PDA

View Full Version : Ted Kennedy on Immigration

stephanie
05-19-2007, 06:12 PM
1965: "The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs."

1986: "This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

2007: "Now it is time for action. 2007 is the year we must fix our broken system."
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MzEyNmRkZDE5ZTBiMTdiN2IwMzkzM2RmM2U1Y2Y2YjQ=

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
1965: "The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs."

1986: "This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

2007: "Now it is time for action. 2007 is the year we must fix our broken system."
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MzEyNmRkZDE5ZTBiMTdiN2IwMzkzM2RmM2U1Y2Y2YjQ=

If Americans are really so stupid that the will accept this crap, we deserve every bit of misery it will cause. It wouldn't surprise me in the least for both parties to claim they they gave it a good shot and simply continue to ignore illegal immigration and let the status quo do all the dirty work for them.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 06:31 PM
If Americans are really so stupid that the will accept this crap, we deserve every bit of misery it will cause. It wouldn't surprise me in the least for both parties to claim they they gave it a good shot and simply continue to ignore illegal immigration and let the status quo do all the dirty work for them.

Becareful what you say about Ted Kennedy, he might make you go for a car ride with him.:laugh2:

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Becareful what you say about Ted Kennedy, he might make you go for a car ride with him.:laugh2:

That silly ass couldn't even find Texas--especially is he's gonna use Donistans' maps.

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
That silly ass couldn't even find Texas--especially is he's gonna use Donistans' maps.

I think my comment was over your head. Ted Kennedy murdered a girl and covered it up pwith a car crash. Those damn Kennedy's. A family of criminals.

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I think my comment was over your head. Ted Kennedy murdered a girl and covered it up pwith a car crash. Those damn Kennedy's. A family of criminals.

uh--no--- not really--I lived through those years. You better back up a bit and regroup. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
uh--no--- not really--I lived through those years. You better back up a bit and regroup. :laugh2:

Oppssss, I thought you were around my age.

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Oppssss, I thought you were around my age.

np--just haven't learned how to act my own age yet ! :laugh2:

Kathianne
05-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Some good news:

http://instapundit.com/archives2/005370.php
May 19, 2007

BILL QUICK IS DEPRESSED (http://dailypundit.com/?p=25751) at this evidence of Congressional out-of-touchness:

Hannity was telling some caller to his talker today that his contacts in Washington were “astounded” and “shocked” by the firestorm backlash they’re getting over the supposedly “done deal” immigration bill.

Just as with Harriet Miers and the Dubai Ports deal, the backlash was entirely predictable to anyone who read blogs. Or in this case, even listened to talk radio. Don't these people pay any attention?
posted at 11:11 AM by Glenn Reynolds

Dilloduck
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Some good news:

I can't tell if they're really that out of touch or just plotting to make this look like a genuine attempt. Every poll in the country coulda told them that that they were gonna piss people off with this bill. Who knows anymore??

Doniston
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
That silly ass couldn't even find Texas--especially is he's gonna use Donistans' maps. HA HA HA, that's funny since you haven't show where or how I was wrong.

Mr. P
05-20-2007, 07:38 AM
I can't tell if they're really that out of touch or just plotting to make this look like a genuine attempt. Every poll in the country coulda told them that that they were gonna piss people off with this bill. Who knows anymore??

A posted comment from the link...It seems reasonable to me, except the 11 months part.

“How can Washington, after the Farmers Branch election where 2/3 voted in favor of measures to curb illegal immigration, still feign ignorance?”

Isolation. With an 11-months-a-year Congress, they spend all their time in D.C. The whole time they’re there, they get their news from The New York Times, The Washington Post, and the four TV networks. And the only people they talk to are their staffers, other congress-critters, bureaucrats, and lobbyists.

Back before air conditioning, Congress used to take August (and most of July) off. Everybody went back to their districts, and had to live with (and answer to) their constituents for a month or so. Now they only get home for fund-raising, which by its nature limits their contacts to people who already agree with them.

And there’s another factor. Today nearly all Senators and many House members can be described as “very wealthy.” The high percentage of rich people (some very rich) is a significant change from 50 years ago. When “very wealthy” people return home, it’s to the country clubs and gated communities. Even in the red states, the circles Congresspeople move in tend to be internationalist and fuzzy-liberal. And the only “average citizens” they’re likely to encounter are the illegal aliens who do the lawn mowing.

So yes, I can understand the ignorance. Of course they’re ignorant. They spend their whole life in a bubble, and they just don’t f*ckin’ know it.

loosecannon
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
It is good news that a backlash is mounting. That happened last year when immigration was on the table.

Steph: It is after all Bush who is pushing now to make immigration reform the centerpiece of his domestic agenda. Those are his words. He is behind the bill.

The bad news is as somebody else pointed out above, status quo is the other option.

It will take a full reversal of both parties before they actually solve the problem.

We have to make it political suicide to ignore public disatisfaction with the status quo.

loosecannon
05-20-2007, 09:55 AM
A posted comment from the link...It seems reasonable to me, except the 11 months part.

It seems real to me too. Our reps barely if ever represent us; their singular job.

TheSage
05-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Some good news:

Newsflash. They don't care. They're with the globalist "nationalism is always wrong" crowd.

Do you still think nationalism is always wrong?

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 12:53 PM
HA HA HA, that's funny since you haven't show where or how I was wrong.

Your wrong everytime you open your mouth.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Americans really are that stupid. I don't believe enough of them know enough about what is going on. They just don't care. It's apathy, and we're going to pay for it.

Trigg
05-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Americans really are that stupid. I don't believe enough of them know enough about what is going on. They just don't care. It's apathy, and we're going to pay for it.

Well lucky for us the pro-immigration people keep having the wonderfully succesful marches.

Slapping us in the face and showing us just why many Americans don't like illegal immigration.

Slow controlled immigration allows people to assimilate into society. The Millions now coming every year, moving into the same areas and speaking a different language arn't moving into society they're trying to change it.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Well lucky for us the pro-immigration people keep having the wonderfully succesful marches.

Slapping us in the face and showing us just why many Americans don't like illegal immigration.

Slow controlled immigration allows people to assimilate into society. The Millions now coming every year, moving into the same areas and speaking a different language arn't moving into society they're trying to change it.

:clap: