PDA

View Full Version : The only moderate Republican on this board?

tailfins
03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
I see some libs and lots of hard core conservatives. Any moderate Republicans besides me?

logroller
03-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I see some libs and lots of hard core conservatives. Any moderate Republicans besides me?
I'm moderate in my views, and a registered (R) -- that count?

tailfins
03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm moderate in my views, and a registered (R) -- that count?

It sounds like it. The bad thing about libs is that they want the government tried first. Hard core righties treat large segments of the population like they don't count. Both extremes applaud the misfortune of specific segments of our nation. That ain't good.

revelarts
03-13-2012, 11:42 AM
What's a moderate republican to you guys?

what's a general outline?

In my view most of congress are moderate republicans or neo-cons.

darin
03-13-2012, 11:49 AM
What do you mean by "righties"?

And what is "hardcore" - to speak to your questions, I'd have to know you paradigm.

I'm a fiscal conservative libertarian; mostly. Libertarians want the Government to treat a large portion of the population as if we don't exist or matter in the sense we hope the Gov't completely or mostly keeps the heck out of our way :)

fj1200
03-13-2012, 12:01 PM
It sounds like it. The bad thing about libs is that they want the government tried first. Hard core righties treat large segments of the population like they don't count. Both extremes applaud the misfortune of specific segments of our nation. That ain't good.

Such as?

tailfins
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
What do you mean by "righties"?

And what is "hardcore" - to speak to your questions, I'd have to know you paradigm.

I'm a fiscal conservative libertarian; mostly. Libertarians want the Government to treat a large portion of the population as if we don't exist or matter in the sense we hope the Gov't completely or mostly keeps the heck out of our way :)

Such as?

By count, I mean worth your effort. For example Congressman Bob Turner worked to reduce bridge tolls in and out of Queens. It was a conservative policy, but required effort. It annoys me when I see posts on conservative forums opining that "New Yorkers don't matter" for example.

Mr. P
03-13-2012, 12:38 PM
By count, I mean worth your effort. For example Congressman Bob Turner worked to reduce bridge tolls in and out of Queens. It was a conservative policy, but required effort. It annoys me when I see posts on conservative forums opining that "New Yorkers don't matter" for example.

Be annoyed, very annoyed! :laugh: But count me as Moderate.

fj1200
03-13-2012, 12:50 PM

:confused:

Nukeman
03-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Personaly as for the REST of the country the whole east coast seems to not have a clue as to what goes on. New Yorkers really cant relate to others, I mean they really are out of touch with the rest of the US and how we work/act/live in general. Your cost for EVERYTHING are so out of reach for the average American, and we have a hard time relating to how anyone could live in that much concrete and people on top of one another, let alone the crime and cost of living...

jimnyc
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm a chicken hawk neo-con. Psychoblues told me so a long time back. And coming from a man that was in 42 wars...

Abbey Marie
03-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Tail, hard core, moderate, etc., labels are in the eyes of the beholder.

But your question seems to indicate that you think moderate is best. Some here think moderate is the same a wishy-washy or lukewarm.

Then there are, as Darin pointed out, people who are conservative on some issues, but not at all on others. Do the disparate pov's cancel each other out and leave you with a moderate?

I guess what I am saying is that people are usually more complex than a label. Especially people who take the time to post on a political message board.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm a chicken hawk neo-con. Psychoblues told me so a long time back. And coming from a man that was in 42 wars...

Wow, so Psycho was actually right about something? :laugh2:

logroller
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Tail, hard core, moderate, etc., labels are in the eyes of the beholder.

But your question seems to indicate that you think moderate is best. Some here think moderate is the same a wishy-washy or lukewarm.

Then there are, as Darin pointed out, people who are conservative on some issues, but not at all on others. Do the disparate pov's cancel each other out and leave you with a moderate?

I guess what I am saying is that people are usually more complex than a label. Especially people who take the time to post on a political message board.

Maybe that's a soft-core moderate.:coffee:

Abbey Marie
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe that's a soft-core moderate.:coffee:

Rated R for Republican. :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
03-13-2012, 06:15 PM
I remember the first week I was here, Pale Rider and redstatesrules neg repped me for being a liberal.......does that count?......

darin
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Pale Rider. Man, that dude...as evidenced by his words/actions...So-completely-mentally broken.

Abbey Marie
03-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I remember the first week I was here, Pale Rider and redstatesrules neg repped me for being a liberal.......does that count?......

:laugh2:

Gator Monroe
03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Would being a George Wallace Democrat count as a moderate Republican Today ?:laugh: