PDA

View Full Version : Cold Fusion: 23 years ago

kowalskil
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Cold Fusion; 23 Years Ago

Some of you are probably not too young to remember what happened nearly 23 years ago, on March 23, 1989. It was a dramatic announcement of the discovery of the so called Cold Fusion. Some people think that this was the greatest fiasco of the last century; others believe that this discovery was an important step toward future technology of pollution-free nuclear energy. The link to my free online book about Cold Fusion is:

Please forward this post to those who might be interested. Thank you in advance. It is my third book written after the retirement.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)

revelarts
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
kowalski, have you seen this? What's your take?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FilflaqbVI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FilflaqbVI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Little-Acorn
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Must be a really slow news day, to be digging up a minor fib from a few hacks 23 years ago.

jimnyc
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Just more self promotion. He'll pop in every few months to hawk a website or his books, but rarely if ever participates in anything here.

kowalskil
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Must be a really slow news day, to be digging up a minor fib from a few hacks 23 years ago.

The Cold Fusion controversy will be remembered as an unprecedented feud between PhD-level scientists, no matter what the final verdict about the claims will be. Numerous CF topics worth discussing can be found in my free online book (see the post that started this thread). I would be happy to participate in the discussion of these topics on this forum.

I think that the video "Cold Fusion: Fire From Water" (see the post above) is worth watching, especially after the first ten minutes, which is mostly well done "propaganda." Suppose one wants to compare debate about CF, between highly qualified scientists, with a typical debate about God, between atheists and theists? I see one difference--typical theists and atheists are neither scientists not theologians. But what about similarities? Think about similarities while watching the video, or why reading my book. In fact, I would be willing to add a chapter about this aspect of the controversy, if sufficiently inspired.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)

Little-Acorn
03-19-2012, 04:12 PM
The Cold Fusion controversy will be remembered

No, it won't. In fact, it's already pretty much forgotten.

Better luck next time.