PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Jousting

SassyLady
03-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Any one else watching this show? Saw commercial for it while watching Top Shot and thought I'd see what it was all about.

Sissies need not apply ... this is a sport that needs accuracy, strength and balance as well as some horse sense.

http://www.history.com/shows/full-metal-jousting

CSM
03-13-2012, 06:33 AM
yep, I watch it. Somebody will eventually get killed and that will be the end of that show!

SassyLady
03-13-2012, 10:33 PM
yep, I watch it. Somebody will eventually get killed and that will be the end of that show!

Why? Auto racing, horse racing, bike racing.........people are killed in all kinds of sports and they haven't been shut down. Why is this sport any different?

CSM
03-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Why? Auto racing, horse racing, bike racing.........people are killed in all kinds of sports and they haven't been shut down. Why is this sport any different?

LOL. WHY, you ask? Simply because this sport involves the use of weapons (archaic ones, at that!) so the libs and PC crowd will make such a hue and cry that it wil become illegal to engage in jousting. mark my words.

SassyLady
03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
LOL. WHY, you ask? Simply because this sport involves the use of weapons (archaic ones, at that!) so the libs and PC crowd will make such a hue and cry that it wil become illegal to engage in jousting. mark my words.

Totally get it now!!! Thanks!

And I will have agree with you ... or the animal rights crowd will start hollering abuse to the horses even though they are covered with armor.