PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of prison for yoots...

darin
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Make that...youths.

These kids - I'm seriously pissed off reading this. What kind of monsters?...

Authorities say three Southern California teenagers are suspected in the baseball bat beating deaths of kittens. Los Angeles County animal control officials say the three kittens were killed in a Hacienda Heights home on March 7. City News Service says one of the three Glen A. Wilson High School students told a staff member that the kittens were killed with a baseball bat and tossed into the trash. Animal control investigators say the 2-week-old kittens died of severe fractures to the skull.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/16/california-teens-suspected-in-baseball-bat-killing-kittens/?test=latestnews#ixzz1pICp4fH4

:( Breaks my heart.

Wouldn't mind seeing them in jail for half-dozen years. Yes, the victims are 'just cats'. Are kittens the gateway 'drug' to humans? I'm not a huge fan of slippery-slope...however, the guys who did this...sick in the head.

logroller
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Make that...youths.

These kids - I'm seriously pissed off reading this. What kind of monsters?...

:( Breaks my heart.

Wouldn't mind seeing them in jail for half-dozen years. Yes, the victims are 'just cats'. Are kittens the gateway 'drug' to humans? I'm not a huge fan of slippery-slope...however, the guys who did this...sick in the head.
Just killing cats isn't illegal where I'm from; I've had to dispatch animals before, and a blow to the back of the skull is relatively humane. It still makes me sick to my stomach, but someone had to do it. If they tortured or mutilated them-- that's sick in the head IMO.

I'll tell you what pisses me off is people feeding feral animals (water excepted) and/or leaving their own animals unneutered/unspayed and contributing to the feral population, that should be a crime IMHO. SO many animals are euthanized every year, and most of those are entirely preventable.

Wind Song
03-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Just killing cats isn't illegal where I'm from; I've had to dispatch animals before, and a blow to the back of the skull is relatively humane. It still makes me sick to my stomach, but someone had to do it. If they tortured or mutilated them-- that's sick in the head IMO.

I'll tell you what pisses me off is people feeding feral animals (water excepted) and/or leaving their own animals unneutered/unspayed and contributing to the feral population, that should be a crime IMHO. SO many animals are euthanized every year, and most of those are entirely preventable.
I've heard of feral cat populations being managed by capturing them and spay/neutering.

logroller
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I've heard of feral cat populations being managed by capturing them and spay/neutering.

That's what they say...reality is, millions of cats are put down.

Wind Song
03-16-2012, 10:52 AM
That's what they say...reality is, millions of cats are put down.
That's true. I'm just saying that some communities make an effort to sponsor feral cat colonies so they don't have to be put down.

logroller
03-16-2012, 11:06 AM
That's true. I'm just saying that some communities make an effort to sponsor feral cat colonies so they don't have to be put down.

Hey I'm all for that, cats can serve to keep vermin under control. Please don't think I've a vendetta against the cat population; it was just that after 3 litters were born under my house over the course the first 6 months of living there, with fleas and the odor of cat box emanating through my house, the humane treatment of animals didn't justify inhumane living conditions for my family-- enough was enough. I trapped them at first, relocated them, or took them to shelters; but no sooner did I remove one than two more lobbied for the new territory-- finally I just called animal control...I asked the animal control officer what would happen to them, and he said feral cats and kittens aren't adoptable and they'd be put down.

jimnyc
03-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Spaying/neutering is a totally different subject... as for people who purposely kill animals for fun, or for the hell of it - stick them in jail for animal cruelty. I have zero respect for anyone that can do shit like this. Either that, or give them a tiny bat and stick them in the cage with a grown lion, or leopard, and let's see how they do then. This shit pisses me off.