PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Coach Smith & Coach Dungy

MIKESHARQ
01-22-2007, 08:58 AM
I believe that Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy, the two head coaches who will now face each other in Super Bowl XLI, do so because they did a superior job of coaching and managing their teams. And I think the media owes both of these gentlemen a deep apology for playing a triple deck of “race cards” during the coverage of the league championships.

The “talking heads” and “writing heads” are doing little to demonstrate their “colorblindness.” Why don’t they focus on the demonstrated leadership skills and talents of two terrific gentlemen who made it to the big game?

It just must not be in the mainstream media’s template.

jimnyc
01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
My wife and I were talking about the same thing last night, and it'll progressively get worse as the game gets closer. It's unfortunate the topic must be their skin instead of how much these 2 have accomplished. Would the accomplishments be any better/worse if they were white?

5stringJeff
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm glad that both coaches are black, so the storyline won't be focused on one black coach and how it would be great if he won over the white coach. Now a black coach is guaranteed to win!

MIKESHARQ
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Jeff:

I'm glad that both coaches are black, so the storyline won't be focused on one black coach and how it would be great if he won over the white coach. Now a black coach is guaranteed to win!

So what will be the explanation for why one won and one didn't. Surely the media Libs will come up with research for the how loser was more discriminated against in his youth by the unfairness of the old American system. Eh?