PDA

View Full Version : Montel Williams tells Michele Bachmann to slit her wrists

tailfins
03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
This is the same Montel Williams that hawks loan sharking products to the poor (Money Mutual). What a class act!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAuR_mBEKdE

jimnyc
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Limbaugh receives national attention over a "slut" comment, but this was 2009 and I doubt most are even aware of it. I would say that telling someone to go and kill themselves is worse than calling someone a slut, but that's just me I suppose. Weird how some get attention and others are overlooked for the most part.

logroller
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Limbaugh receives national attention over a "slut" comment, but this was 2009 and I doubt most are even aware of it. I would say that telling someone to go and kill themselves is worse than calling someone a slut, but that's just me I suppose. Weird how some get attention and others are overlooked for the most part.
I certainly wasn't aware.... Montel was still on TV.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM
If he actually has advertisers, boycott them. Isn't that the preferred way of expressing your opinion?

Little-Acorn
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM

Has President Obama called Michele Bachmann to console here over the abuse from Montel Williams yet?

Will the Mainstream Media announce it as loudly as they announced his call to Sandra Fluke, if/when he does?

logroller
03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Has President Obama called Michele Bachmann to console here over the abuse from Montel Williams yet?

Will the Mainstream Media announce it as loudly as they announced his call to Sandra Fluke, if/when he does?
Lets be honest here; a potential political opponent and a citizen spokesperson deserve a different level of consideration. Let us be genuine to the realities of circumstance.

darin
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
sickens me; he's a former naval officer, too. What a piece of crap. :(

SassyLady
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Lets be honest here; a potential political opponent and a citizen spokesperson deserve a different level of consideration. Let us be genuine to the realities of circumstance.

Are you saying that if someone decides to run for a political office they are no longer deserving of dignity and respect? I missed that etiquette lesson.

Abbey Marie
03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Are you saying that if someone decides to run for a political office they are no longer deserving of dignity and respect? I missed that etiquette lesson.

In fact, I would say anyone who decides to very publicly discuss their voracious sexual needs, does not deserve to be treated with kid gloves on that topic.

Oh how frightened people are of a strong, beautiful Conservative woman.

logroller
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM

Of course not; dignity and respect are earned by the character of one's actions. I'm saying that if someone, especially a political candidate, utilizes rhetorical wordplay like "slit our wrists...become blood brothers" to bolster political support, then turn-about is fair play. I understand what she meant, that we need some consanguinity in our country-- but that could have been premised without reference to slitting one's wrist; which serves one purpose, and one purpose alone-- to evince hyperbolic shock that a cause is worthy of dying for, and that she is willing to die for it-- that's what I mean by genuine circumstance.
Quite frankly, I don't think Montel gets it; but then, he was probably high...he could barely read the quote. I take anything he says with the grain equivalent of his weight n salt. As for Rush, his pejorative was incorrect-- as in all reality, if you're paying for someone to have sex, that makes them a whore, not a slut! But i noticed nobody gets upset for him calling her a prostitute, only a slut.

Abbey Marie
03-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Of course not; dignity and respect are earned by the character of one's actions. I'm saying that if someone, especially a political candidate, utilizes rhetorical wordplay like "slit our wrists...become blood brothers" to bolster political support, then turn-about is fair play. I understand what she meant, that we need some consanguinity in our country-- but that could have been premised without reference to slitting one's wrist; which serves one purpose, and one purpose alone-- to evince hyperbolic shock that a cause is worthy of dying for, and that she is willing to die for it-- that's what I mean by genuine circumstance.
Quite frankly, I don't think Montel gets it; but then, he was probably high...he could barely read the quote. I take anything he says with the grain equivalent of his weight n salt. As for Rush, his pejorative was incorrect-- as in all reality, if you're paying for someone to have sex, that makes them a whore, not a slut! But i noticed nobody gets upset for him calling her a prostitute, only a slut.

I suspect that is because they assume she is not a hooker, but the slut label on the other hand... :eek:

logroller
03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I suspect that is because they assume she is not a hooker, but the slut label on the other hand... :eek:
Fair enough; I guess I have to question why it would be assumed being a slut and using protection is such a bad thing?

Abbey Marie
03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Fair enough; I guess I have to question why it would be assumed being a slut and using protection is such a bad thing?

No one is saying that. We are saying- Pay for it yourself.

03-15-2012, 11:28 PM
If he actually has advertisers, boycott them. Isn't that the preferred way of expressing your opinion?

I prefer simply saying my opinion. Or in this case, writing it.

logroller
03-16-2012, 01:21 AM
No one is saying that. We are saying- Pay for it yourself.

Right, because an institution providing healthcare services evokes personal responsibility.:rolleyes: