PDA

View Full Version : Soooo...how many bottles of Tide do you have in your laundry room?

SassyLady
03-12-2012, 09:08 PM
This is unbelieveable ... Tide detergent is target of thieves. Theory that drug addicts are stealing off shelves and using to purchase drugs.... and that the detergent is then being sold on black market, even selling it back to retailers it was stolen from. What the hell?

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/03/12/031212-news-tide-theft-1-4/

Shadow
03-12-2012, 09:54 PM
This is unbelieveable ... Tide detergent is target of thieves. Theory that drug addicts are stealing off shelves and using to purchase drugs.... and that the detergent is then being sold on black market, even selling it back to retailers it was stolen from. What the hell?

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/03/12/031212-news-tide-theft-1-4/

Crazy stuff. Doesn't suprise me they call it liquid gold though...have you priced it at the store lately? Might as well be made out of gold. I never use it,I'm allergic to it.

logroller
03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
I've heard of laundering drug money, but not literally.

SassyLady
03-13-2012, 01:24 AM
I've heard of laundering drug money, but not literally.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Good one!!!

krisy
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I noticed several months ago when I was in Walgreens that the Tide was locked up. I thought,"you gotta be kiddin me!" CVS locks it up too!

I hardly ever buy Tide because I can't afford it. I did this week however because itwas on sale at Walgreens. It was a Walgreens where my mom lives,and they had a big lock thingy on all the bottles that a cashier had to take off. At my Walgreens,it is locked in a case. Acid reflux medicine is also locked up.

logroller
03-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I noticed several months ago when I was in Walgreens that the Tide was locked up. I thought,"you gotta be kiddin me!" CVS locks it up too!

I hardly ever buy Tide because I can't afford it. I did this week however because itwas on sale at Walgreens. It was a Walgreens where my mom lives,and they had a big lock thingy on all the bottles that a cashier had to take off. At my Walgreens,it is locked in a case. Acid reflux medicine is also locked up.
I buy some green branded product for $12 that does 100 HE loads. Am I missing out on the tide, is it better in some way?

Little-Acorn
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm hitting a disconnect here.

People are stealing Tide laundry detergent?

Why?

Is there something about Tide that makes it attractive to thieves?

Are they going to start stealing Zest soap, and Head&Shoulders shampoo next?

Somebody already posted the obvious moneylaundering joke, so I won't bother.

But why would anybody steal Tide laundry soap? Can they make some new designer drug out of it or something? (This turned out to be the case for Sudafed the cold remedy).

But Tide???

I don't get it.

revelarts
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Most thieves load carts with dozens of bottles, then dash out the door. Many have getaway cars waiting outside....
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Officials at Tide are trying to keep their hands clean....
:laugh:

But hey it's serious
...Tide has become a form of currency on the streets. The retail price is steadily high — roughly $10 to $20 a bottle — and it’s a staple in households across socioeconomic classes.

Tide can go for $5 to $10 a bottle on the black market, authorities say. Enterprising laundry soap peddlers even resell bottles to stores...
it's called capitalism
black market is a "market", the original "free" market.

but as inflation grows we might see more of this on other items and not just for drug users.
might see grandma running out of a store with a cart full of Pregresso to a waiting handi ride.

krisy
03-13-2012, 04:17 PM

Why?

But why would anybody steal Tide laundry soap? Can they make some new designer drug out of it or something? (This turned out to be the case for Sudafed the cold remedy).

But Tide???

I don't get it.

I can't say what made people think of selling Tide on the black market. I can say tho that Tide is the best laundry detergent. Clothes get super clean and smell really good! Most women I know love Tide.:coffee:

Little-Acorn
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I can't say what made people think of selling Tide on the black market. I can say tho that Tide is the best laundry detergent. Clothes get super clean and smell really good! Most women I know love Tide.

How many of those women seek out surreptitious characters behind the local 7-11, selling the stuff out of their car trunks, when they go shopping for the week's groceries?

I still don't get why thieves have suddenly decided it's a good idea to steal Tide laundry detergent.

Dilloduck
03-13-2012, 07:56 PM
FYI----Eskimoes always wash their clothes in Tide because it's too cold out tide.

SassyLady
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM

Why?

But Tide???

I don't get it.

I have the same thoughts which is why I posted it here. Instead of hoarding gold, should we be buying Tide? Unbelievable what crooks will do these days.

logroller
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I have the same thoughts which is why I posted it here. Instead of hoarding gold, should we be buying Tide? Unbelievable what crooks will do these days.

Is Tide that stupendous? Seriously, I wash my own clothes and I don't see the difference; maybe I just don't pay that much attention but, separating like fabric/colors is the extent of my concern in the laundry dpt...that and how to fold towels--in thirds, in case you were wondering.;)

SassyLady
03-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Is Tide that stupendous? Seriously, I wash my own clothes and I don't see the difference; maybe I just don't pay that much attention but, separating like fabric/colors is the extent of my concern in the laundry dpt...that and how to fold towels--in thirds, in case you were wondering.;)

I, personally, don't use Tide. Brings back too many childhood memories of standing over the scrub board and wringer ...... and then hanging the clothes on the clothesline.

I buy Kirkland HE detergent (Costco brand).

Shadow
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM

Doesn't everyone? They fit better in the cabnet that way. :)

I do notice the difference in some of the big name detergents compaired to the economy brands. Not big enough of a difference to make me want to pay $10.00 for a bottle though.

tailfins
03-14-2012, 09:59 AM

My wife thinks it's the best. Proctor and Gamble should send REALLY nice Christmas gifts to whomever is responsible for this hitting the news. It would be hard to buy publicity that good.

Abbey Marie
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I've used lots of brands, including Tide, but eventually settled on Gain Original Scent. I like the way it smells, and it seems to work best at getting rid of any sour washing machine scents that come up now and then.

Little-Acorn
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
black market is a "market", the original "free" market.

Umm, sorry, but it's not.

The original free market (without the scare quotes) was when one guy offered to sell something to another guy, who accepted and they made the deal.

Black markets didn't happen until government tried to interfere with those guys having the freedom to buy and sell. So they did it where government couldn't see them... and the "black market" was born.

As with most such things, they are a result of government trying to curtail people's freedom... and the people resisting that government.

krisy
03-14-2012, 02:47 PM

I think it's pretty good. Like I said tho,I usually buy something cheaper. I have found I can't go to cheap cause my husbands a drywall finisher and it has to be good enough to get drywall and sweat out of his clothes.

ConHog
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM
My wife buys some hypoallergenic frou frou detergent online. But, I can't imagine stealing anything, let alone a bottle of laundry soap.