PDA

View Full Version : Who is ready for spring/summer?

darin
03-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Today temps were in the low 60s. The kids and I spent a few hours out and about; mostly cleaning up debris from the trees around the property. While the ground is still soft/spongy with water, I sure got-to-feelin' excited about summer. We saw birds around - a mating pair of ducks on the pond; even started to see bugs. Temps show in low-mid 60s rest of the week. Bring it on, plus 20 degrees even!

fj1200
03-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I've been ready for awhile. Did get to go on a motorcycle ride this afternoon so you know it's close, high 70's this week. :)

darin
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I've been ready for awhile. Did get to go on a motorcycle ride this afternoon so you know it's close, high 70's this week. :)

Ugh. Color me jealous. I think i'll find a Miata, s2000, or even a bike before too long. Open-air transport is simply wonderful.

fj1200
03-11-2012, 07:13 PM
^I need to find a trailer for it too. I need to get it up to Gatlinburg in July without getting to ride it up there. My wife does NOT want to drive my car and three kids up there without me. I'm meeting some friends from MI there and we'll get a chance to go for a ride.

Nukeman
03-11-2012, 07:24 PM
^I need to find a trailer for it too. I need to get it up to Gatlinburg in July without getting to ride it up there. My wife does NOT want to drive my car and three kids up there without me. I'm meeting some friends from MI there and we'll get a chance to go for a ride.
Hey are your wife and mine related?? I hear the same thing.. We went for a nice ride today. got to try out the new stereo I put on it this winter. sounds pretty good. Got home washed and polished the chrome, than felt like pressure washing some of the house. Had a pretty good day :thumb:

When in Gartinburg go on the road to I thinkits called Cades Cove. REALLY nice 11 mile twisty curvey road back to the community and than back out again, you can even stop and swim in a lot of places... Great place..

Mind if I ask where you're staying??

fj1200
03-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Hey are your wife and mine related?? I hear the same thing.. We went for a nice ride today. got to try out the new stereo I put on it this winter. sounds pretty good. Got home washed and polished the chrome, than felt like pressure washing some of the house. Had a pretty good day :thumb:

When in Gartinburg go on the road to I thinkits called Cades Cove. REALLY nice 11 mile twisty curvey road back to the community and than back out again, you can even stop and swim in a lot of places... Great place..

Mind if I ask where you're staying??

Gatlinburg Falls Hidden Valley Resort. I think. My friend set it up but I've been there before a few years back. I was planning on driving into Cades Cove one day with the family, I'll have to see if I have time to ride in there too. I was planning on taking my friend over to the Foothills Pkwy, and Deal's Gap or Cherohala Skyway, etc. and/or over onto the Blue Ridge Pkwy depending on time and willingness on his part. No shortage of places to go over there. :coffee:

Our wives may only be distant cousins because she's not into riding very much. I told her yesterday that I like having my motorcycle back and she responded that she liked our 18 month old daughter. Fair trade I guess. :laugh:

Do you get to G'burg often?

Nukeman
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Gatlinburg Falls Hidden Valley Resort. I think. My friend set it up but I've been there before a few years back. I was planning on driving into Cades Cove one day with the family, I'll have to see if I have time to ride in there too. I was planning on taking my friend over to the Foothills Pkwy, and Deal's Gap or Cherohala Skyway, etc. and/or over onto the Blue Ridge Pkwy depending on time and willingness on his part. No shortage of places to go over there. :coffee:

Our wives may only be distant cousins because she's not into riding very much. I told her yesterday that I like having my motorcycle back and she responded that she liked our 18 month old daughter. Fair trade I guess. :laugh:

Do you get to G'burg often?
Been a couple of times. we have a timeshare that has a couple of places there. 1 in Gatlinburg the other in Pigeon Forge. the one in Gatlinburg is Mountain Loft. REally nice place with indoor/outdoor pools and set at the top of one of the mountains, but a very short drive to downtown. My kids love it there..

I'm lucky my wife seems to enjoy the bike, provided its not cold or raining... We did a 500 mile weekend last august and I swear it never got over 40. the coldest damn weekend of the summer... The riding in southern Indiana is pretty nice, I wouldn't mind doing the bourbon trail on the bike some summer..

Jess
03-15-2012, 05:52 PM
80s today. Tomorrow too.

Unreal, but I'll take it. :cool:

darin
03-16-2012, 05:08 AM
80s today. Tomorrow too.

Unreal, but I'll take it. :cool:

You guys get any storms recently? Last night we had a system push through. Unfortunately, we had about zero drama in the weather. :(

Some lightning for about 30 mins. We missed all the neat stuff.

Jess
03-16-2012, 07:38 AM
You guys get any storms recently? Last night we had a system push through. Unfortunately, we had about zero drama in the weather. :(

Some lightning for about 30 mins. We missed all the neat stuff.

Just a tiny bit of lightning and one fairly good boomer. I don't think it even rained.

I get to work outside today. :cheer5:

Trigg
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
walked 4 miles yesterday and took the dog for a short walk.

Amazing temps, I know it won't last, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

The only bad thing about such nice weather, I get the spring cleaning bug :( and I can't shake it till I get done or the weather changes.

