
05-20-2007, 02:16 PM
What about the rest?

Well one can assume that Doniston believes that securing one boarder will amount to playing whack the mole.

In the case of a handful of terrorists yes.

But in the case of millions migrating, no. We just have to win the numbers game. If we prevent most from entering and have a fairly succesful program to return them we win over time.

Mr. P
05-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Well one can assume that Doniston believes that securing one boarder will amount to playing whack the mole.

In the case of a handful of terrorists yes.

But in the case of millions migrating, no. We just have to win the numbers game. If we prevent most from entering and have a fairly succesful program to return them we win over time.

I agree, just wondering what ole Doniston is thinking.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 03:04 PM

WHICH BORDER IS HEMORRHAGING MEXICANS, DONISTON?

He doesn't know mm. He's probaby already about half done with his plastic gallon jug of vodka for today... :alcoholic:

Just look at his picture in his avatar. He sure looks like a dirty old drunk bum that just got through sleeping in the gutter and needs a bath and a shave. He's wasted.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
He doesn't know mm. He's probaby already about half done with his plastic gallon jug of vodka for today... :alcoholic:

Just look at his picture in his avatar. He sure looks like a dirty old drunk bum that just through sleeping in the gutter and needs a bath and shave. He's wasted.

:clap:

Doniston
05-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I agree, just wondering what ole Doniston is thinking. Well, since the term Whack to mole is foreign to me, I can't comment on it

but in answer to both you, and the following post, as to what I am thinking. let me put it this way.

If you see a flood coming, you can close the front door to keep the water out, But pay attention to the back door cause the water will creep around the house and hit you from behind.

tell me. if I want to get from say Hondoras to chicago, and I am used to coming accross Mexico to get there. how much more of a bother or problem would it be to come in by boat from the gulf of mexico?

If it is that important they will bypass any obstacle in their path.

Does that answer your questions??/

Doniston
05-20-2007, 04:01 PM

Just look at his picture in his avatar. He sure looks like a dirty old drunk bum that just got through sleeping in the gutter and needs a bath and a shave. He's wasted.

HA HA HA, now you went and told. Seriously tho. are you and OCA joined at the hip? He made those claims first, and he was no more realistic than you are. Read the last line of my Sig, to get a clue about you.

Mr. P
05-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, since the term Whack to mole is foreign to me, I can't comment on it

but in answer to both you, and the following post, as to what I am thinking. let me put it this way.

If you see a flood coming, you can close the front door to keep the water out, But pay attention to the back door cause the water will creep around the house and hit you from behind.

tell me. if I want to get from say Hondoras to chicago, and I am used to coming accross Mexico to get there. how much more of a bother or problem would it be to come in by boat from the gulf of mexico?

If it is that important they will bypass any obstacle in their path.

Does that answer your questions??/

Couple problems with coming in by sea. I see them as The Coast Guard and DEA, they pretty well have the coast covered. The Canadian border is even more secure because that Government is not suppling maps, food or GPS equipment to illegal border crossers. Without doubt, the major concern is the Mexican border.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
HA HA HA, now you went and told. Seriously tho. are you and OCA joined at the hip? He made those claims first, and he was no more realistic than you are. Read the last line of my Sig, to get a clue about you.

Seriously, you're either drunk or senile. Your comments here are convoluted, jumbled, and usually have no cohesion, not to mention misspelled with poor to rotten grammar. I'm beginning to wonder why anybody is even paying any attention to you.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Couple problems with coming in by sea. I see them as The Coast Guard and DEA, they pretty well have the coast covered. The Canadian border is even more secure because that Government is not suppling maps, food or GPS equipment to illegal border crossers. Without doubt, the major concern is the Mexican border.

Dont forget the Navy and Airforce radar planes patroling the skies.