Wind Song
03-16-2012, 03:46 PM
walked 4 miles yesterday and took the dog for a short walk.

Amazing temps, I know it won't last, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

The only bad thing about such nice weather, I get the spring cleaning bug :( and I can't shake it till I get done or the weather changes.
It's raining and cold here. I'm impressed at your four mile walk. I have cabin fever. My dog is too old for much of a walk.

Trigg
03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
It's raining and cold here. I'm impressed at your four mile walk. I have cabin fever. My dog is too old for much of a walk.

I have 2 a 14 yr old Australia Shepherd and a baby, 2yr old boxer mix. The younger one has to get his energy out.

darin
03-17-2012, 10:46 PM
The wildlife on the pond in the back yard is starting to stir....
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3368&d=1332042280http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3369&d=1332042291

Shadow
03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
The wildlife on the pond in the back yard is starting to stir....
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3368&d=1332042280http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3369&d=1332042291

Great pics. The weather was really nice here today too. Came home from a St Patrick's day lunch to see a family of robin's playing in my front yard,kicking up dirt. First time I've seen them...must have been taking advantage and enjoying the nice day.

Kathianne
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
We've gone from fall to summer, no winter or spring to speak of, which being Chicago is unheard of. Perhaps 10" total snow, no days below zero. Weird.

End of next week is predicting a cooling trend, 40's and 50's. Right now in the 80's and for next couple days too!

Binky
03-18-2012, 05:03 PM
It's 77 deg. in my area today. The snow is all gone. I've seen a couple of birdies and a chipmunk. I can smell someone burning leaves and it smells wonderful. I went for a ride with the roof and all the windows opened. The breeze blowing on me made me feel alive. :coffee:

Said1
03-18-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm never ready. I wish it could be -20 all the time. I guess I could move. :(

Shadow
03-18-2012, 11:24 PM
It's 77 deg. in my area today. The snow is all gone. I've seen a couple of birdies and a chipmunk. I can smell someone burning leaves and it smells wonderful. I went for a ride with the roof and all the windows opened. The breeze blowing on me made me feel alive. :coffee:

Crazy weather. Yesterday it was nice,blue skies and sunshine. Today...overcast and windy as hell. Wonder what we will get tomorrow. :)

cadet
03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
I want my winter back... makes it easier to be motivated for homework.
Yay college.... where we party all the time, NOT. :laugh:

darin
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
My daughter took this photo of a turtle we saw this afternoon, on our driveway. Click for larger.

Kathianne
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
We've gone from fall to summer, no winter or spring to speak of, which being Chicago is unheard of. Perhaps 10" total snow, no days below zero. Weird.

End of next week is predicting a cooling trend, 40's and 50's. Right now in the 80's and for next couple days too!

March in Chicago?

http://i41.tinypic.com/dcd01z.png

sundaydriver
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
The mallards that always come in the spring to build their nests and lay their eggs on the creek bank arrived a month early this year. I started spraying week killer two weeks ago and already have most of my spring chores done already. Weird!

KarlMarx
03-21-2012, 06:35 AM
It's been in the high 70s here in New York for almost a week. Before that, the low 70s. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I wonder if we're going to be paying for this early round of nice weather. I've seen things blooming early, and that can't be good. If we have a snap of cold weather, will those blooms be damaged? I'm not talking about flowers, I'm talking about food plants, e.g. fruit, etc.

Gator Monroe
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Far Eco Left has California Democrats wanting to Kill my Summer Boating In Shasta & Whiskeytown Lakes(Others too) by having High Sac & Feather River Flows all Summer to feed the Delta Smelt ... ( First they try & Kill the Logging Industry , then they close off Millions of Acres of Forrest to Off Roading & vehicle accesss for all other uses & now Vacation & Tourist & Camping & Boating Industry will get Muddy Ponds for the Summer insted of Glorious Tahoe like Gems of Lakes)

SassyLady
03-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I can't believe how many times I've had to mow these two acres this year. Have had to spread weed/feed twice this year already. My poor lawnmower will be wore out before summer gets here.

It rains here for a couple of days and then warm sunshine.....grass and weeds are ecstatic.

Have done some spring cleaning around here too....cleaned and reorganized all rooms of house except office and master bedroom. Also demolished and hauled away the hot tub out back making room for my survival garden.

Wind Song
03-28-2012, 05:00 PM
http://youtu.be/0h4CLmLwwmg

darin
03-28-2012, 06:08 PM
I can't believe how many times I've had to mow these two acres this year. Have had to spread weed/feed twice this year already. My poor lawnmower will be wore out before summer gets here.It rains here for a couple of days and then warm sunshine.....grass and weeds are ecstatic.Have done some spring cleaning around here too....cleaned and reorganized all rooms of house except office and master bedroom. Also demolished and hauled away the hot tub out back making room for my survival garden.I mowed once - we only mow about half our 10 acres; less than, really counting the footprint of the house, barn, driveways, and 1/4-1/3 acre pond.More wild life over the weekend, on said pond - click for larger:3378337933803381

gabosaurus
03-28-2012, 09:36 PM
It is always spring/summer here in beautiful Southern California. :slap: